• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5, thoughts for a great continuation

VergilNeroDante

Though the ideas have been on the horizon about a possible DMC 5, I thought I would share a few thoughts in regards to some of the members with the support. We, the community have come far and wide with possible hopes of the continuation of the original series, while others are afraid of such, there are indeed members who still hope for a possible comeback. I for one am one of those people. If Capcom will take the time and effort into making a DMC 5, I for one feels it will be epic, afar from the story having it's issues. Here is a taste of what the community has in store.

I think I've mentioned it before, and I don't have too much in my head right now, other than some basic points, but here goes...

DMC5 should be a total nod to the series as a whole, and possibly the best way to let it go out with a bang. It should have two full sides, a la DMC2 (not DMC4). According to the Bingo's novelization of DMC4, after the events of the game, Nero started his own Devil May Cry to hunt for demons, but DMC5 should focus on actually telling us about Nero's origins, and thus most of Nero's side should comprise him searching for information on his origins, and ultimately learning how he's connected to Sparda. In the process of this, he would learn of inklings that the demon king Mundus is mounting a revival in Hell, which her learns of because he holds the true key to the demon world; Yamato, which demons have begun to seek out. This is all happening around the time that Dante is fighting Arius's forces in DMC2. Requiring some much needed help, Nero seeks out Dante, only to find Lucia waiting for his return, and here, Nero learns that Dante hasn't been seen for a while after he went to Hell - Nero knows what he's going to have to do...

On Dante's side, we've last seen him in DMC2's ending driving around Hell in a motorcycle, popping sweet wheelies into the sunset. Stuck in Hell, he's forced to fight off the demons that are still around, and in the process he is shown much of his past. The demons will pull at his memories, showing him things that players haven't known about, fleshing out Dante's character more, and even trying to explain his shift in mood between DMC4 and DMC2. Levels will be comprised of new places, as well as some old favorites as nods to his past exploits, like portions of Temen-ni-Gru and the castle on Mallet Island. We'll also get to hear more about a shifting leadership among the forces of Hell, as some demons who were sympathetic to Sparda have finally been able to stand up since Mundus was no longer around to silence them. So, Dante's story is comprised of his memories, learning more about himself, Sparda's legacy, and helping a sympathetic demon army rise against Mundus' remaining forces that are attempting to revive him. It ends up sort of like a reversal on the war for the throne we all know that got Lucifer and his followers cast out of heaven.

In the end, both sides culminate in Nero using Yamato's power to break open a seal to Hell, arriving fashionably on time to help Dante in the main assault against Mundus' forces. In the end, we've got Dante and Nero fighting against the newly revived Mundus, putting him down for good, and ending the series on a high note, where we know everything, and people can go out knowing they just experienced one of the craziest DMCs ever, and then go even crazier in Bloody Palace as Dante or Nero, or both in a co-op mode.

Gameplay features...I haven't thought of yet, but ChaserTech had some great ideas on that front :p I do think they should keep something similar to DmC for some of the controls, which...is really just making Dante play a little more like Nero, so that Aerial Rave and such are all on the same button :p
I would like to say, its not hard to think of a great story, you just need to actually sit down and figure out where it stands and work out the kinks and flaws it had to offer. TWOxACROSS has a great point for where the story could possibly go, I like the idea while others are welcomed with open arms to throw in their ideas. Others in the thread have also mentioned great ideas that would be great to add to the story.
I for one have a few, thus if the story must be around Nero finding his origins and Dante learning more about himself, I believe Vergil should make a return, giving his side of the story, thus wrapping up in detail about every character, their origins and backgrounds and their reason for being there. The main antagonist would be Mundus of course. Three bloods of Sparda taking down the big guy one last time, finally putting him out. Sparda would be introduced in this, reason being since Sparda is dead, I'm sure there would be a way to have his return but fighting against Dante, Vergil and Nero (once each character, or a hidden boss) (kinda like in Naruto with the Impure World Reincarnation Jutsu), Nero finally finishing off Sparda while Sparda gives his side of the story.
Vergil will explain his reason for being gone all this time but be changed in a way to fight for the right reason but keeping his cool, calm, collective self.
Feel free to add to the thread for possible ideas. If Capcom is to learn from NT on stories then why not use some fans based stuff to make it alittle easier to see what fans want.
No fighting allowed or stupid reasons to start anything. This will be a clean discussion regarding the thoughts of a possible DMC 5, if you don't have anything nice to say then stay out.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I think it should be dante going through hell and finding out that Mundas has found a way to restore his power so Dante must reach the lowest level of hell to fight him fighting new and unique enemies along the way then you could play as nero seeing how its been awhile since he's seen dante and he gets worried and goes after dante. with both demon hunters gone some one manages to open a hell gate and Trish, Lucia, and Lady have to fight them off and seal the gate. Signature weapons would make a return like Alastor, Agni and Rudra,ect. This is more of a rough outline but given a little thought DMC5's story could be amazing but i think it would have to be the END of the DMC series along the way it could fill in plotholes either in game or via files unlocked while playing

