• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc sells NOT 2 GOOD In IT's 2ND WEEK :(

Downfall

While I agree with the Dark Knight and TDKR being good sequels, I actually agree with Nero when he says, ''Let DmC Die''. Also, fans hated the idea of a realistic Batman as well. They actually cheered in TDK when the Bat Tumbler exploded. Yes. They hated it that much even in the best part of the best movie in the best Batman series to date.

And by the way, Batman Begins wasn't a financial success. It was never certain whether or not they would make a sequel. It was only later that Warner Brothers decided to take another risk and have the ''Why so serious?'' viral marketing that helped create buzz.

It's like having a poster with New Vergil as Corrupt Vergil and saying, ''I need more power.'' and having the word ''power'' written on the blade of his sword (whether it will be a katana or Nelo Angelo's zweihander remains to be seen). The same way the Joker wrote a smile in blood where his mouth was.

Look at what this has turned into. Even if DmC2 comes out, and even if it is a good game and sells well, there will still be people who hate it. Just let it die, already.

And they'll all cheer when Nelo Angelo drives his sword through Dante. Count on it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think this thread is going to breed the exact kind of reaction you just had. Blaming poor sales on "the haters" is just going to perpetuate this flame war that Capcom started in the first place to cause controversy among the fans to sell the damn game in the first place. The game's out there and it can now perform however well, on it's own merits. If it doesn't sell well, than maybe Capcom should rethink the next time they want to reboot the series and do it in a more respectful way to the fans.
Yep, no point with back and forth of 'haters' and blame. The game is out now, and whatever happens will happen. To those of us who bought the game, at last we're enjoing it, right? That's the main point of a game is to have fun, not to get angry at those who don't like it. And yes, there has been a lot of spite and arguing surrounding this particular game, but it's time to let go.
I wouldn't say it was disrespectful, but the PR was not done in the best way, and it did rub quite a few people up the wrong way. Lessons to be learned there when changing a game that has many hardcore fans.
I guess not everyone can be pleased with what was done, but if you make a game trying to please very person it loses creative integrity and would become like a clucterf-k of many ideas. ^_^

zarion

The sales figures for the 2nd week aren't out yet, you doofus.
It may have dropped in the UK, but we have no idea how it's doing in the states and in Japan.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Good to see you finally taking action...

Protip: They probably won't make you a mod if you insult them.

Incidentally in the unlikely event that you haven't "ignored" me yet, HI!

While I agree with the Dark Knight and TDKR being good sequels, I actually agree with Nero when he says, ''Let DmC Die''. Also, fans hated the idea of a realistic Batman as well. They actually cheered in TDK when the Bat Tumbler exploded. Yes. They hated it that much even in the best part of the best movie in the best Batman series to date.

Maybe people thought it was incongruous for a hero who avoids collateral damage at all costs to plow through public property in a huge steel monster, and do things like escape IR-equipped helicopters on a straight road.

I liked the Tumbler myself, but I can see why it annoyed people.

It's like having a poster with New Vergil as Corrupt Vergil and saying, ''I need more power.'' and having the word ''power'' written on the blade of his sword (whether it will be a katana or Nelo Angelo's zweihander remains to be seen). The same way the Joker wrote a smile in blood where his mouth was.

I think if they did that people would think it was viral for Pacific Gas & Electric.

Look at what this has turned into. Even if DmC2 comes out, and even if it is a good game and sells well, there will still be people who hate it. Just let it die, already.

I agree completely.

And they'll all cheer when Nelo Angelo drives his sword through Dante. Count on it.

Well at least NT will be giving the fans what they want for a change.

Did you not hear The Dark Lord of the Forums? Mature discussionsonly.

KIWI made a perfectly sensible post that was appealing for calm. You should listen.

They don't want things to change, they thinkg it's not DMC unless it's more rehash of what ended up failing in DMC4. Ergo, yes, they cannot let go, and would rather let the series die than evolve and revitalize itself. Wanting a story or franchise to to just die instead of reinventing itself is one of the worst expressions of "cannot let go".

