• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Awright folks! Here's where I'll update people on this DmC fan-fic I just started up out of nowhere. I'm not sure when I'll have time to update it with new Missions (chapters) with whatever schedule I may end up with, but we can certainly use this thread to discuss it all as well.

Mission 1 [Bad Neighborhood]
Mission 2 [Order Among Chaos]
Mission 3 [Illusion of Sanity]
Mission 4 [Anger Cage]
Mission 5 [Sagacity]
Mission 6 [Worlds Betwixt]
Mission 7 [Where the Devil Dares Tread]

I'll be hosting the Missions on my blog, because I don't want to have them restricted by wordcounts in posts, and in the same spot as discussion for it. I'll add more to the list when I make more.

Hope you like 'em n.n

Last edited:

EllDawn

I'll have to read the rest later, but what I did read looked pretty good. I'm looking forward to reading more.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm curious as to what Dante looks like in your own words. I think you should go for changing their outfits a bit, but not enough for it to be just a copy of the original. Maybe more red.

But other then that, it sounds pretty damn good.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I actually didn't get a chance to really describe Dante, because I was using Officer Portinari's POV of him, and it was sorta dark in the alley.

For the most part, take the Standard Dante from DmC (with the white hair), grow out the hair just a little bit, and instead of a white tank top under his coat, he's wearing an untucked slightly buttoned red dress shirt over a black tee. This sorta emulates the red vest DMC1 Dante wears under his red coat. He's also wearing some slightly different pants, like the ones he wore in the 2010 Announcement Trailer, which had a red hemline that reached his ankles.

Other than that, he's pretty much the same ol' Devil Hunter

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Cool.

Quick Question, what kind of Angel was Eva?

If she was a Seraph or higher, this could be Dante's "Divine Trigger" (sounds better than angel trigger)

6_winged_angel_by_Scarvan2323.jpg

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dante's transformation reminds me of guts when he wears his black armor. the way the hood forms his upper jaw.

I thought u were going to introduce lady as the officer and I'm glad u didn't.

ur dialogue was spot on and pretty funny at times too, I just thought Dante seemed kinda dumb most of the times and I would have thought he could have learned a little more after the mundus death.

the action was very brutal and not much style. I thought the Cgi trailer really captured how Dante would actually fight, but non the less, ur writing painted a clear picture.

I hope u got time for another chapter/mission because it really was a fun read

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Cool.

Quick Question, what kind of Angel was Eva?

If she was a Seraph or higher, this could be Dante's "Divine Trigger" (sounds better than angel trigger)

Haven't quite thought about something as particular as that yet. In my head, I'm still trying to get down a few more specifics, like locations and adversaries and the like.

I do, however, already have a fairly specific design in mind for his Angel Trigger that's analogous to his Devil Trigger.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Dante's transformation reminds me of guts when he wears his black armor. the way the hood forms his upper jaw.

That did end up being a small inspiration. I loved the Feral Berserk Armor :3

I thought u were going to introduce lady as the officer and I'm glad u didn't.

Gotta keep people guessin'!

ur dialogue was spot on and pretty funny at times too, I just thought Dante seemed kinda dumb most of the times and I would have thought he could have learned a little more after the mundus death.

the action was very brutal and not much style. I thought the Cgi trailer really captured how Dante would actually fight, but non the less, ur writing painted a clear picture.

It's tough, because DMC is an action series, built around building those crazy combos, and it's sorta hard to make that translate very well into normal combat in fiction, because unless they're specifically prominent characters that are fighting, it can get a little boring reading about it. Choreography is also just a general challenge for thinking up and then trying to describe clearly. I hate to cut corners like that, so I try to get as much in as possible, but overall Dante is always depicted in cutscenes as such a powerful person that most mooks are going to go down quickly. Boss fights will certainly be more of a spectacle to read :3

As for the brutality, a lot of it was done from Dante's Devil Trigger form, and the man-demon, fueled by anger and whatnot, is much more brutal. It's part of why Dante is worried that he's losing control, because he's never been quite that brutal.

I hope u got time for another chapter/mission because it really was a fun read

I'll definitely be writing more, as there are plenty of other ideas floating around in my head. I'm not sure on what sort of time frame I'll be getting to them, though, since I'm still working on my next book. However, this is a great exercise to keep me right-brained even when I'm a little exhausted on writing Situation 0.[/quote]

EllDawn

I'll have to read everything when I get my laptop back. Cell phones are not fun to read on. And I am planning on reading your preview, too.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thanks for the words so far n.n

Anyone got thoughts? Opinions? Concerns? Conversation?...love me...?
Maybe some boots? Or a Beowulf weapon that has both gauntlets and greaves? Royalguard?

Lock-on? Maybe you could say Dante is more focused?

EllDawn

Maybe some boots? Or a Beowulf weapon that has both gauntlets and greaves? Royalguard?

Lock-on? Maybe you could say Dante is more focused?
Perfect time to mention Beowulf. I'm reading The Saga of Beowulf. If it's going to be included I'd suggest a redesign. It was okay in the game, but didn't seem to match the name. Not in my opinion, anyway. I never did like the idea of them being so slow.

EllDawn

It's kind of annoying. But then I've seen games from Japan that seemed to disrespect the mythos they took names from. That really bothers me.

Top Bottom