• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 1 coming to the Switch (And now 2, as well (and 3, if you hadn’t guessed))

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's technology they used, their technology. It is still the Capcom staff and, most likely, the people who made 3 in the first place. 5 might've been made from the ground up but they still used what they learned from making 3 to develop it. They already reanimated the same moves, so if they had to it would be easy to again. This isn't like asking someone to fix an old 1950's television when all they've ever worked on was HD sets. It's more like asking a man who's designed skyscrapers to fix or improve a house he made 10 years ago, which in truth is not that long ago.

That is true but this would most likely be the biggest change or addition they've done for a re-release. I can understand that if this was being promoted as some remaster. But nothing on DMC3 for the Switch hasn't been confirmed yet so anything can go right. Although that would be the biggest slap in the face of DMC fans for releasing the absolute best version of fanbase's favorite game on a platform that the series had zero history with until recently. I don't have a Switch yet (because I personally think its ass and is only saved by its great games and portable gimmick and Nintendo are arguably the worst console manufacturer since they never discount their items like EVER and is usually overpriced and of lower quality) since I am waiting on that Switch Pro I won't be getting this anytime soon. I remember some ....individuals...making a big fuss about Capcom releasing a time exclusive DMC5 demo for Xbox One before PS4. Don't see how this is any worst (it seems far worse) unless they plan to bring this version to other platforms.

It is the most logical choice. What other additions do you think would be most requested? Aside from a graphical upgrade there aren't many things that the fans have craved for.

You have a point there. But Capcom can be pretty tone deaf sometimes (usually most of the times). So what they think the fanbase want may not always align with what the fanbase actually want. DMC5 despite its massive critical success and massive fan approval still launched with no playable Vergil (despite knowing he is the most popular character and basically writing the entire story around him), lack of costumes, and worthwhile unlockables/bonus content and they just left the game there with zero words on more content being added. They claim DMC5 is complete game (it is in a technical sense and way more so than DMC4) and won't be adding more content despite the fans wanting more. And you have Itsuno outright say V is playable Vergil. If that isn't tone deaf I don't know what is.

That "little something extra" Matt is talking about could be anything at this point.

That is true. They could just be spicing things up. While it is the obvious choice one shouldn't just leap into conclusions.

That's from the official page. That pick of the gunslinger hud being different is official.

Teasing. Why not? Intentional or not it draws attention.

I was talking about the pic of the actual HUD on the website looking cheap. The only difference between that HUD and the old HUD is the name of the style on top of Health Bar. DMC4/5 had HUDs that indicate where each style was indicative of the D-pad. One can say the style name on the HUD is just there so casuals/newcomers can know which style they have on at all (if it being color coded wasn't clue enough) and it seems Capcom thinks modern day gamers are dumber now than in the PS2 era so I wouldn't hold it against them to implement that feature.

However, they could always change the HUD in the final release to coincide with style switching and maybe that HUD in the picture could be purely placeholder or even fake on Capcom's part. I refuse to believe someone made that and thought it looked good or professional to put in a game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Although that would be the biggest slap in the face of DMC fans for releasing the absolute best version of fanbase's favorite game on a platform that the series had zero history with until recently.
unless they plan to bring this version to other platforms.
When DMC1 released on the PS4 there were a lot things I noticed that were part of the original game. The most noticeable one is Griffon's ribcage. I didn't open when you downed him. Well, when I played the Switch version I noticed that it did. There were a lot of upgrades/fixes on the Switch version that weren't on the PS3/4 versions. Well, not long after I played it on the PS4 again, doing a Platinum run, and sure enough, they patched the same issues on the PS4 version. It's very possible that whatever they do to the Switch they'll do to the other versions. Maybe they'll wait a few weeks so that they can make it a selling point so people will buy the Switch version, too. Few months even.

(because I personally think its ass and is only saved by its great games and portable gimmick and Nintendo are arguably the worst console manufacturer since they never discount their items like EVER and is usually overpriced and of lower quality)
Yikes. Tell us how you really feel.