Maybe there are some of them who feel that the final product was poorly executed and that NT's track record demonstrates that they aren't likely to improve on it? You can't lump all those who didn't enjoy DmC together like that. It's bad manners.

Quite frankly I think the backlash and the surprising success of the HD Collection prove that there's still an audience for Classic DMC, but even if the series dies I'll be happy with my unsoiled memories and internally archive DmC as a particularly lucid mescaline nightmare.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Maybe there are some of them who feel that the final product was poorly executed and that NT's track record demonstrates that they aren't likely to improve on it? You can't lump all those who didn't enjoy DmC together like that. It's bad manners.

Quite frankly I think the backlash and the surprising success of the HD Collection prove that there's still an audience for Classic DMC, but even if the series dies I'll be happy with my unsoiled memories and internally archive DmC as a particularly lucid mescaline nightmare.

I'm not lumping all the unfans of the new game, I'm referring to the rather vocal minorty that sadly gets more attention because they are so vocal who has outright said "we won;'t even consider the game getting some chance to prove itself, it sucks because it's change".

Also, the HD collection only made sales of 45k units. I'd hardly call that a "surprising success", that's actually pretty dismal, even for a "hastily slapped into HD format" cash in

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I'm not lumping all the unfans of the new game, I'm referring to the rather vocal minorty that sadly gets more attention because they are so vocal who has outright said "we won;'t even consider the game getting some chance to prove itself, it sucks because it's change".

Yeah well, even those twats can't be held responsible for DmC's sales even if they did have the sense to not buy copies.

Also, the HD collection only made sales of 45k units. I'd hardly call that a "surprising success", that's actually pretty dismal, even for a "hastily slapped into HD format" cash in

It's about .75 mil on VGchartz last count, and that's not including digital download sales (Which is where I got my copy). It's actually a pretty good compilation, with some nice art galleries and a music viewer. Though I'll admit it's crashed on me more often than I'd like. That is not the Hard Lock that I paid for...!

And baby you do not know horrible HD collections until you have seen Silent Hill.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yeah well, even those twats can't be held responsible for DmC's sales even if they did have the sense to not buy copies.

It's about .75 mil on VGchartz last count, and that's not including digital download sales (Which is where I got my copy). It's actually a pretty good compilation, with some nice art galleries and a music viewer. Though I'll admit it's crashed on me more often than I'd like. That is not the Hard Lock that I paid for...!

And baby you do not know horrible HD collections until you have seen Silent Hill.
Yeah the blame for the low sales of the game can not be put entirely at the feet of the "haters", though it would be foolish to think that they did not contribute by miring the game in needless controversy. Still, other factors play into it and it's only the second week today lol, it's still far to early to even discuss thins, give it a month or two for Christ sake.

As for the HD collection, well that was something put out for a smaller audience anyway, it was not some serious major release and was likely very easy and cheap to produce. It's a pure money grab and I don't mean that in a bad way at all because I bought it and was waiting for Capcom to do it since all the HD remakes started popping up everywhere.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Meh, I could care less about HD collection, it honestly doesn't look THAT vastly improved and the cutscenes look like crap becaus they had deleted all the files already and could not rerender them. I still have my 5th anniv pack anyway, just nee dto find my memory cards for the ps2

Dark Drakan

Admin
Good to see you finally taking action...

When you have about 30 reports in the list because someone gets a little report trigger happy it takes some time to get through them all & read from the start of the discussion to the end to get the full story. While your keen for me to remind people about the rules...

• Double-posting or reviving 'dead' topics is only allowed under very specific conditions. Use common sense to determine whether or not you have a legitimate reason to engage in either.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Yeah the blame for the low sales of the game can not be put entirely at the feet of the "haters", though it would be foolish to think that they did not contribute by miring the game in needless controversy.

