• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't understand why some people are so convinced V is Vergil. I mean I get it, he is called V and has a blue coat but all the rest of his looks doesn't say Vergil at all... His arms are covered in tats, his hair is dark and look at that sleeveless coat and those boots, they're just not Vergil's style.

Besides, we've already seen Vergil in the trailer and what he looks like, more or less. His attire seems to be the same, just darker in color. I really don't buy that V is Vergil. May be related to him in some way, but he's not him.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the hint for V is in Nero's theme, in the lyrics and video clip, the female singer is hottt..

if the lyrics is a hint, i'd say V is nero's devil trigger in 4 separating itself, meaning nero might be more of human and less demon in 5.. explains the same hair with 4 nero, and the V name, since it was also part of vergil and yamato, but doesn't explain the tattoos

or still of the lyrics, V is nero's dead twin when in womb, lived in nero's body the whole time until triggered by something, devil arm perhaps. explains the "i have no name" and shots of baby doll, skull, a photo of an adult and a broken faced doll face relating it to vergil hence the name V

other guess is it's nero's twin raised by vergil, in a very hard manner, unnamed by vergil, or left alone in the wild, fighting demons by himself and ended up able to control them, the tatts represents his demons..

yeah v could very well represents vengence/vendetta

the female singer is hot.. gonna look more into her

Eccsi

Hello, I’m new but I hope to be a useful member of this forum. Anyway, I was looking at the Devil Trigger music video and I noticed that the singer has an inverted cross in her chin. Some kind of clue to a religion? Like the one in fortuna? I don’t know, I found it curious.

Methix

the hoodes guy in the trailer who takes neros arm is vergil.. 100% u can tell from the gloves those are vergils gloves. u can also tell he is wearing vergils uniform from the blue arm in the picture. and from the face as well it is clearly vergil.

Also there is this as well. a closeup version of the gloves which are an exact match to vergils.
Weather or not the mysterious v is vergil or not doesnt matter, the hooden figure who takes neros arm in the trailer is vergil so .. one way or anothert he is in the game i do hope we get to play as thim though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like the idea of V being Vergil just because its simple and tidy and I'm with @Ash about new characters (halfway).

If i had to choose I rather V be Dante's kid rather than Vergil's or him not being directedly related to the Sparda family.

I rather he be Brad and Julia's kid or a legit nephilihim (half-angel/human).

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Methix Honestly, it'd be more of a surprise if Vergil wasn't the the man who took Nero's arm. It's so obvious, even without the evidence, that it's almost blaten. It's Vergil, you know it, I know it, we all know it. Any speculation otherwise is purely for recreational purposes. As for this V character I'll wait to see what he looks like before I theorize what he is. He's too slim to be Vergil as it is so I'm guessing there'll be more to him than just coincidental initials.

SwordofSparda

@Methix Honestly, it'd be more of a surprise if Vergil wasn't the the man who took Nero's arm. It's so obvious, even without the evidence, that it's almost blaten. It's Vergil, you know it, I know it, we all know it. Any speculation otherwise is purely for recreational purposes. As for this V character I'll wait to see what he looks like before I theorize what he is. He's too slim to be Vergil as it is so I'm guessing there'll be more to him than just coincidental initials.

It also looks like this charakter on the poster have lots of Tattoos....no Vergil. Maybe its a real reincarnation from him.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I was planning on making a theory/speculation thread about the 3rd guys potential identity but Im not up to mood. I might as well through in my hopes and ideas.

I'm hoping he is a new character and not Vergil or not directly Vergil. I dont think he is Lady's and Dante kid (like some people are assuming) for that wouldnt make any sense. Dante would've had knocked up Lady prior to the events of DMC4 and that is something would've been alluded to DMC4 or the anime......and it wasnt....not even an hint. He could be Dante's kid (from some unknown woman) but why isn't his hair white like Nero?

The other possibility that he is another son of Vergil. The only way that could be possible is if he is a twin of Nero and sources allude to this guy being a young devil hunter and his back profile being smaller and thinner than Nero hints at him being younger than Nero. However, the same source says this guy has the blood of Sparda too so he has some connection to Dante, Nero, and Vergil.

My theory is that he is Vergil's corpse but reanimated and has his own will and thus some sort of pseudo reincarnation of him. When Mundus killed Vergil he enslaved and corrupted his soul but left his body behind and someone or something found it and reanimated it but with some alterations to his physical appearance or maybe his hair just turned black due to having Vergil's soul ripped out. The new Vergil with no memories of who is he (because Vergil's soul is gone) and this guy is merely a vessel (which could explain where the demon bodyguards come from as he is a vessel of a multitude demon hosts which come to form their own consciousness) but he has burning desire to get vengeance on Mundus and reunite with his lost soul (which might put him at odds with Nero who wants to kill Vergil maybe).

That is just my Vergil theory. It might be wrong. I hope it is. I'd rather a new character who isnt too closely related to Dante and Vergil/Nero. I mean while he is called the Mysterious V. It doesnt have to refer to Vergil as the letter/roman numeral V is a big motif for this game and I hear a big theme of this is Vengeance so V could mean Vengeance, Vendetta, Vicious, Venom..........virgin.

Ive heard people say its the Demi-Fiend from Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.

191312-nocturne1.jpg

I highly doubt it but if it ends up being him that would be most shocking crossover in a Capcom game.

I guess its the black hair and the tattoos but at the very least I can say the 3rd playable character could be based off the DemiFiend with this demon bodyguard gimmick/gameplay. As for his gameplay, like how Dante cycles through Devil Arms and Firearms and Nero can now switch through Robot Arms maybe he can cycle through/swap demons he can summon and the demon bodyguards I can see function like Nero's DT or a Stand from JoJo......or a Persona/demon ala a SMT game but rather being stuck to his DT maybe its more like a weapon you can use during gameplay (like how in DMC4 Nero's DT Ghost had attack animations that mirrored Nero's but instead these demon bodyguards can act separately from him).

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You know, one of most amazing feelings for me the first time I played DMC4 was getting to fight Dante (the second time I mean, the tutorial doesn't count). Think about it, the series' main protagonist and the most badassly powerful being at that point is now your enemy. It was intimidating and daunting. The battle was supposed to be near impossible to win and his AI, despite being weak to a couple of loops that players eventually discovered in time was meant to reflect that. And let's be honest, the first times, everyone got their asses destroyed by the red coated demon hunter.

I want something like that in this. And something tells me it's gonna be Nero vs Vergil this time. "I've got a score to settle with that son of a bitch", he says. He could be a secret boss or something. I'd love for Capcom to do that.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You know, one of most amazing feelings for me the first time I played DMC4 was getting to fight Dante (the second time I mean, the tutorial doesn't count). Think about it, the series' main protagonist and the most badassly powerful being at that point is now your enemy. It was intimidating and daunting. The battle was supposed to be near impossible to win and his AI, despite being weak to a couple of loops that players eventually discovered in time was meant to reflect that. And let's be honest, the first times, everyone got their asses destroyed by the red coated demon hunter.

I want something like that in this. And something tells me it's gonna be Nero vs Vergil this time. "I've got a score to settle with that son of a bitch", he says. He could be a secret boss or something. I'd love for Capcom to do that.

Lol, I definitely lost more than once to him--until I learned what moves would set off what attack patterns. :tongue: I'd like something like that against Vergil, too. Because honestly, fighting Vergil in DMC3 wound up being more frustrating challenging than fighting Dante in 4--and I'm taking both into account at highest difficulty. So beating Vergil would be incredibly satisfying. ^^

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
V strikes me as the silent type, less talking and cold, but still harsh.. a cooler version of vergil for my taste.. if true, i think i'll love this character, and if not, the looks in the poster is already likable

DarkSlayerVergil

I hope Vergil V Nero isn't a secret boss fight at all so we can get an actual interaction between the 2.

Top Bottom