So what they think the fanbase want may not always align with what the fanbase actually want. DMC5 despite its massive critical success and massive fan approval still launched with no playable Vergil
Sure, they've been out of touch with what their fan bases want out of them in previous years but as of late they've been very fan focused. DMC5 is a walking DMC reference. That game has so much fanservice it is the first time I can actually think that they've gone and overdone it. As for Vergil, they're going to hold on to that for the special edition. We all know that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yikes. Tell us how you really feel.

Sure, they've been out of touch with what their fan bases want out of them in previous years but as of late they've been very fan focused. DMC5 is a walking DMC reference. That game has so much fanservice it is the first time I can actually think that they've gone and overdone it. As for Vergil, they're going to hold on to that for the special edition. We all know that.

Nintendo sucks.

Well its not fanservicey enough until I get my Agni and Rudra. Where are the classic costumes!?

Yeah but most fans (or all fans) don't want to spend money on another game. You think after SFV and MHW they would've gotten rid of that bad habit of theirs.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
That is true but this would most likely be the biggest change or addition they've done for a re-release. I can understand that if this was being promoted as some remaster. But nothing on DMC3 for the Switch hasn't been confirmed yet so anything can go right. Although that would be the biggest slap in the face of DMC fans for releasing the absolute best version of fanbase's favorite game on a platform that the series had zero history with until recently. I don't have a Switch yet (because I personally think its ass and is only saved by its great games and portable gimmick and Nintendo are arguably the worst console manufacturer since they never discount their items like EVER and is usually overpriced and of lower quality) since I am waiting on that Switch Pro I won't be getting this anytime soon. I remember some ....individuals...making a big fuss about Capcom releasing a time exclusive DMC5 demo for Xbox One before PS4. Don't see how this is any worst (it seems far worse) unless they plan to bring this version to other platforms.

You have a point there. But Capcom can be pretty tone deaf sometimes (usually most of the times). So what they think the fanbase want may not always align with what the fanbase actually want. DMC5 despite its massive critical success and massive fan approval still launched with no playable Vergil (despite knowing he is the most popular character and basically writing the entire story around him), lack of costumes, and worthwhile unlockables/bonus content and they just left the game there with zero words on more content being added. They claim DMC5 is complete game (it is in a technical sense and way more so than DMC4) and won't be adding more content despite the fans wanting more. And you have Itsuno outright say V is playable Vergil. If that isn't tone deaf I don't know what is.

That "little something extra" Matt is talking about could be anything at this point.

I was talking about the pic of the actual HUD on the website looking cheap. The only difference between that HUD and the old HUD is the name of the style on top of Health Bar. DMC4/5 had HUDs that indicate where each style was indicative of the D-pad. One can say the style name on the HUD is just there so casuals/newcomers can know which style they have on at all (if it being color coded wasn't clue enough) and it seems Capcom thinks modern day gamers are dumber now than in the PS2 era so I wouldn't hold it against them to implement that feature.

However, they could always change the HUD in the final release to coincide with style switching and maybe that HUD in the picture could be purely placeholder or even fake on Capcom's part. I refuse to believe someone made that and thought it looked good or professional to put in a game.
So much hate for nothing... Can't simply appreciate dmc 5? People just want more and more, they are never glad for what they get

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So much hate for nothing... Can't simply appreciate dmc 5? People just want more and more, they are never glad for what they get
Hey I'm just posting what I commonly hear on Reddit and Youtube comments. I'm (mostly) satisfied with what I got and can wait for more.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You write that as if it was you opinion not reddit or youtube
Its meant to be sensationalist sounding. I do somewhat agree with this sentiment. They released a game knowing full well their audience will want more (or at least something other than just Bloody Palace) and just left us in the dark as they continue to make more stuff for Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil. This game has so much more potential for more content and it seems they even set it up to be that way with Vergil and Ladies Night (Trish and Lady) and expanding the multiplayer components. But I guess we will have to wait for the the true "definitive version" of the game.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more or knowing you will get more content down the line. There isn't much mileage you can get out of a single player game with 6 difficulty modes and Bloody Palace. As a consumer it is your right to make such requests/demands. Its also not very productive to basically just tell people to "shut up and appreciate what you have and stop asking for more."

