• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
DMC forums, why you no notify me that there were new posts in this thread?! D:

Lol! Oh, Two...you're going to use that card as much as you can right now, aren't you? :p Now, if you happen to be taking Nyquil, then I'll totally understand, and retract my teasing. XD (That sh*t hits me like a brick wall...or, you know, like I've run into one, lol).

*Waves random banner* Get well soon!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well that chapter really kicked a lot of ass. I had to read the previous one too because im never reminded when this thread is updated. But! it leaves me with a good chunk to read. But the last chapter really was epic. I honestly didn't know the fight would last that long and keeping track of all the flying bastards, introducing new weapons! introducing new abilities! cool:cool:

And your choreography with the fight plays out great! especially when (new) Dante whiffs his first attack with the sickle (unlike classic Dante) I thought that was funny. But honestly man, the whole fight was....:jawdrop:

Sliding shotgun charges??!! what?!?!:banghead:..:banghead:..:banghead:

Osiris Raze ripping apart flying babies?!?! what?!?!:vomit:

Arbiter SMASHING SHEILD DESTRUCTION!!?? wwwwwhat?!?!:dead:

You used everything in Dantes arsenal....besides Kablooy

That many weapon switches deserves a SSS rank

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hahahaha, thanks a lot mang. I'm glad you liked the choreography, it's always one of my favorite things to write about, especially for something like Devil May Cry, where everything is so over-the-top, and I like finding new ways to use existing abilities - like Dante propelling himself from a wall with a charged shotgun shot :p

Much more to come, still! But for now it's off to a new chapter of Blast Back first :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Kipping up is a thing :p

kip_up__by_syccas_stock-d6ncigt.gif

Can also be done without the use of the hands if you've got REALLY good abdominal control.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* it's more of an aesthetically "cool" thing. DMC is usually about form over function, right :p I could also just bullsh!t it by saying that he can see through the membrane, or that he's using a "third eye" when in DT that can't be obscured. Actually...I like that last one >.>

Exejpgwmv

Also, will there more demons or angels like Phineas?
That don't have to want to help Dante, just not want him dead.

Exejpgwmv

Random thought: Is Dante going to have to deal with human enemies?
For example: Gangsters that were trying to erase or spray over Kat's graffiti in effort to keep their "turf".

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Haven't actually thought about that, but it's a nice thought. Granted the wards Kat puts down are in places where demons hang out, which means that they've pretty much sort of taken over that turf. I had figured that sometimes the demons would attempt a resurgence to try and take over previously warded areas, though.

If anything, the demons would probably start small by possessing people like gangsters who have very weak hearts that leave them open to possession. I might have to expand upon that in the future :3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's entirely up to you, really. If you're doing it episodically like I and others do, chapter by chapter, then make it as long as you need to in order to establish something that engages the reader, but not so long that the cut off catches them off-guard. Obviously, if people are waiting for a while with each new update, then you want to make sure a chapter is long enough to have made that wait worth it, but if you make it too long, you might burn yourself out on content in the succeeding chapters. Chapters are also helpful to use as almost like "lessons" for the story, because as each chapter wraps up, the reader is given a moment to retain everything they've read.

This really applies for normal writing, too :p

Exejpgwmv

That's entirely up to you, really. If you're doing it episodically like I and others do, chapter by chapter, then make it as long as you need to in order to establish something that engages the reader, but not so long that the cut off catches them off-guard. Obviously, if people are waiting for a while with each new update, then you want to make sure a chapter is long enough to have made that wait worth it, but if you make it too long, you might burn yourself out on content in the succeeding chapters. Chapters are also helpful to use as almost like "lessons" for the story, because as each chapter wraps up, the reader is given a moment to retain everything they've read.

This really applies for normal writing, too :p
Thanks, that actually helped. :laugh:

Top Bottom