• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

XDante

HYPED!!!!
D9M0Us.gif

Frazz

General gamer
Could anyone point out exactly where 2017 is mentioned? Because as far as I can see it isn't. I think this is all just a placeholder that says "we may do something with the franchise at any point from 2016 and beyond".

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Could anyone point out exactly where 2017 is mentioned? Because as far as I can see it isn't. I think this is all just a placeholder that says "we may do something with the franchise at any point from 2016 and beyond".
It's a list of games coming for fiscal year in 2016 which ends in 2017. So if its true we should be getting a DMC game by then.

Frazz

General gamer
It's a list of games coming for fiscal year in 2016 which ends in 2017. So if its true we should be getting a DMC game by then.
I don't believe it is. It just says "2016 and beyond" instead of 'between 2016 and 2017's fiscal years'. The "beyond" bit makes it seem like it's just an option in the future with no definite year in mind. Also considering they had "no plans" for DMC in early October I highly doubt they'd have changed their minds so soon and commissioned a game to be released with only a year and at max 3 months for development time.

Joey Alexxander

So lately I have been writing a bunch to modify the series mostly because we are left with little info and story with the series. so I wanted to write something that explains things more and sticks close to the original Devil May Cry we all love. here's what I have.
Devil May Cry Remake

Start with the story of sparda and how he became so powerful, have it make sense then tell of how he fell in love with eva. play the story of how sparda sacrificed himself to stop the world from merging with the demon world. go into the story of how eva protected dante and vergil. go into vergil and dante's journey growing up with losing their mom and being separated (they should be age 6). go through the dmc 3 but change it up. (they should be 24) after all of that do Vergil's journey to kill mundus and how he falls before mundus and becomes nelo angelo. (15 years later) go through dmc 1 but change it up. (2 years later) go through dmc 4 but take some time giving nero's backstory of growing up in an orphanage. after all of dmc 4, continue with the story from there. bonus chapters include missions with lady and trish.

Sparda Backstory

Once an angel, Sparda is now a demon. Angered at Lucifer for casting them all out of heaven, he decides to join forces with Mundus and with the idea to overthrow Lucifer. they actually succeed and rule the demon world with an army. Sparda plots to overthrow Mundus with the help of his best friend jin. Sparda decides to leave back and forth from the demon world to the human world because he met a human women named eva. he met her from a masquerade that was supposed to end in a complete slaughter but that night they fell in love. despite eva finding out Sparda was a demon, she still loved him. eventually they had twin boys, Vergil and Dante. They kept the relationship a secret the boys were 5. Mundus found out and tried forcefully to take the human world. but Sparda defended the world and sacrificed his life to protect the world, he gave eva two halves of the perfect amulet to give Dante and Vergil. the perfect amulet is the key to the demon world. Eva raised Dante and Vergil for a year until Eva sent them away in secret giving the boys their half of the amulet. Vergil sent with jin in the human world. Dante into the orphanage. demons found eva and killed her.

Dante Backstory

Dante is raised in an orphanage when he was 6 up until 15 when he ran away. he raised himself up until he was 18 and was always in trouble with the law but never got caught. when Dante turned 19 he was hunted by demons and with difficulty managed to defeat them. Dante killed the final demon who was in control of 2 of sparda's most prized weapons- Rebellion and the essence that is now known as ebony and ivory. Dante claimed them for himself and personally trained and hunted demons for 2 years mastering the sword and his marksmanship. the next year he runs into Vergil for a "sparring" session which ends in a draw. the next year the events of dmc 3 take place.

Vergil's Backstory

after he is separated from Dante and his mother died (Vergil is age 6) he is raised until the age of 16 by a japanese sword master by the name of Jin. this sword master is really a demon who was a 2nd in command of sparda and Vergil did not learn that until the age of 10. when Vergil turned 10, he was trained until he was 16. Vergil meets a girl he loves named anastasia and they are together for two years and they have a baby named Nero at the age of 18. Vergil raises Nero for two years and Vergil is now 20. demons hunt down Vergil and kill jin along with anastasia. upon jin's death, jin gives Vergil Yamato just as sparda had instructed jin. Vergil tries to protect them but fails. he is angry at the loss, he wants to protect Nero so he puts Nero in an orphanage and Vergil goes on a journey for power. 2 years later he runs into Dante and they have a "sparring" session which ends in a draw. 2 years later, the events of dmc 3 take place.

that's all I have. I would love some feedback. this is a Devil May Cry I dream of.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So lately I have been writing a bunch to modify the series mostly because we are left with little info and story with the series. so I wanted to write something that explains things more and sticks close to the original Devil May Cry we all love. here's what I have.
Devil May Cry Remake

Start with the story of sparda and how he became so powerful, have it make sense then tell of how he fell in love with eva. play the story of how sparda sacrificed himself to stop the world from merging with the demon world. go into the story of how eva protected dante and vergil. go into vergil and dante's journey growing up with losing their mom and being separated (they should be age 6). go through the dmc 3 but change it up. (they should be 24) after all of that do Vergil's journey to kill mundus and how he falls before mundus and becomes nelo angelo. (15 years later) go through dmc 1 but change it up. (2 years later) go through dmc 4 but take some time giving nero's backstory of growing up in an orphanage. after all of dmc 4, continue with the story from there. bonus chapters include missions with lady and trish.

Sparda Backstory

Once an angel, Sparda is now a demon. Angered at Lucifer for casting them all out of heaven, he decides to join forces with Mundus and with the idea to overthrow Lucifer. they actually succeed and rule the demon world with an army. Sparda plots to overthrow Mundus with the help of his best friend jin. Sparda decides to leave back and forth from the demon world to the human world because he met a human women named eva. he met her from a masquerade that was supposed to end in a complete slaughter but that night they fell in love. despite eva finding out Sparda was a demon, she still loved him. eventually they had twin boys, Vergil and Dante. They kept the relationship a secret the boys were 5. Mundus found out and tried forcefully to take the human world. but Sparda defended the world and sacrificed his life to protect the world, he gave eva two halves of the perfect amulet to give Dante and Vergil. the perfect amulet is the key to the demon world. Eva raised Dante and Vergil for a year until Eva sent them away in secret giving the boys their half of the amulet. Vergil sent with jin in the human world. Dante into the orphanage. demons found eva and killed her.

Dante Backstory

Dante is raised in an orphanage when he was 6 up until 15 when he ran away. he raised himself up until he was 18 and was always in trouble with the law but never got caught. when Dante turned 19 he was hunted by demons and with difficulty managed to defeat them. Dante killed the final demon who was in control of 2 of sparda's most prized weapons- Rebellion and the essence that is now known as ebony and ivory. Dante claimed them for himself and personally trained and hunted demons for 2 years mastering the sword and his marksmanship. the next year he runs into Vergil for a "sparring" session which ends in a draw. the next year the events of dmc 3 take place.

Vergil's Backstory

after he is separated from Dante and his mother died (Vergil is age 6) he is raised until the age of 16 by a japanese sword master by the name of Jin. this sword master is really a demon who was a 2nd in command of sparda and Vergil did not learn that until the age of 10. when Vergil turned 10, he was trained until he was 16. Vergil meets a girl he loves named anastasia and they are together for two years and they have a baby named Nero at the age of 18. Vergil raises Nero for two years and Vergil is now 20. demons hunt down Vergil and kill jin along with anastasia. upon jin's death, jin gives Vergil Yamato just as sparda had instructed jin. Vergil tries to protect them but fails. he is angry at the loss, he wants to protect Nero so he puts Nero in an orphanage and Vergil goes on a journey for power. 2 years later he runs into Dante and they have a "sparring" session which ends in a draw. 2 years later, the events of dmc 3 take place.

that's all I have. I would love some feedback. this is a Devil May Cry I dream of.
most of these ideas could still be applied to the classic franchise with some tweaking and it better if they were introduced in a new game/anime as this is enough material to fill a new game.

I rather Jin be a hunter who was inspired by Sparda and had a dynamic with him similar to the dynamic lucia has with dante in DMC2.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Fiscal year 2017 ends March 31 2018, I think that's enough time to make Devil May Cry 5 and release it January of 2018, that's my guess. With them saying "beyond" probably is talking about their online sub segment games not their consumer sub segment games. I read the whole report, the parts that had to do with gaming and they say a few times that they want to release new titles in popular series once every 2.5 years. Taking in to account when this report came out puts in right in line to make that release date of around January 2018. I wish, I wish, I wish.

Devil May Cry Remake

Sparda Backstory

Dante Backstory

Vergil's Backstory

Sounds cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sesha

Capcom's main pipe line as depicted in the OP extends from the 2013 to 2017 fiscal years. The 2017 fiscal year ends March 31st 2018. Meaning each of the franchises mentioned in 2016 and beyond will see new releases between now and then.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Here is hoping that it does not get released by 2017...that is only 2 years development and look where DMC 4 got us...unfinished...I would like them to take the time to make this game

Man, DMC1 and 3 had about that much time of dev process, or just a little bit more. Time is not the problem, focus is.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: Well, how much focus can you give on a game that has 2 (maybe not even that) years of development? This isn't something that they can rush, because they will just mess it up. They do have to give it time and focus, but the longer the better. I'd agree that 2017 is a good year for release if they say they'd been planning it since 2013/14, but we all know that isn't true. In today's day and age nothing is kept as a secret, and word would've got out somewhere along the line that they were planning something.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: I don't think many trust Capcom's decisions. That's why they wouldn't want it rushed. Yeah, 2 years for the other games is fine, when they had focus, like you said.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
@Foxtrot94: I don't think many trust Capcom's decisions. That's why they wouldn't want it rushed. Yeah, 2 years for the other games is fine, when they had focus, like you said.
I think that they've actually been working on it already for over a year and a half, in the recently released in the U.S. Devil May Cry Graphic Arts book Itsuno says that they were working on DMC3SE at the same time as DMC4. Itsuno also later says that he was trying to scrape together a team to work on DMC4SE or DMC5 but it never panned out. Well clearly it did at least with 4SE but I think that they also probably started early development on DMC5 along with that. Which would mean that if it came out in January 2018 which is my best guess, that would mean a development time of about 3 and a half years. Obviously this is only the case if what happened with 3SE and 4 is happening again with 4SE and 5. I hope so, but I understand why you worry that January 2018 might not be enough dev time.

Here is hoping that it does not get released by 2017...that is only 2 years development and look where DMC 4 got us...unfinished...I would like them to take the time to make this game
My best guess is January 2018 to meet their March 31 2018 deadline for their medium term business goals.

As I said, the 2 best DMCs got about that time of development.

Also no, the longer isn't necessarily the better. Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?
I agree, that game was literally painful, it gave me a ****ing migraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom