• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 1 coming to the Switch (And now 2, as well (and 3, if you hadn’t guessed))

berto

I Saw the Devil
Strange i didn't add it to cart, I think I did post the page of the game not the cart my bad
The link you first provided led to the cart. Anyway, I hope you don't play on getting the Japanese version. The asian version is much cheaper and has all the same features. You just have to wait for them to restock.

@Stylish Nero
Glad I'm not working today. Anyway, now's the time to ask questions. I want to request for them to add a feature where you can change equipped weapons on the pause menu.

Edit:
PreOrder now:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/devil-may-cry-3-special-edition-switch/

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You have to rebuy the copy because dmc 4 didn't exist on ps4 and for dmc 3 it didn't exist internet update for ps2, but right now if there is a new edition with extra content for the game, you can simply buy what you need instead of buying the whole game again... If you already have the game you just need to buy the expansion at it usually came at less than 30 euro for every game... For example I buyed all the dlc for re 7 at 25 euro, I expanded my Re 2 remake at the deluxe edition for 7 euro and my battlefront 2 to the celebration edition at the price of 25, and I must say that each of this was worth the price I spend at least for me...

I remember that it wasn't this expensive at launch it was less than 40 euro

Well aren't you optimistic.

Knowing Capcom they will port the game to the next gen consoles since those come out later this year. It will probably release 2021 (the 20th anniversary of the franchise) and call it either Special Edition, Anniversary Edition, Legacy Edition, or Legendary Edition. Its so they can run Turbo Mode and LDK mode (because I bet current gen consoles can't run those features since they're not there) and faster loading times and better performance and probably charge $40-50 for it. Its what they did with DmC which also released at the tail end of its console generation.

It better be worth it if that is the case. However looking at Capcom's streak lately and how they treated the 3 Megaman Legacy Collections, their change in policies, and the fact they're adding 3 new features to a 15 year old game I am more confident in them this time. But its cautious optimism.

berto

I Saw the Devil
https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-to-release-devil-may-cry-triple-pack-in-japan/

Knowing Capcom they will port the game to the next gen consoles since those come out later this year.
If the new generation is, indeed-diddily-o, backwards compatible then they will need a new incentive to sell all the DMC games on the PS5 again since they're all already on the PS4. The new Switch version with all the additions might do the trick. That might be how they release that version on other platforms.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It just occurred to me that I think one of the new features is going to be the removal of the old save system. No more of that memory card way of doing it and probably make it something more modern.

Goldsickle

It just occurred to me that I think one of the new features is going to be the removal of the old save system. No more of that memory card way of doing it and probably make it something more modern.
I'd f***ing welcome it.

Back in DMC4, you'd have to go to the "main menu" and manually save your progress.
In the Special Edition, they did it right by just having the game auto-save anytime you complete a mission or buy upgrades.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd f***ing welcome it.

Back in DMC4, you'd have to go to the "main menu" and manually save your progress.
In the Special Edition, they did it right by just having the game auto-save anytime you complete a mission or buy upgrades.
You ever lose your progress on DMC3 because you overwrite the save data? I wasn't a problem in the original but when the SE came out and you had both Dante and Vergil it wasn't uncommon to accidentally delete one or the other overwriting the save.

Goldsickle

You ever lose your progress on DMC3 because you overwrite the save data? I wasn't a problem in the original but when the SE came out and you had both Dante and Vergil it wasn't uncommon to accidentally delete one or the other overwriting the save.
Happened twice.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
The things i didn't like about auto save in dmc 4 se and dmc5 is the fact that you can't make more game file , so you can't replay the game from the start if you want, you have to make a new account on the ps4...

I think they should have implemented the dmc devil may cry autosave method, you can make more game files, but you don't have to save manually

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think they should have implemented the dmc devil may cry autosave method, you can make more game files, but you don't have to save manually
I wouldn’t mind that in the least. I’m only willing to make so many extra accounts since I only have a few emails and I also don’t like having to wipe my save from my PlayStation to play from the start. It’s bull. Having only one save file is fine for a certain type of game, this is not one of them.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-to-release-devil-may-cry-triple-pack-in-japan/

If the new generation is, indeed-diddily-o, backwards compatible then they will need a new incentive to sell all the DMC games on the PS5 again since they're all already on the PS4. The new Switch version with all the additions might do the trick. That might be how they release that version on other platforms.

You know after I made that post I actually realized that but at the same time Capcom might be worried about if they were do that people who had already farmed the Max amount of Red Orbs or a ton (which is insanely easy to do w/ or w/o the Faust hat) could easily buy all the new skills that they offer to the new characters and whatever new things the SE as for us to buy. However, Capcom can just not care because I believe at some point after DMC4SE's release they outright just gave you enough Red Orbs and Proud Souls when you bought the game to buy all the character's skills. So I guess Capcom has no excuse (Or not a very good one) and it will sting even more after how they handled it with SFV, MHW, and even Dragon's Dogma (an Itsuno game) of last gen. So what DMC can't get the DLC expansion treatment Capcom?

Also DMC3SE's 2nd feature for the Switch will be revealed in 8 hours. They seemingly are hyping it up quite a bit. Whatever the next 2 features are seem to be equally (or almost as equally) as significant as Style Switching.

It seems the bets are on co-op mode and/or full weapon customization like in 5.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Weapon switching is officially announced for dmc 3 special edition on switch

You can switch weapon a la dmc 4 or if you continue holding the weapon change button a rotation menu will happear and you czn change the weapon you wamt instantly whit thr analog stick, they should put this feature in dmc 5

berto

I Saw the Devil
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_m...ee-style-mode-for-the-nintendo-switch-version

For a long while I've complained that I wish the games would let you switch weapons in the pause menu and every time I've mentioned it I got varated and raged on for it. For 5, it was specially bad, you're not allowed to say bad things about 5 in a lot of places, even if it's not really that bad a thing to say, just a small complaint. The responses I got were how there was no need and how it would break the flow of the game to have to go into the pause menu and that there were already enough divinity statues that this was unnecessary.

Anyway, I think this is even better than the pause menu and I'm sorta mad at myself for letting a bunch of whinny, angry, keyboard tough guys influence my opinion. With this it shows that none of them would succeed in a production because they have their heads up their own a'holes and it's so far up because they don't want to hear that something they like might not be perfect. It's childish and deserves no mind.

Stream to showcase this feature today at 2pm PST/5pm EST/10pm GMT:

Last edited:

Goldsickle

The DMC3 update made me wonder if we can charge the firearms anytime or need to be in Gunslinger mode to do it.

And if we switch to Quicksilver to slow down time, does the effect go away if we switch to a different style?
Imagine doing some bullet time Real Impact.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
And if we switch to Quicksilver to slow down time, does the effect go away if we switch to a different style?
Imagine doing some bullet time Real Impact.
I think it'd work similar to the Style switch mod on PC or Nero in DMC5, would be weird for it to just turn off when you switch to something else, as the effect is directly tied to the DT gauge.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The only thing I asked was whether or not you could remove weapons from the load out, others if you could edit the load out around, which they didn't know since they hadn't tried it out. The version of the game they were playing was a debug mode so it wasn't the final build. I'm hoping that that's a thing because being able to pick which weapons go in what order would make for better choices.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Goldsickle

Capcom normally outsources their porting, so I was wondering if the Switch version is something they do in-house.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Nothing is showing up

Capcom normally outsources their porting, so I was wondering if the Switch version is something they do in-house.

This does seem to be the case at the moment. It seemed even ports are being handled more by in-house nowadays considering recent news.

Top Bottom