• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the silver lining for all this waiting is that they can avoid one of the big mistakes they made with DmC and that was how they debuted the game.

to me they debuted the game too early and without a solid PR plan and that's what messed them up later on.

they eventually pulled it together but from tgs10-tgs11 was painfull to watch. If they managed to avoid that we might be in for a treat.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
the silver lining for all this waiting is that they can avoid one of the big mistakes they made with DmC and that was how they debuted the game.

to me they debuted the game too early and without a solid PR plan and that's what messed them up later on.

they eventually pulled it together but from tgs10-tgs11 was painfull to watch. If they managed to avoid that we might be in for a treat.
I agree, do you think we'll be seeing a DMC5 announcement at E3 2016 or TGS 2016? Or nothing in 2016 at all?

Frazz

General gamer
I agree, do you think we'll be seeing a DMC5 announcement at E3 2016 or TGS 2016? Or nothing in 2016 at all?
Literally every year we ask ourselves that question and are disappointed so I believe that the safe bet is that we hear nothing at all. I'd hope we get something but it's been 7 years since 4 and every year the fanbase has waited for a DMC5 reveal to no avail. It's the hope that kills me as every year we all find some article that indicates that the franchise will show up at E3 or TGS. I'd cry with joy if it's revealed next year but at this point I'd almost bet a lot of money on it not showing up or even being talked about in an official capacity. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic and cynical but Capcom haven't proved my skepticism wrong just yet.

berto

I Saw the Devil
While I don't like the guy, per se, don't hate him either, I do think he raises some good points and I have to agree with what he says.

Morrigan_Sparda

Queen of Darkness
I too prefer to wait a few years more and see a Devil May Cry in the line on the third (or 4th) game with the classic Dante like main protagonist

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
While I don't like the guy, per se, don't hate him either, I do think he raises some good points and I have to agree with what he says.
Vash's videos, regardless of his opinion towards the franchise, are grounded in plain fact and simple truth...and that's why I agree with this video here.

Nothing he says is untrue. I had the exact same suspicions and bewildered reaction to Capcom's revelation about DMC4: SE "selling well", without providing specific numbers...and I firmly agree that the series, as a whole, deserves far better than what Capcom has given it. It deserves to improve. It deserves to grow up, and fully realize its potential...of course, I say this on the forum regularly, and am labeled a "h8ter" as a result...maybe more people will listen when Vash says it.

Also, off-topic, but what he says about Capcom having little faith in the franchise, and treating it like a throw-away franchise that isn't given the dev time and attention to detail that it deserves....that pretty much sums up the way I also feel about Nintendo and their treatment of the Star Fox. Just a minor comparison I felt was apt.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Well yeah even though I do not think time is THAT much of a major factor for it to be a good game like so many make it out to be (imo 3 or maybe 4 years would be ideal for a game like DMC, not too little for them to make new assets and not too long for them to risk to lose focus and water the game down), I still have to give the guy reason. Helps that his tone was actually calm and reasonable instead of sounding like a spiteful dog like we see here on the boards all the time, which helps his credibility as a fan.

With that said, if they release a teaser in 2016, what's the big deal (since Vash said he would be disappointed if that was the case). If they don't do something major, like a full fledged trailer, but just a teaser like that one with creepy ass Dante for DMC4, or even that one only showing the witcher medallion for Witcher 3, that would mean the game is in its very early production stages and would not see the light supposedly till another few years.

Also, I read one of the video's comments saying that DMC4 would have probably turned out great if its dev process wasn't so troubled, with mid-process decisions regarding story and gameplay resulting in the constant changing of the game. That's what he says, and I gotta say I think he's got a point, which goes back to my opinion that time is not necessarily the main deciding factor for the game to be good or not.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
umm he completely misinterpreted Itsuno's comment. Basically he said, that IF DmC performed exceptionally well it would have replaced main franchise, but since it didn't it didn't happened, on the other hand if it completely flopped it would be one time thing, which apparently didn't happened either

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
umm he completely misinterpreted Itsuno's comment. Basically he said, that IF DmC performed exceptionally well it would have replaced main franchise, but since it didn't it didn't happened, on the other hand if it completely flopped it would be one time thing, which apparently didn't happened either

So it's in a... Limbo? Hehehe...

