• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

chocolatepanda

I still haven't seen much. A lot of this forum is posting new content by the day and giving away a lot of the game so by now it's no surprise that a lot of the game has been spoiled. So far all I know is there's a Hunter Boss, Poison, the Aquila and Clobber Fists Weapons AND a training room very similar to Bayonettas loading screen. I haven't seen anything else, so I have a lot to look forward to.​
Weapon wise there's not much to look forward too(besides combos) since you know of all the melee weapons. The part that hasnt been spoiled for this game is the story itself since it seems we've only gotten tid bits of info from missions 1-10.

m100t8s

The first 10 missions in DmC will be the most boring levels I'll probably play ever in my whole life.

Anyone feels the same? I think I'll enjoy missions 11-20 more, Cuz you know.. We don't know anything about them at all and NT only showed the first half of the game :)

RookieHD

I don't have a capture card either, I'll just use the camera on my phone to record the gameplay. It might not be the best quality, but as long as we can show each other awesome gameplay that's all I care about.
i actually have a playthrough of the demo on my channel is you would like to check it out:)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just learned that you can shoot the wings off a Harpie... Who would've thonk it?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I just learned that you can shoot the wings off a Harpie... Who would've thonk it?

One of the best ways to get them down. Takes a bit longer, but get the power boosts on E&I should make it more manageable :3

Mystiq Doom

Kick13 is the sexiest thing about DMC4 (Sexier than Gloria). Sad I don't have DMC4 anymore...I actually downloaded the Demo for it just so I could play it again.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Any of style system in demo will be fixed in full-game ?

Do you mean will the Style meter's behavior be tweaked? Possibly, they've been taking feedback from people playing the demo.

I don't think they'll remove the grade retention, though.

Mystiq Doom

Do you mean will the Style meter's behavior be tweaked? Possibly, they've been taking feedback from people playing the demo.

I don't think they'll remove the grade retention, though.

I'm not sure how many people have noticed this (I checked again, just now, to make sure) but the style meter has been patched in the demo. Must've been server side because I've never had to download anything. But you cannot do the first two hits of hacker into Arbiter finisher (after demon dodge) to go from D to SSS anymore. It doesn't even take you to S. I hit 3 enemies, killing two and I went to A. While still not perfect, makes a lot more sense (Arbiter wrecks everything, if they didn't give you a lot of style there'd be no point in using it).

Evasive

I'm not sure how many people have noticed this (I checked again, just now, to make sure) but the style meter has been patched in the demo. Must've been server side because I've never had to download anything. But you cannot do the first two hits of hacker into Arbiter finisher (after demon dodge) to go from D to SSS anymore. It doesn't even take you to S. I hit 3 enemies, killing two and I went to A. While still not perfect, makes a lot more sense (Arbiter wrecks everything, if they didn't give you a lot of style there'd be no point in using it).
You really save my day

Love you sweetsugar :lol:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

I was in a discussion with RebeledgeYamato and he claimed that you could to that to instantly get an S by doing it on one enemy. I tested it on all the difficulties, and the first instance gets you a high C, and a second instance only gets you a mid B. After that, you'll get nothing until you start throwing some variety in there.

If you group multiple enemies in those two instances, you can still get more, but that's because you're getting that bonus for each enemy. Which is something the Style meter always did :p

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

am i the only one who is crazy enough to not play the demo and wait for the game :Dlol......im planing on making my first play through more fun and interesting :D while all of you are going to start from 30% im going to start from 0 hehe i still dont know how that will help me keep up with you guys but thats what makes it more interesting ^_^

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
am i the only one who is crazy enough to not play the demo and wait for the game :Dlol......im planing on making my first play through more fun and interesting :D while all of you are going to start from 30% im going to start from 0 hehe i still dont know how that will help me keep up with you guys but thats what makes it more interesting ^_^
I stopped playing the demo in mid December. just so I'm not just wrecking everything right off the bat. plus I like to walk everywhere on my first playthrough just to really take everything in.

and I'll probably finish my first walkthrough in a little under 20 hours. definitely won't finish it in a week.

8BitHero

Scrub
They are lying in the demo! *Le gasp*
There is no hidden item behind that wall
I'll say how I got here later
9C5hu.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think they said that there was a secret once you were able to get past the wall where it moved forward. There's that little alcove with the light shining out of it. I think that's where the secret is.

Logically, the secret was probably taken out of the demo to save space :p

8BitHero

Scrub
I think they said that there was a secret once you were able to get past the wall where it moved forward. There's that little alcove with the light shining out of it. I think that's where the secret is.

Logically, the secret was probably taken out of the demo to save space :p
Yeah I know that, I was just messing around about them lying. But I went down there and there's nothing there; this is before and after the wall moves forward.

Top Bottom