• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What do you mean by closer to RE style?
Oh, it's simple. Go play REHD and immediately after go play DMC1 and tell me they're not the same game. They were made around the same time and they follow the Mikami formula, which you'll find in most of his Horror Survival.

DMC is part of a small trilogy of games from Capcom that have recurring elements as a byproduct of having Resident Evil 4 go through several stages of development and redevelopment. When RE4 became DMC1 they started a new RE4 and they did that like 4 times because they kept not been happy with what they had and so elements of the builds that were unused after the final game's release got put together and with some more additions they released Haunting Ground (Demento), one of the rarest Horror Survival games around.

That's what I want. I think DMC should try for that again, a more 'classic' Capcom style rather than what they're working these days.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not sure I want a full 100% Dante game since I've lost interest in him because of how dull he was in the anime. I didn't like him in 4 either as he had a lot of potential but not used well even thought he was pretty funny.

Recently I thought of either having someone else or someone new rather than Dante at the helm so that's what I would be judging DMC5 on if it's a solo Dante game.

Whether or not they can make him a character worth following again.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i keep having this thought that they're actually going with a devil may cry 1 remaster and then followed by devil may cry 5 some time later around those fiscal year --or after.. resident evil got that, and squeenix is doing the ff vii remake and re-releases.. this could be a trend..

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I'm not sure I want a full 100% Dante game since I've lost interest in him because of how dull he was in the anime. I didn't like him in 4 either as he had a lot of potential but not used well even thought he was pretty funny.

Recently I thought of either having someone else or someone new rather than Dante at the helm so that's what I would be judging DMC5 on if it's a solo Dante game.

Whether or not they can make him a character worth following again.
They obviously didn't fully focus on Dante in 4 because of Nero which is why he might have seemed so stuck in. I think if they focus 100% on a DMC5 being all about Dante and possibly Vergil just like 3 was, I think it would make Dante a character definitely worth following, not to mention a game fully focused on Dante's combat on a current generation console, holy **** that could be amazing.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
not to mention a game fully focused on Dante's combat on a current generation console

Meaning? How is the console generation relevant when it comes to combat? I'm genuinely curious.

Technology limitations for combat were a thing in the PS2 era, which prevented the real time Style switching on the fly in DMC3 for example, or a more extensive moveset for Vergil. But they already got all the processing power they need and beyond in the last gen. So what do you mean exactly?

Frazz

General gamer
Meaning? How is the console generation relevant when it comes to combat? I'm genuinely curious.

Technology limitations for combat were a thing in the PS2 era, which prevented the real time Style switching on the fly in DMC3 for example, or a more extensive moveset for Vergil. But they already got all the processing power they need and beyond in the last gen. So what do you mean exactly?
Perhaps he means that the combat will look better? Either that or it could be that the new consoles can handle LDK mode as the PS3 could never support it. That's one of the reasons why I really want a next gen DMC.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.

Did they? So the PS4's technology brings nothing new to the table in terms of what can be done in a moveset and styles for Dante for DMC5? I thought that with more power came more of an ability to create attacks and moves that maybe couldn't have been done on PS3. Trish's lightning attack that can hold enemies in the air comes to mind, I didn't know that they would have been able to do that on the PS3. I'm curious now why they didn't release 4SE on the PS3 as well if the PS3 could handle it. Could have made more money to go toward the next DMC. I didn't know that they had already figured everything out with the PS4, my bad.

Last edited:

absolitude

Did they? So the PS4's technology brings nothing new to the table in terms of what can be done in a moveset and styles for Dante for DMC5? I thought that with more power came more of an ability to create attacks and moves that maybe couldn't have been done on PS3. Trish's lightning attack that can hold enemies in the air comes to mind, I didn't know that they would have been able to do that on the PS3. I'm curious now why they didn't release 4SE on the PS3 as well if the PS3 could handle it. Could have made more money to go toward the next DMC. I didn't know that they had already figured everything out with the PS4, my bad.

basically what you're trying to say is that you're excited with what kind of a gameplay could we have on the current gen system, which in no doubt should be lot better than the last gen.. i'm honestly excited too just imagining it, and we haven't got that action h/s genre that could give us some picture of what the current gen capable of right?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I thought that with more power came more of an ability to create attacks and moves

And it's true, but up to a certain extent.

Trish's lightning attack that can hold enemies in the air comes to mind, I didn't know that they would have been able to do that on the PS3.

They would have. There have been games in the past gen that used enemy-holding attacks, ain't something so terribly advanced. The only feature of DMC4 that the old consoles couldn't handle was LDK, which is why they didn't release SE on PS3/Xbox 360, but there we are already straying away from the actual combat moves themselves, entering number of NPCs on screen territory.

