• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 1 coming to the Switch (And now 2, as well (and 3, if you hadn’t guessed))

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, Capcom seems to be making a thing of their Switch ports in Japan:

about_illust01.jpg
about_illust02.jpg
about_illust03.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/switch-lineup/

berto

I Saw the Devil
Now it's DMC2's turn. Not sure anyone cares enough to pay another $20 for it but it definitely makes it obvious that DMC3 is a matter of time.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Now it's DMC2's turn. Not sure anyone cares enough to pay another $20 for it but it definitely makes it obvious that DMC3 is a matter of time.
They should have made a single collection whit the first 3 dmc and made it pay 30 dollar... 20 dollar for just one game is ridicolous

berto

I Saw the Devil
They should have made a single collection whit the first 3 dmc and made it pay 30 dollar... 20 dollar for just one game is ridiculous
I concur. My biggest concern is that they will, infact, release the trilogy when 3 is announced but the physical version will not only cost more than on any other system but only one game will be in the cartridge and the other two will be on a download code. It's how every multi game release on the Switch I know of has been done. I'm starting to think that the OS for the Switch can only register one game per cartridges. I know they are more expensive to produce since they're proprietary technology, but they should've thought about this ahead of time.

Vergil95

I concur. My biggest concern is that they will, infact, release the trilogy when 3 is announced but the physical version will not only cost more than on any other system but only one game will be in the cartridge and the other two will be on a download code. It's how every multi game release on the Switch I know of has been done. I'm starting to think that the OS for the Switch can only register one game per cartridges. I know they are more expensive to produce since they're proprietary technology, but they should've thought about this ahead of time.
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't simply use blue Ray like all other console...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't simply use blue Ray like all other console...
The draw of the Switch is portability,. Blu-ray are large and don’t make for good portable media since they are more easily damaged than a cartridge, specially if your going to have a game that is motion control heavy..

Vergil95

The draw of the Switch is portability,. Blu-ray are large and don’t make for good portable media since they are more easily damaged than a cartridge, specially if your going to have a game that is motion control heavy..
Yeah right, I completely forgot of the switch portability

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
No, not really. It can have multiple games on a cart. The issue is that... cartridges cost more to produce. There's a reason why Nintendo delayed production of 64GB carts. They want profit from each cartridge sold. But, eventually they'll be forced to go 64GB so devs don't leave.
Because it's a handheld. The issue isn't the media, the issue is Nintendo wants profit.

Goldsickle

My programmer friend mentioned about how Japanese developers tend to have this habit of always tossing away their source codes in an attempt to not let anyone steal the codes.
This probably explains why a lot of remasters tend to have difficulties maintaining certain elements from the original and are based off later versions (like how the FFVIII remaster is based on the PC version, not the PlayStation version).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I remember A GameStop employee trying to justify Capcom's reasoning for releasing these games on the Switch individually at high prices. His justification looks all the more stupid. The only ones who are going to buy 2 are those who like the game to begin with.

berto

I Saw the Devil

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/devil-may-cry-2-switch/
Yep, $20. That is well above the price I'd be willing to pay for this game again. I have it on the PS2, 3 and 4 and I hardly ever play it. I don't see the point of for this one, not even the portability of it all.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I remember A GameStop employee trying to justify Capcom's reasoning for releasing these games on the Switch individually at high prices. His justification looks all the more stupid. The only ones who are going to buy 2 are those who like the game to begin with.
Yeah, you're right. I just bought the DMCHD Collection for PS4, even though I have the originals on PS2. But DMCHDC is more value for your dollar than these individual cartridges. Blame both Capcom and Nintendo. There is no innocent person in the decision for smaller carts, and Capcom's decision to have a cart and a download code/releasing games one by one. Capcom could've just begged and plead with Nintendo to release those 64GB carts so they can do DMCHDC. [95% of the work is already done, all they need to do is put it on the cart.]

Now they have to take the burn of customers.

And yes, that GameStop employee is stupid. He didn't know about why Capcom decided to go this route, I don't either, but at least I have been watching gaming news closely to understand why this is happening.

Vergil95

Yeah, you're right. I just bought the DMCHD Collection for PS4, even though I have the originals on PS2. But DMCHDC is more value for your dollar than these individual cartridges. Blame both Capcom and Nintendo. There is no innocent person in the decision for smaller carts, and Capcom's decision to have a cart and a download code/releasing games one by one. Capcom could've just begged and plead with Nintendo to release those 64GB carts so they can do DMCHDC. [95% of the work is already done, all they need to do is put it on the cart.]

Now they have to take the burn of customers.

And yes, that GameStop employee is stupid. He didn't know about why Capcom decided to go this route, I don't either, but at least I have been watching gaming news closely to understand why this is happening.
I read that the max size for switch cartridges I s actually 32 gb, dmc hd collection is less than 15 gb, so they could have put them in only one cartridge if they want... Capcom just wanted to release them separately

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I read that the max size for switch cartridges I s actually 32 gb, dmc hd collection is less than 15 gb, so they could have put them in only one cartridge if they want... Capcom just wanted to release them separately
That's what I was saying.

There are carts that go lower than 32GB. You should see the teardowns of carts. The lower the size, the cheaper it is to produce. That's why the Mega Man Legacy Collection(s) is cart/download code.

Last edited:

Vergil95

That's what I was saying.

There are carts that go lower than 32GB. You should see the teardowns of carts. The lower the size, the cheaper it is to produce. That's why the Mega Man Legacy Collection(s) is cart/download code.
Probably Capcom just wanted to release them separately so that they can make more money out of them... Even if they sell poor, like 500 thousand copies, it will still be profitable to them since they only take the previous hd and put it on switch

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Does the Switch Version have any neat extras or features that make it different from the HD release? Perhaps a Link costume or a Mario outfit for Dante?

Vergil95

Does the Switch Version have any neat extras or features that make it different from the HD release? Perhaps a Link costume or a Mario outfit for Dante?
It has the same things as the hd release, only that you can play it portable, and whit the other switch feature if there are other

Top Bottom