• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

Exejpgwmv

Ok, I can get why angels might not like nephilim, but why people like Kat too?

Or is this going to be explained later?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Not sure if I'll find a way to get it into the story itself, but essentially, Daniel called her a witch. Her powers give her the ability to do things that humans aren't meant to do. She has access to supernatural abilities that are seen as an affront to God.

Just think back to the Salem Witch Trials and you'll get it :p

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Another really inense chapter, I really like the attention to detail you bring into the battles!
And you end it on a cliffhanger? CURSE YOU!!! Now I have to wait again XD
Damn I'm looking forward to more BlastBack as well, waiting for new chapters makes me feel like a child again where I always had to wait for the new Harry Potter book...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Glad you liked it n.n

I will warn you, as intense as the ending was, it doesn't lead into another epic fight. I actually cut out about a page from there that leads Dante out of the church, because outside the church wasn't as natural a stopping point, I felt :S That page will be starting out the next chapter, but there's also some things to cover in the next chapter.

There is of course much more to come, but truth be told, that fight was really long, and I didn't want to inundate the reader with anymore DANTE DANIEL DANTE DANIEL DANTE DANIEL DANTE DANIEL >.<

Erian1Mortal

Premium
XD
true, Dante and Daniel were the most used words this chapter I believe.
I did not expect two chapters of fighting to be honest. It could get boring pretty fast, for the reader and for you as the writer. Better have fewer fights that are pretty epic than have a lot of skirmish without meaning. Besides, I really like the chapters where there is more talking, because you got a knack for giving characters a personality!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah >.< I tried to use their nicknames as much as possible, eg "the angel" "the demon/devil hunter/killer" but if you use that too much, it's bad as well >.<

I totally would have changed Daniel's name if it wasn't slightly important to his character, because "Daniel" means "God is my judge", and he's a Grigori (or Watcher). Grigori are sort of like the forward scouting teams developed to check out hellish areas, made up of angels from several choirs.

There's also an apocrypha that talks a lot about rebellious watchers. Make of that what you will :p

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Man, rereading and listening to the new Combichrist Album really fits the mood!
"The Evil in me" really fits Dante in your story, if you liked the OST of the game, give it a try!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, she's 100% human, but think about where humans came from? Their souls are a metaphysical thing, willed into being and then regulated by a supernatural force. The soul is something that can cross the boundaries, but its locked in a vessel - the human body, that normally can't be opened. Kat, along with anyone else with an aptitude for magic, can peer into a world they aren't supposed to see, and with practice, manipulate it in certain ways - like her graffito portals and astral projection.

It's the same basic principle of how the demons and nephilim in human vessels can still perceive the metaphysical and supernatural.

The point is that humans are essentially the most supernaturally-retarded being in a universe chock full of supernatural weirdness. Some, however, are less retarded than others :p

Exejpgwmv

Oh yeah, by the way, does this mean Dante won't go crazy while in DT anymore?

And also, have the reviews on fanfiction.net gotten any better?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh yeah, by the way, does this mean Dante won't go crazy while in DT anymore?

Well, does it sound like Dante's got a hold on the man-demon? Or was he able to just push it aside this one time? That thing doesn't quite like not being invited to play, so...there's some repercussions coming. We'll have to wait and see :3

I will actually say definitively "No" at this point. Things aren't so simple. It's not a switch that Dante was just able to flip, and put the man-demon on a leash. The man-demon is wild and raw, it's sort of a representation of Dante's past self from the game, where he was wild and raw. Old habits die hard, as it were.

And also, have the reviews on fanfiction.net gotten any better?

I think, sorta. There's a lot of praise besides the ones at the beginning from people who didn't seem to bother reading further or paying attention at all :p There's like three reviews from a guest who I think is the same person, responding with small comments to some of the chapters as they went through, haha.

Popular opinion seems to be that Dante beats up "that racist angel" :p

Exejpgwmv

We+_5d3d5d6550ab4be892ded4f88b2a097f.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Haha, yeah >.<

A chapter of Blast Back or two is up next, although that could even talk a bit with all the stuff that's come up in life recently. I'll definitely be getting back to it all when I can.

Top Bottom