Vergil95

Its meant to be sensationalist sounding. I do somewhat agree with this sentiment. They released a game knowing full well their audience will want more (or at least something other than just Bloody Palace) and just left us in the dark as they continue to make more stuff for Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil. This game has so much more potential for more content and it seems they even set it up to be that way with Vergil and Ladies Night (Trish and Lady) and expanding the multiplayer components. But I guess we will have to wait for the the true "definitive version" of the game.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more or knowing you will get more content down the line. There isn't much mileage you can get out of a single player game with 6 difficulty modes and Bloody Palace. As a consumer it is your right to make such requests/demands. Its also not very productive to basically just tell people to "shut up and appreciate what you have and stop asking for more."
DMC 5 is pretty complete, also resident evil 2 didn't get anything but some free mode similar to dmc 5 bloody palace... Monster hunter and street fighter are totally different game one is an open world and contents can be easy added, street fighter is a fighting game and it's mostly online so it as to updated frequently...
DMC 5 it's a single player game focusing on the single player campaign, and the game is complete, just like dmc 3 and dmc 4 were at launch, the special edition only add extra content that dosent make the game more completed its just an adding feature, but the story it's the same, vergil and Trish/lady campaign only add 4 cutscene that dosent change the whole game at all... Just like metal gear solid 2 substance and metal gear solid 3 subsistence, sons of liberty and snake eater were already complete game this special edition only added extra content that were not essential for the game to be complete...

The whole vergil dlc and Trish and Lady dlc for dmc 5 are just fake rumor made by fan, Capcom always say that the game was only that and that were no dlc released after, just bloody palace

The game is complete, just because people want more dosent mean it's not completed, there is no definitive version of the game, this is the definitive version of the game, if they ever going to add something it would just be extra content

Also i didn't say "shut up and appreciate what you have and stop asking for more"
I say "Can't simply appreciate dmc 5? People just want more and more, they are never glad for what they get"
Totally different from what you writed

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC 5 is pretty complete, also resident evil 2 didn't get anything but some free mode similar to dmc 5 bloody palace... Monster hunter and street fighter are totally different game one is an open world and contents can be easy added, street fighter is a fighting game and it's mostly online so it as to updated frequently...
DMC 5 it's a single player game focusing on the single player campaign, and the game is complete, just like dmc 3 and dmc 4 were at launch, the special edition only add extra content that dosent make the game more completed its just an adding feature, but the story it's the same, vergil and Trish/lady campaign only add 4 cutscene that dosent change the whole game at all... Just like metal gear solid 2 substance and metal gear solid 3 subsistence, sons of liberty and snake eater were already complete game this special edition only added extra content that were not essential for the game to be complete...

The whole vergil dlc and Trish and Lady dlc for dmc 5 are just fake rumor made by fan, Capcom always say that the game was only that and that were no dlc released after, just bloody palace

The game is complete, just because people want more dosent mean it's not completed, there is no definitive version of the game, this is the definitive version of the game, if they ever going to add something it would just be extra content

Also i didn't say "shut up and appreciate what you have and stop asking for more"
I say "Can't simply appreciate dmc 5? People just want more and more, they are never glad for what they get"
Totally different from what you writed

Yes but would you really want to spend say $40 to $60 on a re-release of a game that adds some bonus content to a game you already bought?

But I guess if Pokemon is no longer doing that so should DMC right?

Also I guess it seems the whole added Style Switching might be legit.

https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

EDIT

Yup that confirms it.

I wonder what the 2 extra features can be.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Then you have this

Noticed how it says No of players 1 to 2. This could be referring to the fact there is secret 2P option when you use Doppelganger and in Mission 19 but previous releases of DMC3 never had 1 to 2 players it just says 1 players as far as I know. So unless Nintendo is forcing them to mention it this time, Capcom is trying to prop up this game more than they should, oooorrrrr.............

Vergil95

Yes but would you really want to spend say $40 to $60 on a re-release of a game that adds some bonus content to a game you already bought?

But I guess if Pokemon is no longer doing that so should DMC right?

Also I guess it seems the whole added Style Switching might be legit.

https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

EDIT

Yup that confirms it.

