• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
it did???

Nah. It's that classic comedic effect, you know, putting a big explosion behind characters striking a cheesy action pose. You can see it in the secret ending for DMC4.

It's just fot the sake of funny and over the top visuals and has no actual "canonic" effect on the environment. It's kinda like they've always done in Power Rangers, except the intent is not to be funny, but rather to add more spectacle to the scene.

tumblr_mqi9zycFeE1rcqnnxo2_500.gif

Pretty sure that wasn't really the office blowing up so much as it was done for campy flair. :p

Exactly, this.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
So is Nico going to be completely replacing the God of Time statues, since you pay her for Devil Breaker upgrades, or are there two shopkeepers now? And do you pay her in red orbs (which feels unlikely, why would she want those?) or is straight-up dollars now a collectible currency?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Weird that they'd take a character from the anime, never mentioned in the games, and change his ethnicity. At that point. Might as well have made him his own character, because now there's sort of a disconnect between the games and anime @_@ Unless there's some wild excuse for him suddenly looking nothing like he used to.

Goldsickle

If Vergil is playable, will he behave more like his Special Edition incarnation, where he warps towards enemies with his Summoned Swords embedded?

I don't think elemental attributes will return.
Red Queen's increased attack power is represented by its blade being ignited.
Won't that make it "weak" against fire-elemental creatures like Berial?
Elements will probably be cosmetic and not actually have attributes.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If Vergil is playable, will he behave more like his Special Edition incarnation, where he warps towards enemies with his Summoned Swords embedded?

I hope not. That stuff feels clunky and unnecessary, I don't know why they felt the need to change the DMC3SE version of his Trick teleports, they worked much more fluently there, with no need to embed anything into anyone, like Dante's Trickster teleport.

And for the love of God, give him his Trick Down and Rising Sun outside of DT. I still can't believe they gave that awesome launcher to Trish instead.

Goldsickle

I don't know why they felt the need to change the DMC3SE version of his Trick teleports, they worked much more fluently there, with no need to embed anything into anyone, like Dante's Trickster teleport.
Probably to mesh it with Nero's Grim Grip mechanics.
If Vergil's gameplay does not require Grim Grips to progress, then they don't need the embedding method.

And for the love of God, give him his Trick Down and Rising Sun outside of DT.
The Trick Down thing bugged me.
Maybe the developers thought it's too easy to evade enemy attacks when you're in mid-air.

Top Bottom