• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Producer Wants Dante to be Middle-Aged Hero on an Indiana Jones Adventure

Veloran

I don't know. I kind of like it, for that version of Dante anyway. It might allow him to close the distance towards the original character (Sort of full-circle back to DMC1), while also being an unique take on things.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It'll be funny since since DMC3-DMC4-DmC was trying to make him youth friendly so it would a nice change of pace but isnt that what we got DMC2 since he could have been in his forties?

Plus with the inclusion of Nero in the old franchise there isn't a reason why we couldn't follow Dante in the later stages of his life. Then again would Dante suffer from old age? for all we know they could keep him eternally youthful.

just sayin

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Wow...that's all I gotta say. nDante in his 40's and 50's seems...way too far off. Like at least his early 30s would've been better. 40 and 50 is WAAAY too far and puts too much space in between the first DmC and a sequel.
Like seriously Capcom? You ****ed up your Devil May Cry with too far time skips, please don't drag DmC into your mud.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
40-50 year-old New Dante? No way...we just got introduced to the dude. We just witnessed his growth at the end of DmC. It's time to see him get the same progression that the Old Dante got from game to game, except with some level of consistency to show how he's maturing as a Devil Hunter. I mean, I thought the whole point of DmC was to show a younger and less experienced Dante...wouldn't a sequel show him in his mid-20's, with just a little more maturity?

Now, a 40-50's Old Dante? I'd be more than down with that. Maybe we'd finally get to see the character mature a bit. I doubt it, since the fanbase apparently reaches new levels of ecstasy while watching him act like a hyperactive man-child, but seeing him get some much-needed age and wisdom is exactly what the Old Dante needs. They kind of took baby steps towards that in DMC4, with Dante showing signs of a mentor-like character for Nero with his own share of veteran wisdom...but that was quickly undermined with the writer's attempt to make him "eccentric and fun-loving." :vomit:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
People rag on the latest version of Dante for being juvenile, but the only version of Dante they like is the one that's about as juvenile as a 12 year old high on pixie stix.
...or this one, who's essentially a popped-collar fraternity doucheclown with a K-Pop Singer's taste in hairstyle, and an edge-lord's taste in clothing.

Oh no, he's far less juvenile. :shifty:

Veloran

40-50 year-old New Dante? No way...we just got introduced to the dude. We just witnessed his growth at the end of DmC. It's time to see him get the same progression that the Old Dante got from game to game, except with some level of consistency to show how he's maturing as a Devil Hunter. I mean, I thought the whole point of DmC was to show a younger and less experienced Dante...wouldn't a sequel show him in his mid-20's, with just a little more maturity?

Now, a 40-50's Old Dante? I'd be more than down with that. Maybe we'd finally get to see the character mature a bit. I doubt it, since the fanbase apparently reaches new levels of ecstasy while watching him act like a hyperactive man-child, but seeing him get some much-needed age and wisdom is exactly what the Old Dante needs. They kind of took baby steps towards that in DMC4, with Dante showing signs of a mentor-like character for Nero with his own share of veteran wisdom...but that was quickly undermined with the writer's attempt to make him "eccentric and fun-loving." :vomit:
Isn't Dante in DmC actually supposed to already be in his mid-twenties?
Also, I don't entirely see what you mean about the Lucifer cutscene.

People rag on the latest version of Dante for being juvenile, but the only version of Dante they like is the one that's about as juvenile as a 12 year old high on pixie stix.
In what way?

...or this one, who's essentially a popped-collar fraternity doucheclown with a K-Pop Singer's taste in hairstyle, and an edge-lord's taste in clothing.

Huh? I don't understand. It's just semi-long combed down white hair, a fairly nondescript pair of pants and boots, and the red jacket with attached holster.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
wow, they never effin learn with the timeline.. i dont mind the whole indiana jones adventure kind of thing, and older should ofc be wiser n calmer.. but this jumping timeline

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
1 Producer wants him to crossover with Bayonetta, another wants him to be a middle aged version of Indiana Jones, can we expect a 3rd Producer "wanting" Dante to be a cyborg in space fighting zombie dinosaurs in the next few days?

Another thing to take from this is a lot of people at Capcom are still "wanting" Devil May Cry, could be good news or bad news.

Viper

Premium
1 Producer wants him to crossover with Bayonetta, another wants him to be a middle aged version of Indiana Jones, can we expect a 3rd Producer "wanting" Dante to be a cyborg in space fighting zombie dinosaurs in the next few days?

Another thing to take from this is a lot of people at Capcom are still "wanting" Devil May Cry, could be good news or bad news.
It's all the same producer, just different parts of the interview they are analyzing.
I wouldn't mind Dante in space, but I'd scream bloody murder if they made him a cyborg, cause it would be totally not Dante.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

No DMC3 Dante was the anime style of cool, which is just all about taste. Personally I warmed up to DMC3 Dante about as much as I warmed up to anime cliches of what's cool...not by much but, meh, he does cool flips and **** so I don't mind it anymore.

I tried real hard to watch that scene again without cringing. It's not...horrible like I remembered, but I just don't like it as much. Plus he sounds like he has asthma throughout the entire game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sometimes I think they should just burry franchise and try to make some new IP in same vibe.

Top Bottom