Capcom intentionally provoked the fanbase in order to create contraversy, because the marketing arseheads told them that contraversy sells. They have only themselves to blame if it has harmed their sales.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-20-capcom-planned-dante-controversy

Meh, I could care less about HD collection, it honestly doesn't look THAT vastly improved and the cutscenes look like crap becaus they had deleted all the files already and could not rerender them.

In defence of the devs who put together the collection, Japanese studios often destroy source code once a project is over because they're incredibly daft. At least the DMC HD guys pulled the finished code off a completed copy of the game to upscale it, unlike what those morons who did the Silent Hill HD collection, which was use an incomplete version of the coding which was full of bugs.

VergilNeroDante

I see this. If capcom takes and bring NT studios over and works on a DmC 2 even if it doesn't sell well I will see more hate for the series rather than what fans actually want. They should just creat both sides, everyone shuts up and goes on with their lives. I personally believe that NT sucks as a studio and a game company. 4 games in the past 10 years shows they are not up with everyone else. DmC, I just don't know, simply because I don't care for the game, I prefer the original anyways.

Why continue a series if it sold poorly? DMC 4 had high enough sales, even for being a incomplete project since it was rushed. I feel they think they will continue trying to bring in more fans to the series when they should have ended it long ago with an amazing twist rather then rebooting it and trying to bring in newer players. Sorry but Hack n Slash games are not as popular anymore unless you can really show off some amazing things.

DmC is glitchy and lacks. Yes I played it and completed it since I borrowed it but honestly I know they wont patch these games because Tam Tam wants you to play the game the way you want to. Overall I think the series should die now. Finish the original and be done with it.

ZeroLove

tamtam-swingspear.gif

Oh look, now you made Tam Tam angry...
Don't worry Tam Tam, some of us still like you. ;P

Downfall

Where does this guy get off saying DmC sucks, end of story? As if it were an irrefutable fact?

How about now, Dark Lord of the Forums? Am I allowed to be outraged now??

VergilNeroDante

Where does this guy get off saying DmC sucks, end of story? As if it were an irrefutable fact?

How about now, Dark Lord of the Forums? Am I allowed to be outraged now??

Because it's my opinion towards the game. I was able to fully play it without judging by the demo alone. You should be able to not let this offend you but I guess I hit those certain buttons. Sure I can positively say the environment and warping world was a step up and that the backtracking wasn't involved but even that needed some adjustments but I give a solid 9 for that, everything else, it didn't feel right to me. Honestly move along and stop acting like everyone needs a spanking because they voice their opinions about something you like. If they don't like it then they don't like it.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Dear Lord, some of you are just so grim lol. The series does not need to die just because an alternate version is different. I think it could be a smart move for them to just have two separate DMC series, would probably please Everyone, and there is a good chance I would buy both lol. Now i'm not sure if that will happen but it would be awesome if it did.

I think this thread is still kinda pointless since it's too early to scream success or failure based on two weeks of sales and I can't understand why there is this much passion on either side over it. Chillax people!

Because it's my opinion towards the game. I was able to fully play it without judging by the demo alone. You should be able to not let this offend you but I guess I hit those certain buttons. Sure I can positively say the environment and warping world was a step up and that the backtracking wasn't involved but even that needed some adjustments but I give a solid 9 for that, everything else, it didn't feel right to me. Honestly move along and stop acting like everyone needs a spanking because they voice their opinions about something you like. If they don't like it then they don't like it.
Yeah as someone who loves the game I agree with you, people need to stop getting so upset that other people have different opinions, does not sound like blind DmC hatred bs that your are spewing, just your honest opinion. I suppose the fact that the "haters" have been bitching about this game and treating those who did not hate it like **** for 3 years has cultivated this kinda ultra sensitive reactionary feeling from people who like the game and are big fans. I understand it completely but in a way it's no better than the people who judged the game based off a cg trailers, no game play footage and black hair for years. People have different views, the game is not perfect and people who are reasonable and not just blind fanboys should be able to say what they want whether they like the game or not.

Top Bottom