• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
3 messages in, and it already looks like Alastor Sword is aiming to be the next Incarnated Demon/Cool Demon/Stylish Nero/Generic-DmC-hater.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
there's no way either of them has clear victory for a start how do you even define power? is it strength? is it skill?is it the ability to lead? create a exact mathematical calculator for it and there';s one problem down the other being luck factors into it as well i already said when you kill a boss on dmc once that does not mean you can perform the exact same input and get the exact same result otherwise it would not be real it would be a static event that plays out for you and it will never make a proper fight

i hate nero but i still feel like neither of them has clear victory
Look I don't believe in absolute victory either, heck they can fight a 1000 times and I think Donte would win some of them, I'm just saying I believe Nero has the better chance of victory based on what he's shown... that and I was replying to someone else >_>Also I don't let my hatred for a character cloud my judgment on their abilities either. If you want truth I liked the new DmC, and I've been a fan of the series since day one :) I just didn't like the new Dante (I call him Donte so we can identify easier) yet that doesn't mean I think he's a bad character and I don't think he's a weakling either. Also I don't think luck plays so big a role as skill and precision but I hear you loud and clear.

But otherwise I agree, circumstance can play a big role in the outcome.

AlastorSword

3 messages in, and it already looks like Alastor Sword is aiming to be the next Incarnated Demon/Cool Demon/Stylish Nero/Generic-DmC-hater.
You base that on the fact that I'm siding with the kid over new Dante? That's silly to think I hate DmC just because I think Donte would lose the fight. Just sounds to me like you're mad dude -_-

FYI, I liked DmC.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
You base that on the fact that I'm siding with the kid over new Dante? That's silly to think I hate DmC just because I think Donte would lose the fight. Just sounds to me like you're mad dude -_-

FYI, I liked DmC.
Umm, actually? He might've thought that because you keep calling him Donte. It's kinda offensive to some people on the site dude.

AlastorSword

Umm, actually? He might've thought that because you keep calling him Donte. It's kinda offensive to some people on the site dude.

Seriously? I always assumed it was just a nick name for easier identification o_O
I guess I can see how it sounds bad because it has the word "Don't" in it hehe. I should be careful with that, thanks for the warning. Nice sig btw, FFVIII was cool.

AlastorSword

reDante, NTDante, or DmCDante. Simple and mature. I don't call DMC4 Dante "Dunte" or "the asshole in cowboy chaps pretending to be Dante" or "DINO" (Seriously, Capcom, STICK TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKING CHARACTER DEVELOPMET!)
Well in canon DMC4 is still the same guy, so I wouldn't call him anything else regardless. But if it bugs everyone so much reDante it is.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Seriously? I always assumed it was just a nick name for easier identification :blink:
I guess I can see how it sounds bad because it has the word "Don't" in it hehe. I should be careful with that, thanks for the warning. Nice sig btw, FFVIII was cool.
No problem man. Happy to help out :D

Oh and thanks for the compliment too ^_^

EnJ

Shade
reDante, NTDante, or DmCDante. Simple and mature. I don't call DMC4 Dante "Dunte" or "the asshole in cowboy chaps pretending to be Dante" or "DINO" (Seriously, Capcom, STICK TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKING CHARACTER DEVELOPMET!)

I like this type of logic what so popular in this community. DmC fans can say whatever they want about DMC4 and insult it in almost any way they like, and they will always be mature and open minded persons. When someone tell at least 1 bad word about DmC he automatically become a "stupid fanboy", "cry baby", "stubborn child' etc.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Seriously? I always assumed it was just a nick name for easier identification :blink:

It was a nickname created by the people who don't like the game, so it carries a very childish and negative connotation, same with DiNO (Dante in Name Only). It's an easy mistake to make if you've only seen the word used but not know its origin, but it's pretty much used by people who refused to accept that his name was "Dante," and that it had any connection at all for the franchise. It's almost a bit of a character slur here >.< Like using WOP to reference an Italian-American; sure it's damn easier to type out, but by golly is it gonna make some people upset :/

On another note, using a prefix like classic, reboot, DMC, DmC, or NT in front of Dante (or even Vergil) is good enough as an indicator for who you're talking about, and it's so easy to breeze past the prefix while reading a post because it's nearly a symbol at this point. For brevity's sake, some go by NT!Dante, because it's the quickest to get out :p

I like this type of logic what so popular in this community. DmC fans can say whatever they want about DMC4 and insult it in almost any way they like, and they will always be mature and open minded persons. When someone tell at least 1 bad word about DmC he automatically become a "stupid fanboy", "cry baby", "stubborn child' etc.

