• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry vs. Devil May Cry... (keep it civil, or else).

Classic Dante v. Rebooted Dante (The Old and the New)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah...the comic suffered some big problems for me. The pacing was horrible, and the artwork fluctuated so much it was like Kat was a man with a constantly-morphing bone structure in her face >.<

I totally like the concept behind it, but...it just wasn't done well.

I Make The Devils Cry

The idea of what it wanted to do was definitely good, because it could have filled in so much more of the backstory; but instead we get a two part, muddled mess that was badly finished *sigh*
Oh well, at least I can still enjoy the game and can avoid the comic if I want to, or I can just read the Devil May Cry 3 manga, that's alright.

Dante47

DmC: Devil May Cry is a flawed debut, but nonetheless an enjoyable one. I want to see Ninja Theory learn and improve from past mistakes and make a game all of the fans can celebrate. If Vergil's Downfall was any indicator of what is too come, then I'm okay with the series going down this path.

That isn't too say I don't miss Uncle Dante, Trish, Lady, and the rest of the gang.
Would I love to see a Devil May Cry 5? As I've stated countless times in the past, of course I would! But it has to be done correctly. If not, just leave it be. Make a Mega Man game instead. The reason why Devil May Cry 4 failed was because it wasn't finished and the team behind put little care and effort into the title. I don't want the same fate to fall upon Devil May Cry 5 if it is chosen to be made.

So which one do I like better... neither. They both have problems. DmC: Devil May Cry is a launch to a new series that hasn't yet reached the sky, and Devil May Cry was a grand series set to fall. Capcom has a choice. Either help DmC reach it's destined heights, or dust off and rebuild what is left of the classic Devil May Cry.
No matter where this goes, I'll be here, waiting to play it.

Grabnok

I know this topic is super f*cking old but I'm gonna voice my opinion anyway.

DMC: Devil May Cry (ridiculous way to name it) did not need to exist. At all. To better phrase, it did not need to exist with that title, those characters, or the setting. By associating the game with the original DMC pretty much labeled as a pile of crap in my opinion, so much so that I didn't even play it. I saw some gameplay and said "That's not Dante. That's not Vergil. This shouldn't exist."

Now, I heard the combat was pretty fun, and it seemed like fun. But it wasn't DMC combat. DMC combat is about mixing things up and using what you could to be as stylish as possible. DMC: Devil May Fail, was not that way. It was color coded. It's first of many failures.

Dante in the original games was calm, cool, cocky, and a general BA. He may have been filled with cliche one-liners, but that was his charm. I couldn't even stand to look at the new Dante, let alone hear his dialogue. I'm all for cussing out bosses, but in comparison to old Dante, not even close on the BA scale.

Vergil...I refuse to go into this on the grounds that new Vergil used guns. 'Nough said. Screw him.

If this game had a different title, different named characters, some minor design changes, and some tweaks to the plot, it may have been worth picking up. But no. It wanted to try being DMC. It's not DMC. It never will be, and I am 100% happy Devil May Cry 5 is being made and I hope from the bottom of my heart Nero is the MC with his Devil Buster in tow. He deserves it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This thread is really old. Also the idea of the thread was to keep the criticisms civil. Please don't try to get around the swear filter.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom