• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 Style Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxotic

Re: Style Help

lol, yeah I have the whole thing put in my folder. It was a three way tie between Pokey86, Dante_Link, and Tatsumarublack. It was awesome watching it though, lol.

Noxotic

sure lol, I know you are like a master at it, so go ahead and create another quicksilver one and the doppelganger one.

Noxotic

Trickster-Shadow Ninja X7
Sword Master-Virgil
Gunslinger-None
Royal Guard-Dante
Quicksilver-Shadow Ninja X7+Pokey86
Doppel Ganger-Pokey86
Dark Slayer- Shadow Ninja X7

Noxotic

Its the only style I dislike, lol. Gun Stinger is strong and Ebony & Ivory moves with it are kind of weak, but stylish, lol.It just doesn't catch my attention. I just don't like gunslinger.

Pokey86

I use GS quite frequently, but i don't have the creative logic to make a decent FAQ of it, someone like Xarugas would be good to make one, but i doubt he would make a FAQ

ShadowNinja X7

Dark Slayer-

Dark Slayer is Vergil's one and only style, and it allows him to pretty much teleport wherever you want whenever you want. It is comprised of 3 moves, Air Trick, Trick Up and Trick Down.

Level 1: Air Trick
Level 2: Trick Up
Level 3: Trick Down

Air Trick-A good move similar to Dante's Air Trick, except that it teleports Vergil next to the enemy on the ground, and not in the air.Initiated by pressing O it's useful move for getting to the enemy quickly, although if you're to far away it may take multiple Tricks to get to your selected enemy. Air Trick is also good for cancelling moves to make combos go more fluidly. Air Trick also has a good amount of Invincible Frames depending on how far you go. anywhere from an 1/8 of a second to 1/4 of a second. You can see this by Air Tricking through a Hell Lusts dash attack. You'll teleport to where the Lust was, right through it. Overall a very usful move.

Trick Up-Obtained when you get Darkslayer to lvl.2, it Teleports Vergil up and slightly forwards with R1+Forward+O. Its a little higher than a normal jump, and is the closest thing Vergil has to a double jump, making it essential to many Special Missions. Trick Up also has many invincibility frames, allowing to to make attacks wiff easily. Its a fast move, and very usfull for dodging attacks.

Trick Down-You get this when Darkslayer reachs lvl.3.To use it hold R1+Back+O. If your in the air Trick Down teleports you down to the ground and slightly backwards. If your on the ground, you'll do a teleport back wards. This is a flashy way to dodge simple attacks like Prides Sythe Swing, although it has less invincibility frames than Vergil's other moves. This move really shines when dodging air attacks, or for rapidly getting to enemys on the ground, as its almost instantanious.

Overview-

Darkslayer is a very good style, used for dodging, cancelling and getting to enemys fast and furiously, which fits Vergil perfectly. All its moves have invincibility frames, and provide a getaway for all situations if nessacery. Get used to using these moves a lot, as they add a lot of style and usfulness to Vergils style of play.

Noxotic

hopefully we can get all of them done soon, that way devilmaycry might put them up on his site.

Noxotic

I've been playing the game for over a year now, and have not reached gunslinger lvl 3 yet. I'm at lvl 2. I tried lvl 3 at a friends house but he moved. I'll PM Virgil to get confirmation that hes doing Sword Master. If not, I will, but thats only if hes not. I'm still trying to find someone to do gunslinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom