• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5, thoughts for a great continuation

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Nero would be a little upset about that :D
In a way it would make at lot of since and also portals being open don't happen often and im sure only weaker demons can sneak through never giving Dante or nero a taste of what powerful demons can dish out

Well, when talking about demonic portals, remember that the ones in DMC4 where Berial, Echidna and the others come out of are portals too. I'd say those demons are quite big :p

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well, when talking about demonic portals, remember that the ones in DMC4 where Berial, Echidna and the others come out of are portals too. I'd say those demons are quite big :p
Yeah but also they were fake hell gates substituted for the real thing and we don't know if it had any effects on them that they didn't notice :)

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
He'd have a hard time of it being his soul is in pieces merged with other now dead people, and Yamato kind'a accepted its new owner
I know. I just instinctively replied when saw this particular part of the post made by meg5493.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It wouldn't be hard to right a good story for DMC5 you wouldn't believe some of the stories fans have written that are better than what capcom puts out

VergilNeroDante

It wouldn't be hard to right a good story for DMC5 you wouldn't believe some of the stories fans have written that are better than what capcom puts out

Of course so why not take alittle to what the fans want? Just saying and honestly I have a question what does T stand for, haven't quite figured that out yet. Anyways with the way things are we never really experienced what Hell is really like either, just parts and pieces from the DMC 3, DMC 1, DMC 2 (none from DMC 4 :()

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Of course so why not take alittle to what the fans want? Just saying and honestly I have a question what does T stand for, haven't quite figured that out yet. Anyways with the way things are we never really experienced what Hell is really like either, just parts and pieces from the DMC 3, DMC 1, DMC 2 (none from DMC 4 :()
What do you mean by "T" also kinda do a Divine Comedy thing where each circle of hell has a different theme to it.

D-Sparda

They do not have a direct influence on Capcom's work concerning DMC. So they are useless, unless they get hired by Capcom in the future.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
They do not have a direct influence on Capcom's work concerning DMC. So they are useless, unless they get hired by Capcom in the future.
No im saying that if a SINGLE fan can put out a good story then Capcom's writers should be able to do the same im not saying Capcom should just take the idea and go with it but take it into account when writing the next DMC

VergilNeroDante

Oh i assumed it meant Thread Creator :|

Oh alright got ya! I'm use to OP whenever it comes to forums lol but anyways thanks for the help :) I can see if a fan can come up with a decent set for the next game then ya like you said how come Capcom can't. Right there that means that the story could easily continue onward rather than have nothing you know? Again I think throwing in Vergil Dante and Nero to take down Mundus for the last time would be a great finale for the original you know? Even add missing DLC like a missing link to Sparda or something, make it interesting to the fans cause I'm sure they want to here more on Sparda!

Dante47

Devil May Cry 5 should be made.
Those patient fans who desperately seek a continuation, or just an explanation, deserve a true Devil May Cry experience.
I've thought for awhile on how Devil May Cry 5 could and should be made. Here's my thoughts.

First off, if we actually wish to include Devil May Cry 4 as part of the timeline rather than just ignoring it, some things will have to be explained for the sake of a cohesive narrative.

To accomplish this, the main focus once again needs to be Nero.
I know how much you all hate him, and I used to believe so as well.
But fact of the matter is, the reason Nero was so uninteresting is the fact he was literally Dante with a strange hand.

Sure, maybe not in his skill set, but in terms there's nothing that separates him from the other white haired protagonist.
Due to poor writing, Nero never had time to differentiate himself and shine among the large roster of characters. For this hypothetical Devil May Cry game to work, Nero needs to be fleshed out as a character and his origins need explaining.

With all the inconsistencies previous Devil May Cry games have made, Devil May Cry 5 is needed to explain these and set the orignal franchise back on track.
I've said before I'd love for both DMC franchises to continue simultaneously, I just hope they do.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
tumblr_ma9skjf8b01rqig6s.gif

D-Sparda

Kyrie would be an hindrance to Nero's next future game in term of plot(if he even gets another game).

Dante47

Kyrie would be an hindrance to Nero's next future game in term of plot(if he even gets another game).
Not if she was actually interesting.
If they were good at their jobs, and great writers, they could use her in a meaningful way.
Or just ignore her and make slight mentions.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well maybe Kyrie could learn some self defense courtesy of Trish and Lady she wouldn't need to be on their level but she could be able to take down lower class demons with some ease.

Top Bottom