• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Producer Wants Dante to be Middle-Aged Hero on an Indiana Jones Adventure

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe it should be more of a DaVinci Code/National Treasure type of story -- similar, yet still different enough to stand on its own.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I don't know, someone steal some obscure artifact from Vatican's museum, er, I mean , Fortuna's museum.
Now being serious, Vatican's museum have some of the most precious, oldest and extravagant art( and items) related to occultism, magic, old religions, etc...
They just need imagination, that's all.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
You have to ask the guy who made the suggestion, not me.I just present you with arguments how DMC could happen in a real world.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Foxtrot94
Funny thing is Dante was described as a treasure hunter in the concept art for Biohazard 4.

But an indiana jones adventure is just him going after some mystical object across the world so the question becomes who or what is worth chasing for Dante?

Viper

Premium
@Foxtrot94
Funny thing is Dante was described as a treasure hunter in the concept art for Biohazard 4.

But an indiana jones adventure is just him going after some mystical object across the world so the question becomes who or what is worth chasing for Dante?
Artifacts that can open gates to hell or do similar mumbo jumbo? DMC2 had those arcanas or whatever they were called, and if there are more gates over the world, there has to be more items that open them.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Foxtrot94

You're acting like Dante doesn't go looking for mystical artifacts.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Artifacts that can open gates to hell or do similar mumbo jumbo? DMC2 had those arcanas or whatever they were called, and if there are more gates over the world, there has to be more items that open them.
Its somethings he's done already so its not that farfetched but my bigger concern is them being able to make Dante a character worth following again because post DMC1 he's been rather irrelevant.
You're acting like Dante doesn't go looking for mystical artifacts.
I know but i was being rhetorical and breaking it down so people wont see how farfetched it is.

Viper

Premium
Its somethings he's done already so its not that farfetched but my bigger concern is them being able to make Dante a character worth following again because post DMC1 he's been rather irrelevant.

I know but i was being rhetorical and breaking it down so people wont see how farfetched it is.
Well, if it's post DMC2, they can make it him looking for artifacts on demon side, so he can get back to human world. In that kind of atmosphere he can once again become someone worth following, probably would be again more serious, though not 2's version of serious, that one was too much for Dante (as hot as he was).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, if it's post DMC2, they can make it him looking for artifacts on demon side, so he can get back to human world. In that kind of atmosphere he can once again become someone worth following, probably would be again more serious, though not 2's version of serious, that one was too much for Dante (as hot as he was).
To me its more a question of whether or not the writers can pull it off rather than Dante being too serious or too funny.

A friend once said "Ideas are 50/50" so its not like the anime or 4 or 2 had bad ideas its just they didnt think them through or committed to them enough.

Top Bottom