GF9000000Returns

You sure are a persistent old fan, aren't ya?

Anyway if there is one (which I doubt) I'd like for Dante to be more serious than the one in DMC2, then I think....fight a bunch of old demons from all the past games.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Wait me or VergilNeroDante? And why more serious when his charm comes from him being cocky and all around chill unless the moment calls for it.

VergilNeroDante

Wait me or VergilNeroDante? And why more serious when his charm comes from him being cocky and all around chill unless the moment calls for it.

He meant me, I'm a die-hard fan that can't except change (known fact and I don't know why) but agreed make it where people won't be afraid to pick it up.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
In any case, Vergil, Nero and Dante all working together sounds nice, but Mundus wouldn't stand a chance. I mean, if Dante managed to beat Mundus on his own, why do we need Nero and Vergil as well?

VergilNeroDante

In any case, Vergil, Nero and Dante all working together sounds nice, but Mundus wouldn't stand a chance. I mean, if Dante managed to beat Mundus on his own, why do we need Nero and Vergil as well?

Well reason being Mundus would become more powerful in this one and with Nero's weakness being the Yamato, I believe it might be used against him to weakness his ability.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It was to the TC, but you seems to be one too.
thanks for that :|
Well he was trying to resurrect his power and the human world halved that so maybe in the demon he was super strong and Nero and Vergil would be trapped or something so it would be a one on one kind of thing

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Maybe they'd go through all the stages of hell. Nero would go through one, Dante would go through another and Vergil would go through another too. Their paths will converge at some points like in Resident Evil 6, when Leon and Sherry meet each other and fight that boss... what's-his-face. Just do it right this time, not mess it up like in RE6.

Nero's past would be expanded upon, and his origins revealed somehow. He would also get a true Devil Trigger instead of just a blue floating DT (the one in DMC4) that resembles a mix of Nero's DT and Vergil's DT. Maybe that whole Devil Bringer arm would be thrown in the trash can. I mean, Dante can just use something like the Devil Bringer, like in DmC.

Dante for the fast but weak combos, Vergil for the powerful stylish combos and Nero for a mix of both.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Dante should have strong combo's i mean by now he's more powerful than Sparda and maybe Vergil could be a guide to Nero and help him meet up with Dante and see how Vergil would react to Nero having his sword and DT that slightly resembles his own.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Dante should have strong combo's i mean by now he's more powerful than Sparda and maybe Vergil could be a guide to Nero and help him meet up with Dante and see how Vergil would react to Nero having his sword and DT that slightly resembles his own.

Dante's always been the one with the fast combos. In DMC4, Nero's actually more powerful per hit, but with Dante you can Stinger and Million Stab the heck out of enemies. If Dante would be the powerful one, then Vergil's combos would have to be changed completely, as he does incredible damage with Yamato and his other weapons, as you may have noticed playing DMC3.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dante has been more on technique and speed, Nero with brute force, and Vergil with powerful refined strikes expending little energy as possible. Comparing their combat methods is actually interesting to do when you're an insomniac and have 3 days off work...

