• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc sells NOT 2 GOOD In IT's 2ND WEEK :(

Kammosjuttu

I kind of feel a bit bad for getting the game for free now :p
(not much though.)

Won my PS3 copy in a facebook fan-contest (questions about DMC lore/games in general).

Wow, lucky you. I took part in three different lottery contests, won nothing, and then bought the Son of Sparda special edition of the game.

8BitHero

Scrub
For me personally,I stopped caring about sales a long time a go. I know a lot of us love games like Okami, Bayonetta, Killer 7, God Hand, Alice: Madness, Beyond Good and Evil etc and those games had CRAP sales, but it's not because the games are bad, they just don't sell. So DmC not selling isn't something to be worried about. It's a game that didn't deserve the harsh criticism and will be classed alongside games like Viewitiful Joe, Chibi-robo, Earth Defence Force 2017 as a hidden gem of the Xbox 360/PS3/PC. I'm not saying, completely ignore the sales, but I never let low sales of a game affect my gaming experience. So if DmC does in fact sell meh, it means nothing to me.

I kind of feel a bit bad for getting the game for free now :p
(not much though.)

Won my PS3 copy in a facebook fan-contest (questions about DMC lore/games in general).
Congratulations on winning!

Nerofanheart

For me personally,I stopped caring about sales a long time a go. I know a lot of us love games like Okami, Bayonetta, Killer 7, God Hand, Alice: Madness, Beyond Good and Evil etc and those games had CRAP sales, but it's not because the games are bad, they just don't sell. So DmC not selling isn't something to be worried about. It's a game that didn't deserve the harsh criticism and will be classed alongside games like Viewitiful Joe, Chibi-robo, Earth Defence Force 2017 as a hidden gem of the Xbox 360/PS3/PC. I'm not saying, completely ignore the sales, but I never let low sales of a game affect my gaming experience. So if DmC does in fact sell meh, it means nothing to me.

Congratulations on winning!
Bayo had good sales for a new IP

8BitHero

Scrub
Bayo had good sales for a new IP
Yeah, I'd say hitting a million is good. But when new IPs like Gears 1 can get sales of 6 million (on one console(and then PC)), it could've been better. I guess I am wrong in that Bayonetta(on 2 consoles) hitting the million mark isn't classed as "a game that sold like crap" so I do take that back.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Thanks for the congratz everyone.

I get DmC would go to it's lovers like Prototype did. Bad sales, considered to be an average to okay game, but even today it has a lot of love from it's (small? I'm not sure) fanbase.

Prototype did get a sequel but... well, not only did it not advanced in any way the first game's story, it also ended in a unnecessary cliffhanger, and now that radical games is basically gone, we fans of prototype are very sad =(

omg, I'm not trying to give bad vibes for those hoping for a DmC 2. sorry xD

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So do we not spell check before making thread titles?

Is that what we do here?

I take it grammar and spelling is really important to you?

I myself don't mind them as long as they aren't major enough to the point of where I don't know what someone is talking about lol.

Devil Player

The fact is: Some people are clearly overreacting. Nobody won nothing, because well, there is no war...

DmC doesn't have 2 complete weeks of release. There are people saying it's already a failure or it's going to be a giant sucess. Just stop.

Why can't we simply discuss about the game itself? Leave money, sales and finances to business experts. I loved DmC, I hope there is a sequel. I also hope there is a DMC 5. I'll be pleased with any of the 2 next games. I'm happy to play the game that I've always wanted to play. I also hope those who didn't like DmC, may be able to get a game they like.

We still have no official worldwide sales. Let's wait for the next 2 or 3 months. The game will probably perform fine enough to justify a sequel. Not awesome business, but with good reviews and critics, I doubt Capcom will kill the franchise as a whole.

Either DMC 5 or DmC 2, any of them is going to be welcome in my book. However, I'm honest, I want both of them lol. :)

Let's stop the fighting, guys.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Either DMC 5 or DmC 2, any of them is going to be welcome in my book. However, I'm honest, I want both of them lol. :)

Let's stop the fighting, guys.

Here here! I started back in 2001 with the original, but I'm loving the new DmC as it's own respin on the story, I would love to see them both continue as something similar to Marvel's main universe(earth 616) and Ultimates line.

Devil Player

Here here! I started back in 2001 with the original, but I'm loving the new DmC as it's own respin on the story, I would love to see them both continue as something similar to Marvel's main universe(earth 616) and Ultimates line.

Exactly, same here. XD

It would be amazing seeing both universes being made at the same time. :)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...You know, that would allow for a possible meeting of the two worlds, since Earth 616 Peter DID cross over into Ultimates Earth and met Miles, the current Ultimate Spider-man. It'd be interesting to see the two Dantes meet and work together, see the contrasts and commonalities between them in interaction.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
*reads thread*

thinks:what if the heavy prejiduce Dmc has gotten actually means it wont sell any more? what if it is declared a failure by capcom? then no more DmC, no DmC2 and the Devil May Cry series will be put away for the forseeable future...or worse a DMC5 where Dante is a parody of a parody and nero wont shut the **** up about kyrie??

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
*reads thread*

thinks:what if the heavy prejiduce Dmc has gotten actually means it wont sell any more? what if it is declared a failure by capcom? then no more DmC, no DmC2 and the Devil May Cry series will be put away for the forseeable future...or worse a DMC5 where Dante is a parody of a parody and nero wont shut the **** up about kyrie??

What if DmC fails and they later a make a Beach Volleyball game of Devil May Cry, and we have to pick out bikini's for Dante!?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...So Speedos and Pizza cover for Dante vergil and nero for the ladies and tinnie winnie bikinis for Lady, Kyrie, trish and Kat(and lucia) for the guys?

That would sell platnium in two days, and you know it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
What if DmC fails and they later a make a Beach Volleyball game of Devil May Cry, and we have to pick out bikini's for Dante!?
I for one welcome that game:troll:I see your Dante in a bikini and I will up the squick level with the idea of Mundus in a tiny speedo and Lilith in a bikini:lol:

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
XD And it can have that silly catchy theme song. "Bah-duh-bum bah-duh-bum" while they all play volleyball together, and have that odd butt battle thing where they have to knock the other person off into the water o.o

Oh lord, WHAT MONSTER HAVE WE CREATED!?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Lady and Kyrie wet t-shirt fight, dude. DO NOT STALL THE IMAGE!

...make this game, Capcom. you will make hordes of money and you know it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
XD And it can have that silly catchy theme song. "Bah-duh-bum bah-duh-bum" while they all play volleyball together, and have that odd butt battle thing where they have to knock the other person off into the water o.o

Oh lord, WHAT MONSTER HAVE WE CREATED!?
It's not a monster.....IT'S AN ABOMINATION!:lol:

Top Bottom