• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 1 coming to the Switch (And now 2, as well (and 3, if you hadn’t guessed))

berto

I Saw the Devil
Official site is up:
ENG: http://www.devilmaycry.com/1/us/
JPN: http://www.capcom.co.jp/devilmaycry/1/
main_img01.jpg

Maybe I should move this to the DMC1 section.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Pardon the double post but this seemed important. I'll merge later.

There will be no physical release of this game, not even for the Japanese release. As of this moment there are no plans for one on any region.

berto

I Saw the Devil

June 25th for $19.99.

That’s a bit pricey for a game you could get for $30 with 2 others but that seems to be the Switch on a nutshell.

Not sure why they bothered with this one but here it is:

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
You can buy and preload the game right now.

$20 seems pretty steep for a game that you can buy for less than a US dollar but I got curious enough and I can spare the cash right now.

Just letting people know. The game unlocked hours ago and I've been playing on handheld to try it out. The game has a few alterations so it's not just a straight port. The gallery has been moved to a new section on the man menu called extras and it has all the achievements, images and music from the HD collection. The game runs smoothly on handheld but by god do I hate the tiny controls on the Switch for this game. The R1 is position in such a way that it's awkward to hold it down. Getting achievements on the switch is kinda cool. It's got its own unique style and the menus for the extras are pretty well made and fitting but since this is a port of the PS4 version, which has an entirely new sleth of issues that the PS3 version also had, I am going to be extra picky about what I see and hear.

For one, shooting in the air still doesn't have the motion blur, and neither do a lot of instances, like getting Alistor. I'm going to check out the sound later because the PS4 version had horrible audio issues at the cathedral, issues that weren't in the PS3 version, so I'm wondering if the PS3 and 4 versions are entirely different ports of their own.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
For one, shooting in the air still doesn't have the motion blur, and neither do a lot of instances, like getting Alistor.

I count that as a good thing. Motion blur, especially when it's heavy like in DMC1 (and 3), is so annoying and sometimes makes me sick.

Goldsickle

For one, shooting in the air still doesn't have the motion blur, and neither do a lot of instances, like getting Alistor. I'm going to check out the sound later because the PS4 version had horrible audio issues at the cathedral, issues that weren't in the PS3 version, so I'm wondering if the PS3 and 4 versions are entirely different ports of their own.
Not a good sign.

I guess that means that the Marionette's war cry and Mundus's vertical wave might also be invisible in this version.

berto

I Saw the Devil

I count that as a good thing. Motion blur, especially when it's heavy like in DMC1 (and 3)is so annoying and sometimes makes me sick.
That's not why they did it. It's not a good thing, it's a sign of incompleteness and that the other issues are probably still present. The audio loop of the environmental noise at the start not being synced right is still present so as much as one wants it DMC1 still doesn't have a properly patched port for the modern era.

Marionette's war cry and Mundus's vertical wave might also be invisible in this version.
That was a thing? I can see them very clearly when I play. Well, the marionette war cry, I haven't gotten to Mundus.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

That was a thing? I can see them very clearly when I play. Well, the marionette war cry, I haven't gotten to Mundus.
The distortion orb that occurs when they emit the war cry?

If you can see that, then maybe that means Mundus's energy wave can also be seen.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@The above posts

For god's sake, does it even really matter?...
Does it matter to me if my favorite game of all time never gets a proper port and ends up littered with graphical and auditory glitches that can range from very noticeable to downright perturbing? Why, yes, yes it does.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I consider it an improvement nonetheless
Not I. I liked the effect and I like the attention to detail put into the game and when I first saw it I knew something was off but couldn’t put my finger on what it was. Now I know what it is, i see it and I definitely miss it. This isn’t the only instance of missed details. It’s too bad the game isn’t particularly high on Capcom’s list of priority titles to get the treatment it deserves.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not I. I liked the effect

More power to you. But I hate motion blur, it causes me nauseousness. There are only a few games where it didn't give me nausea, and the DMCs (not only 1) are definitely not among them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But I hate motion blur, it causes me nauseousness.
Watching movies in theatres must be difficult for you. Theatrical showings always seem to have the blur when the camera moves too fast. Well, if they ever fix it you can always delete the updates and set the game to a build that doesn't have it.

Top Bottom