The thing is, the usual limits in creating moves and expanding combat are memory size and processing power to elaborate the data (the famous frame data, you know). But how much memory and power, that's the point. You don't need a whole lot of them, the bulk of a system's power doesn't go into combat, but on graphics and number of assets on screen and AI. To put it very simplified, combat are a bunch of calculations the processor has to do and tie in with the animations (sorry if I'm not using proper technical language in English, I'm not a native English speaker).

Rather than the combat moveset, the power of the system can come into relevance when it comes to things like enemy behavior and AI, or environmental design/integration in combat (like in Bulletstorm for example). On a side note, all this is something completely independent from who the protagonist will be, Dante, Vergil, Nero, whoever. Although I too would like to have Dante only again, cause the more characters you have playable, the less fleshed out each of them's mechanics tend to be, generally, and Dante brings that flair and personality to combat I thoroughly enjoy.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
basically what you're trying to say is that you're excited with what kind of a gameplay could we have on the current gen system, which in no doubt should be lot better than the last gen.. i'm honestly excited too just imagining it, and we haven't got that action h/s genre that could give us some picture of what the current gen capable of right?
Exactly, and you'd think that they would be able to do more with the power of the PS4.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
And it's true, but up to a certain extent.

They would have. There have been games in the past gen that used enemy-holding attacks, ain't something so terribly advanced. The only feature of DMC4 that the old consoles couldn't handle was LDK, which is why they didn't release SE on PS3/Xbox 360, but there we are already straying away from the actual combat moves themselves, entering number of NPCs on screen territory.

The thing is, the usual limits in creating moves and expanding combat are memory size and processing power to elaborate the data (the famous frame data, you know). But how much memory and power, that's the point. You don't need a whole lot of them, the bulk of a system's power doesn't go into combat, but on graphics and number of assets on screen and AI. To put it very simplified, combat are a bunch of calculations the processor has to do and tie in with the animations (sorry if I'm not using proper technical language in English, I'm not a native English speaker).

Rather than the combat moveset, the power of the system can come into relevance when it comes to things like enemy behavior and AI, or environmental design/integration in combat (like in Bulletstorm for example). On a side note, all this is something completely independent from who the protagonist will be, Dante, Vergil, Nero, whoever. Although I too would like to have Dante only again, cause the more characters you have playable, the less fleshed out each of them's mechanics tend to be, generally, and Dante brings that flair and personality to combat I thoroughly enjoy.
That was very informative, I didn't know those things about the tech of consoles.

absolitude

Exactly, and you'd think that they would be able to do more with the power of the PS4.

it should be, with more cpu power, more ram and vram and plus if dx12 is implemented in it.. but then again, with these advantage devs tend to focus more on the visuals with needless things.. we would want them to be smart..

and knowing the japanese, they could do it i think, they could make great visuals without eating too much resources..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That was very informative, I didn't know those things about the tech of consoles.

Btw, to spare you warnings by the mods, when you wanna reply to multiple posts and the "+Quote" button is not available, hit Reply, highlight the stuff you wanna quite, copy and paste into the main reply box. You won't double post that way.

it should be, with more cpu power, more ram and vram and plus if dx12 is implemented in it

LOL man, VRAM is Video RAM Memory and DX are graphics library, what do you expect them to use them for? Of course it's gonna be graphics.

absolitude

LOL man, VRAM is Video RAM Memory and DX are graphics library, what do you expect them to use them for? Of course it's gonna be graphics.

i expect them to be smart, i'll say enough is enough, i've had it with these motha-- graphics on these motha-- games..

in all seriousness tho, we're lucky we have the japanese devs.. but then again, they're starting to use western engine like squeenix is doing, so there kinda goes..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i expect them to be smart, i'll say enough is enough, i've had it with these motha-- graphics on these motha-- games..

What I'm saying is that you can't list things like VRAM and DX12 as something that would make better gameplay, cause those things are graphics related. It's like saying that having a red paint instead of, I dunno, blue, would make my car faster. Doesn't have anything to do with it.

absolitude

What I'm saying is that you can't list things like VRAM and DX12 as something that would make better gameplay, cause those things are graphics related. It's like saying that having a red paint instead of, I dunno, blue, would make my car faster. Doesn't have anything to do with it.

see, dx12 reduces cpu overhead so it allows more to be processed in the bg and the screen, in a way it gives advantage to gameplay as well.. but the thing is even with those features, they'll want to push the graphics more instead of pushin more resources for the gameplay needs..

they will all affect eachother, especially in consoles..

EDIT : actually forget that, i'm confused myself

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
see, dx12 reduces cpu overhead so it allows more to be processed in the bg and the screen, in a way it gives advantage to gameplay as well.. but the thing is even with those features, they'll want to push the graphics more instead of pushin more resources for the gameplay needs..

they will all affect eachother, especially in consoles..

EDIT : actually forget that, i'm confused myself
I know, this discussion became too advanced for my little brain a few comments ago.

Top Bottom