• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry vs. Devil May Cry... (keep it civil, or else).

Classic Dante v. Rebooted Dante (The Old and the New)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh yeah, it's definitely still weird .Remember though, that the giant baby only shows up out of her body inside Limbo, which in and of itself is world of lawless spacial dimensions :p

Kind of an odd oversight on Echidna and Lilith's part, lemme use the thing I care the most about in one of the most dangerous ways possible. "Lemme just shoot my child at this guy, what could go wrong?" and then suddenly" Oh my God! My babies! How could this have happened?!"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh yeah, it's definitely still weird .Remember though, that the giant baby only shows up out of her body inside Limbo, which in and of itself is world of lawless spacial dimensions :p

Kind of an odd oversight on Echidna and Lilith's part, lemme use the thing I care the most about in one of the most dangerous ways possible. "Lemme just shoot my child at this guy, what could go wrong?" and then suddenly" Oh my God! My babies! How could this have happened?!"
It's like Kat said about superpositioned state of Limbo and the human world. So the baby only exists in that huge form inside Limbo...so in the human world, I guess it would have looked like a regular baby?:/ And if that's what the baby really looks like in Limbo, then shouldn't Lilith's true form have appeared too...unless her being attached to the baby was her true form?

Yeah, that is pretty dumb using your baby in a fight. I think with Lilith, it was pride and confidence because it was Mundus' child. In the battle, she does boast that Dante can't beat her child because it is the son of a god, and she boasts the baby is immortal...but immortal does not mean indestructable...she should have looked that one up:p Then there is some cut dialogue from the game where Dante actually asks Lilith if Mundus knows she is risking the life of the child. Lilith is pretty casual about it, again, out of pride I suppose.

On the other hand, half of her battle quotes have her insulting the baby or telling it off...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pretty much. In the human world, the babby is just babby, but in Limbo, it was able to use like...all the extra skin on Lilith's body to form into the giant thing it was when we fought it. Dante totally wasn't kidding when he called Lilith a "skin bag." *gwoss*

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Pretty much. In the human world, the babby is just babby, but in Limbo, it was able to use like...all the extra skin on Lilith's body to form into the giant thing it was when we fought it. Dante totally wasn't kidding when he called Lilith a "skin bag." *gwoss*
>_< Talk about being stretched out. It's like that scene from the Aliens movie where the alien just shoots out of the chest in an explosion of blood and stuff.

I don't think she even wanted the baby anyway...well she wanted it, but only to make Mundus happy and to use it as a reason to still be with him.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yop. She pretty much encompassed women who try to get pregnant with a powerful man's child in order to live a luxurious life. Lilith thought it would get here a lot more pull in the demon hierarchy, essentially. She summed it up pretty well with her "I'm nothing without this brat."

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yop. She pretty much encompassed women who try to get pregnant with a powerful man's child in order to live a luxurious life. Lilith thought it would get here a lot more pull in the demon hierarchy, essentially. She summed it up pretty well with her "I'm nothing without this brat."
I guess it was just as well Vergil finished her off after basting the baby out of her. She was nothing to Mundus after that, and if she had survived, would he really have taken her back after she used the baby to fight Dante, got herself kidnapped, and then got the baby killed....maybe Mundus would have killed her himself as punishment for killing his heir.

Gosh, she's so pathetic. People should really learn a lesson from her: don't use a baby to make someone stay with you, espcially if you don't really want the baby in the first place, except to use as a tool. It all ends in tears eventually.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
137799952160.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
on topic- I felt DmC was an improvement storywise because it did provide a little more context for these characters and the world they live in so i have a better sense of this series than i did for the old series but they didnt manage to use the new elements to their full potential so they feel more set dressing and the story just feels like a rehash of DMC3.

So its a better story but not by much nor as rememberable or groundbreaking as they make it out to be.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
on topic- I felt DmC was an improvement storywise because it did provide a little more context for these characters and the world they live in so i have a better sense of this series than i did for the old series but they didnt manage to use the new elements to their full potential so they feel more set dressing and the story just feels like a rehash of DMC3.

So its a better story but not by much nor as rememberable or groundbreaking as they make it out to be.

I fully agree. I'd argue that even if DmC has combined many plot elements that aren't used much in games (like the media controlling some things, and the government or upper class being corrupt/brainwashing), that still doesn't make the plot 'superior'. Most of it is a matter of preference, and it's mostly about the execution of the plot, not the plot itself. Originality/rarity does not equal quality. If somebody prefers incredibly original plots, that's nice, but it doesn't say anything about quality.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I fully agree. I'd argue that even if DmC has combined many plot elements that aren't used much in games (like the media controlling some things, and the government or upper class being corrupt/brainwashing), that still doesn't make the plot 'superior'. Most of it is a matter of preference, and it's mostly about the execution of the plot, not the plot itself. Originality/rarity does not equal quality. If somebody prefers incredibly original plots, that's nice, but it doesn't say anything about quality.
Agreed. In my view the story was more focused rather than being blatantly better or anything. If I could describe the story of the original DMC it would be.... campy. It kind of reminds me of FFXIII a bit. It was a much larger focus in that game compared to past installments but not better by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom