• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I normally don't read fanfictions but... wow. Just wow.

:blush: Thank you. Even I get itchy calling it fanfic, because...well...the word has such bad juju-magumbo tied to it. I also wonder if it has to do with not reading something in an actual book. Because it's so easy for any schmuck to write something and spread it using their computer, but, y'know...you have a book, then like...hey, it must be good - it's a book.

It's ironic, because when I was reading the translations of the Sword Art Online webnovel (where it all came from), I got the same vibe from reading fanfiction, and I'm almost sure if I read it in physical novel form, I wouldn't get that vibe. Although, it might also be because I saw Sword Art Online first, and reading a story that literally explains all of the things I've seen in the anime, it feels like the writer is just explaining things from the anime.

I think we really gotta get to a point where fanfiction becomes an innocuous word, and instead recognize that there is great fanfiction, and horrible fanfiction. I've ready some pretty good fanfiction in my time :p

Can't you just become NT's new story-writer, pretty please?

If only. Maybe we should all send tweets to @DevilMayCry and @NinjaTheory about the story :x Hey, @DevilMayCry does it for fanart, why not?

Sunaka Marién

:blush: Thank you. Even I get itchy calling it fanfic, because...well...the word has such bad juju-magumbo tied to it. I also wonder if it has to do with not reading something in an actual book. Because it's so easy for any schmuck to write something and spread it using their computer, but, y'know...you have a book, then like...hey, it must be good - it's a book.

It's ironic, because when I was reading the translations of the Sword Art Online webnovel (where it all came from), I got the same vibe from reading fanfiction, and I'm almost sure if I read it in physical novel form, I wouldn't get that vibe. Although, it might also be because I saw Sword Art Online first, and reading a story that literally explains all of the things I've seen in the anime, it feels like the writer is just explaining things from the anime.

Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. It was a bit like that with the One Piece light novels (it didn't help that they weren't very good in the first place...) and the DMC novels for me - even though the were actual books. I guess it's difficult to not make the reader feel like they're reading fanfiction when reading something that's based on a series that didn't start of as some sorta book, because, well, those things are a lot like fanfiction, in a way, just that they're officially part of the series.
I really wish that 'officially pulished = must be better than something you can find for free on the internet'-mentality type of thing will change a bit in the future :<

I think we really gotta get to a point where fanfiction becomes an innocuous word, and instead recognize that there is great fanfiction, and horrible fanfiction. I've ready some pretty good fanfiction in my time :p

Heh, well you're proof that there is great fanfiction xD It's just so hard to find any good stuff :< Especially when you refuse to read any romance fics :x But yeah, gotta stay open minded about fanfics~

If only. Maybe we should all send tweets to @DevilMayCry and @NinjaTheory about the story :x Hey, @DevilMayCry does it for fanart, why not?
Hey, that's actually a pretty good idea! That way it'd get at least more readers :3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Heh, well you're proof that there is great fanfiction xD It's just so hard to find any good stuff :< Especially when you refuse to read any romance fics :x But yeah, gotta stay open minded about fanfics~

Oh God...yeah...a lot of fanfic seems to be tied up in mary-sue, icky romance stuff. Mine of course, is actually nothing of the sort. Maybe that in and of itself makes it more palatable.

EllDawn

You just made me think of how I won't even touch romance novels. Romance fics would basically be the same thing, in my opinion. Good luck in staying open minded. Anything that makes the story into more of a romance is, in my opinion, going to make it seem like just a repeated story with different characters and setting. Just avoid those ones and you'll find the better fanfics.

I hope that made sense.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks for the words so far n.n

Anyone got thoughts? Opinions? Concerns? Conversation?...love me...?

I LOVES YOU!!!!!
For the most part, take the Standard Dante from DmC (with the white hair), grow out the hair just a little bit, and instead of a white tank top under his coat, he's wearing an untucked slightly buttoned red dress shirt over a black tee. This sorta emulates the red vest DMC1 Dante wears under his red coat. He's also wearing some slightly different pants, like the ones he wore in the 2010 Announcement Trailer, which had a red hemline that reached his ankles.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay, so. Almost done. Managed to get through the dialogue, and there's a nice little piece at the end that might (read: probably will) be slightly familiar. I wanted to get it in there. For what it is, I also added some more depth to it, makes it just a little more dramatic and cool (I hope).

Should be up in a few hours, or...tomorrow. The new episode of Shingeki no Kyojin is out, and I'm debating on whether to watch it without my gal pal, since she's in DC right now. Hrrrrmmmm

Also - just because I can't ever shut up about my ideas and how excited I get about them, there's even going to be a little bit of backstory to the Divinity Statues :D

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
How do find the time to mod/gamestop/write fanfiction/faqs??

You're like.... there isn't even a word for you.

I'm just gonna say 'polymath-kata'. Yeah, that sounds about right.

1365037230704.gif

Just another day... for TXA.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Moderating is easy on a slow forum, GameStop is just a jorb, writing is done at home, but I can think pretty much at any time about plot and stuff, and I haven't made a FAQ since my Lightning FAQ from two years ago :p

I also have no life beyond working, writing, drawing, reading, and playing video games. I live in the middle of goddamn no where, where drinking and hunting are the only two things I could do that I don't want to do.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd write my own story, but I can't seem to come up with a premise that's actually worth a damn.

Maybe I should just write what I want, instead of writing what other people expect to be "good".

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mission 2 is up! Go have a peek, and lemme know what you think! Or don't! You've got free will, exercise it!

Mission list in the first post has been updated as well, for easier navigation.

You should ask the staff to move your thread to the fanfiction board.
Also:
“Food sucks. Room service was terrible. Bed was uncomfortable. I give it zero stars outta five,” Dante replied.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, that's really all that matters to me :3 That I made a story people can dig. I'd also accept people "liking," "really feelin'," and "absolutely loving" the story, too :p

EllDawn

I love how you ended this chapter. Kind of gave me chills with the last line. The next chapter can not come soon enough.

By the way, I almost expected Dante to put out his cigarette on a demon's forehead like in one of the first trailers. It reminded me of it so much.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I love how you ended this chapter. Kind of gave me chills with the last line. The next chapter can not come soon enough.

Glad to hear I'm doing something right.

By the way, I almost expected Dante to put out his cigarette on a demon's forehead like in one of the first trailers. It reminded me of it so much.

I was thinking about that, but, it just didn't quite fit. I'm also still just ever-so-slightly skeptical on it really being something that would be considered torture to a demon >.<

EllDawn

Glad to hear I'm doing something right.

I was thinking about that, but, it just didn't quite fit. I'm also still just ever-so-slightly skeptical on it really being something that would be considered torture to a demon >_<
More than just something, I'd say.

It doesn't really fit his current personality, anyway. Maybe if his demon half takes over him more, but not now. As for it actually being torture for a demon...maybe. Like with anyone there has to be a tender spot. If he can find it, that would make it torture.

Top Bottom