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Dante's always been the one with the fast combos. In DMC4, Nero's actually more powerful per hit, but with Dante you can Stinger and Million Stab the heck out of enemies. If Dante would be the powerful one, then Vergil's combos would have to be changed completely, as he does incredible damage with Yamato and his other weapons, as you may have noticed playing DMC3.
It would have to be something that was seriously thought over how combo's would work Dante is pretty much OP in the Human world but in the Demon world he could be fighting tougher enemies each getting more powerful the deeper he goes and with Vergil if he was in DMC5 he's spent along time down there probably even stronger than dante. We always believed that Dante was pretty much the most powerful guy out there but if you think about it he was fighting D class demons and any stronger demons powers were halved when going to the human world. Take 3 for example their were 4 separate occasions were dante got his ass kicked Beowulf were he got a lucky shot in and Beowulf retreated, losing to Vergil, technically you could count Cerberus because he was chained to the wall and had a small room that was only a little bigger than him, and when fighting with Arkham. In hell Dante could have alittle more trouble fighting enemies seeing how their power isn't being suppressed. Now with Vergil it would be hard to classify his strength at this point would he be at equal strength with Dante, weaker, stronger?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It would have to be something that was seriously thought over how combo's would work Dante is pretty much OP in the Human world but in the Demon world he could be fighting tougher enemies each getting more powerful the deeper he goes and with Vergil if he was in DMC5 he's spent along time down there probably even stronger than dante. We always believed that Dante was pretty much the most powerful guy out there but if you think about it he was fighting D class demons and any stronger demons powers were halved when going to the human world. Take 3 for example their were 4 separate occasions were dante got his ass kicked Beowulf were he got a lucky shot in and Beowulf retreated, losing to Vergil, technically you could count Cerberus because he was chained to the wall and had a small room that was only a little bigger than him, and when fighting with Arkham. In hell Dante could have alittle more trouble fighting enemies seeing how their power isn't being suppressed. Now with Vergil it would be hard to classify his strength at this point would he be at equal strength with Dante, weaker, stronger?

Weg was mainly talking about the combos: ''Dante should have strong combos''. We can't have two characters (Dante and Vergil) who both have strong attacks that kill enemies quickly.

I've never heard of the demons' power being halved when they come to the human world. Do you have a source for this? Cerberus got beaten because he was already weakened, I suspect. There's nothing more to it. The game doesn't say anything further about it.

I guess for the sake of continuity Vergil would still be as strong as Dante. The idea was always that Dante and Vergil are each other's equals, though Vergil lost because he didn't feel some form of love. It doesn't matter what happens, they'll both be equally strong because the story will probably demand that.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Weg was mainly talking about the combos: ''Dante should have strong combos''. We can't have two characters (Dante and Vergil) who have strong attacks that kill enemies quickly.

I've never heard of the demons' power being halved when they come to the human world. Do you have a source for this? Cerberus got beaten because he was already weakened, I suspect. There's nothing more to it. The game doesn't say anything further about it.

I guess for the sake of continuity Vergil would still be as strong as Dante. The idea was always that Dante and Vergil are each other's equals, though Vergil lost because he didn't feel some form of love. It doesn't matter what happens, they'll both be equally strong because the story will probably demand that.
I remember it being in 1 or something mentioning Sparda. I think that Dante should atleast be stronger than Nero i mean come on also i would like all the girls to make an appearance and a less slutty Lady.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I remember it being in 1 or something mentioning Sparda. I think that Dante should atleast be stronger than Nero i mean come on also i would like all the girls to make an appearance and a less slutty Lady.

Aaah, maybe that Sparda lost a great deal of his power because his demonic power was locked away when he sealed off the demon world? So I guess demons would get weaker if their power got sealed away due to the demon world being closed off. Not if the portal to the demon world is open, though.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Vergil would reclaim back what is rightfully his, Yamato. If by force, so be it.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Vergil would reclaim back what is rightfully his, Yamato. If by force, so be it.
Nero would be a little upset about that :D
Aaah, maybe that Sparda lost a great deal of his power because his demonic power was locked away when he sealed off the demon world? So I guess demons would get weaker if their power got sealed away due to the demon world being closed off. Not if the portal to the demon world is open, though.
In a way it would make at lot of since and also portals being open don't happen often and im sure only weaker demons can sneak through never giving Dante or nero a taste of what powerful demons can dish out

Top Bottom