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Literally every year we ask ourselves that question and are disappointed so I believe that the safe bet is that we hear nothing at all. I'd hope we get something but it's been 7 years since 4 and every year the fanbase has waited for a DMC5 reveal to no avail. It's the hope that kills me as every year we all find some article that indicates that the franchise will show up at E3 or TGS. I'd cry with joy if it's revealed next year but at this point I'd almost bet a lot of money on it not showing up or even being talked about in an official capacity. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic and cynical but Capcom haven't proved my skepticism wrong just yet.
Yeah I hear you, if you asked me last year right around this same time, I would have said that we'll be seeing a DMC5 reveal at either E3 or TGS for sure. I would be very sad but also not too surprised if there wasn't any announcement. But man I really wish there is at least a statement made by Capcom that it's at least in development.

Well yeah even though I do not think time is THAT much of a major factor for it to be a good game like so many make it out to be (imo 3 or maybe 4 years would be ideal for a game like DMC, not too little for them to make new assets and not too long for them to risk to lose focus and water the game down), I still have to give the guy reason. Helps that his tone was actually calm and reasonable instead of sounding like a spiteful dog like we see here on the boards all the time, which helps his credibility as a fan.

With that said, if they release a teaser in 2016, what's the big deal (since Vash said he would be disappointed if that was the case). If they don't do something major, like a full fledged trailer, but just a teaser like that one with creepy ass Dante for DMC4, or even that one only showing the witcher medallion for Witcher 3, that would mean the game is in its very early production stages and would not see the light supposedly till another few years.

Also, I read one of the video's comments saying that DMC4 would have probably turned out great if its dev process wasn't so troubled, with mid-process decisions regarding story and gameplay resulting in the constant changing of the game. That's what he says, and I gotta say I think he's got a point, which goes back to my opinion that time is not necessarily the main deciding factor for the game to be good or not.
If they would have just made DMC4 about Dante and worried only about making more weapons for him and all 20 missions in their own setting instead of backtracking I think it would have turned out to be a masterpiece. They wasted too much time trying to create a new character that no one really wanted.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I know dude, I think about it daily. It's very unhealthy.
I used to be like that with Jak and Daxter and other shows etc but eventually you find another franchise to get interested in, another story to listen to.

With Nero, I think Itsuno said that his inclusion was more to galvinate the dev team as they were burned out after 3 and force to jump into 4 right after (this was in the artbook thread). Plus Bingo the writer had a hard time getting into Dante so Nero was easier for him to handle.

So with DMC5 and the future, we do need a creator that has an idea of what to do with Dante and where his journey takes him.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I used to be like that with Jak and Daxter and other shows etc but eventually you find another franchise to get interested in, another story to listen to.

With Nero, I think Itsuno said that his inclusion was more to galvinate the dev team as they were burned out after 3 and force to jump into 4 right after (this was in the artbook thread). Plus Bingo the writer had a hard time getting into Dante so Nero was easier for him to handle.

So with DMC5 and the future, we do need a creator that has an idea of what to do with Dante and where his journey takes him.
Yeah I read that too, Bingo even says that he'll only want to work on DMC5 if it's a story about Nero. I hope that's not the case because even though I don't dislike Nero, I do dislike his gameplay. His gameplay is way too simple and dumbed down for my taste, especially when in contrast to Dante's complex gameplay. Even though Dante didn't have as many melee weapons as I would have liked, his ability to switch styles on the fly made up for that in my opinion. If you're good enough in DMC4, you can pretty much fly during combat if there are enough enemies around. Anyway, I hope that DMC5 is all Dante and no Nero.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't like the idea of Bingo writing DMC5. I'm done with that style of writing for the franchise, I want something more sincere, closer to the RE style it comes from. On top of that he is enamored with the concept of humans been obsessed with demonic power and trying to gain it, which was the theme of 2, 3 and 4 and the two former with Sparda's power, specifically, and with humans been even worse than demons, UUuuuuuu:jawdrop:. Enough of that:meh:.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I don't like the idea of Bingo writing DMC5. I'm done with that style of writing for the franchise, I want something more sincere, closer to the RE style it comes from. On top of that he is enamored with the concept of humans been obsessed with demonic power and trying to gain it, which was the theme of 2, 3 and 4 and the two former with Sparda's power, specifically, and with humans been even worse than demons, UUuuuuuu:jawdrop:. Enough of that:meh:.
Especially if he wants it to be based around Nero, no thanks. What do you mean by closer to RE style?

Top Bottom