I wonder what the 2 extra features can be.
Devil may cry 4 special edition was 25 euro in my country at launch, it wasn't 40 or 60 like you are saying... So yeah 25 euro were worth the price for that extra content just to replay dmc 4 whit new character, but never the less Tha game was the same it didn't complete the Game, as well as the dmc 3 special edition

Yeah free style switching as Been officially confirmed

berto

I Saw the Devil
DMC4SE eas $20 in the US but it was a digital only game. I paid $30 for my physical copy on sale.

Vergil95

DMC4SE eas $20 in the US but it was a digital only game. I paid $30 for my physical copy on sale.
Yeah, all the remastered or special edition i buy were never higher than 30 euro... Dmc 3 special editio, new and sealed cost me 9 euro after some month

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

DMC4SE on release was $25 digital. It's probably like $12 now. I want to know where you got your copy I can't find one for DMC4SE for below $50. Physical that is. Exports from Asia (which is where you can only buy physical copies from) can run up to $100 due to export fees.

Yeah, all the remastered or special edition i buy were never higher than 30 euro... Dmc 3 special editio, new and sealed cost me 9 euro after some month

DmCDE released at $40 and DMC4SE physical edition in Asia territories launched at $40 or was it $60. I don't know the initial launch price but you can still find it online copies from Asia at $50 to $60 to almost $100 (but that was due to export fees).

It's also annoying you still have to buy the game all over again regardless and have to redo your entire progress. Whereas updates like SFVAE and MHWI just update your current game. There is a reason why this business practice is outdated that SF and Pokemon series notorious for it are straying away from it.

Vergil95

DMC4SE on release was $25 digital. It's probably like $12 now. I want to know where you got your copy I can't find one for DMC4SE for below $50. Physical that is. Exports from Asia (which is where you can only buy physical copies from) can run up to $100 due to export fees.

DmCDE released at $40 and DMC4SE physical edition in Asia territories launched at $40 or was it $60. I don't know the initial launch price but you can still find it online copies from Asia at $50 to $60 to almost $100 (but that was due to export fees).

It's also annoying you still have to buy the game all over again regardless and have to redo your entire progress. Whereas updates like SFVAE and MHWI just update your current game. There is a reason why this business practice is outdated that SF and Pokemon series notorious for it are straying away from it.
You have to rebuy the copy because dmc 4 didn't exist on ps4 and for dmc 3 it didn't exist internet update for ps2, but right now if there is a new edition with extra content for the game, you can simply buy what you need instead of buying the whole game again... If you already have the game you just need to buy the expansion at it usually came at less than 30 euro for every game... For example I buyed all the dlc for re 7 at 25 euro, I expanded my Re 2 remake at the deluxe edition for 7 euro and my battlefront 2 to the celebration edition at the price of 25, and I must say that each of this was worth the price I spend at least for me...

I remember that it wasn't this expensive at launch it was less than 40 euro

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
You have to rebuy the copy because dmc 4 didn't exist on ps4 and for dmc 3 it didn't exist internet update for ps2, but right now if there is a new edition with extra content for the game, you can simply buy what you need instead of buying the whole game again... If you already have the game you just need to buy the expansion at it usually came at less than 30 euro for every game... For example I buyed all the dlc for re 7 at 25 euro, I expanded my Re 2 remake at the deluxe edition for 7 euro and my battlefront 2 to the celebration edition at the price of 25, and I must say that each of this was worth the price I spend at least for me...

I remember that it wasn't this expensive at launch it was less than 40 euro
We can't actually see your cart, dude. Anyway, I hope you didn't buy the $99 one. I got the asia version from the same site and didn't need to pay that much. Like I said, $25 on Black Friday sale.

Vergil95

We can't actually see your cart, dude. Anyway, I hope you didn't buy the $99 one. I got the asia version from the same site and didn't need to pay that much. Like I said, $25 on Black Friday sale.
Strange i didn't add it to cart, I think I did post the page of the game not the cart my bad

I did want to send this

I buyed the game at launch at 25 euro on digital, I was going to buy the phisical copie but since it was in Japanese I didn't buy it and instead download it on my Ps store...

I would like to buy it for collection but on play Asia is obviously too much

Edit: on eBay you can find many at 30 or 40 euro

Last edited:
Top Bottom