Please don't lump everyone of a particular group together so broadly. I love the franchise as a whole, but even I can see the faults in it. Some just have stronger opinions than others, like with anything. Do remember that DmC fans are also a little gunshy because we've been the black sheep for almost three years in the "DMC family." This place is like our haven, the one place we've been able to talk openly and freely about what we like without people jumping down our throats for liking an "inferior game" (as some would put it). I'd think we're all getting better at it, but it's still really easy to fall into a defensive posture, and start hurling vitriol back at an opposition's favored game.

I'm not saying it totally excuses that kind of behavior, but very few really do that, or do it entirely consciously, methinks.

Beeteedubs, what is that in your signature? It looks really cool.

AlastorSword

It was a nickname created by the people who don't like the game, so it carries a very childish and negative connotation, same with DiNO (Dante in Name Only). It's an easy mistake to make if you've only seen the word used but not know its origin, but it's pretty much used by people who refused to accept that his name was "Dante," and that it had any connection at all for the franchise. It's almost a bit of a character slur here >_< Like using WOP to reference an Italian-American; sure it's damn easier to type out, but by golly is it gonna make some people upset :/

On another note, using a prefix like classic, reboot, DMC, DmC, or NT in front of Dante (or even Vergil) is good enough as an indicator for who you're talking about, and it's so easy to breeze past the prefix while reading a post because it's nearly a symbol at this point. For brevity's sake, some go by NT!Dante, because it's the quickest to get out :p

Heh, the more you know I guess. I personally didn't really like the new Dante but I do like DmC... so the last thing I want is to be labeled as a nostalgic blowhard (that said I would die for a DMC5. Shhhhh don't tell anyone I said that.)

I was actually considering reDante. Chops down the letters and makes it much easier to catch thanks to the unorthodox, lowercase standing in the name.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.

I was making the point that I don't do that, even though I could. Scroll through my post history or, I don't know, read the whole post before you type.

EnJ

Shade
Please don't lump everyone of a particular group together so broadly. I love the franchise as a whole, but even I can see the faults in it. Some just have stronger opinions than others, like with anything. Do remember that DmC fans are also a little gunshy because we've been the black sheep for almost three years in the "DMC family." This place is like our haven, the one place we've been able to talk openly and freely about what we like without people jumping down our throats for liking an "inferior game" (as some would put it). I'd think we're all getting better at it, but it's still really easy to fall into a defensive posture, and start hurling vitriol back at an opposition's favored game.

I'm not saying it totally excuses that kind of behavior, but very few really do that, or do it entirely consciously, methinks.

Beeteedubs, what is that in your signature? It looks really cool.

Still, this is very annoying.
You say that new boses a boring and to easy, you "stubborn DMC fanboy".
You say that new Dante looks ridiculous, you "cry baby".
Ok, maybe it's fair enough. But only in case when the all insulting for DMC4 will also count like a "DmC fanboyish and childish behavior"

It is Ninja Gaiden 3 RE main antagonist Regent of the Mask aka Theodor Higgins

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I was actually considering reDante. Chops down the letters and makes it much easier to catch thanks to the unorthodox, lowercase standing in the name.

Oh yeah, that'll do it, too :p

Still, this is very annoying.
You say that new boses a boring and to easy, you "stubborn DMC fanboy".
You say that new Dante looks ridiculous, you "cry baby".
Ok, maybe it's fair enough. But only in case when the all insulting for DMC4 will also count like a "DmC fanboyish and childish behavior"

Well I think it's always fanboyism one way or another. I've seen some pretty staunch supporters of DmC that I shake my head at just as much :/

It is Ninja Gaiden 3 RE main antagonist Regent of the Mask aka Theodor Higgins

Ooooooooh. I thought it looked familiar. He looks a lot cooler there than what I remember from trailers >.>

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, glad that's settled.

And I don't view DmC as the perfect game. I know that its combat isn't as good as DMC3's. No, I don't want to talk about DMC4. I'm only interested in DMC3's combat.

DMC4 can eat my cowboy boots (they're leather, so it counts as edible).

If DmC had DMC3's combat mechanics (60 fps, royalguard, lock-on, etc.) then it would be much better off because of that, in my humble opinion.

EvilX-81

Huh, Donte is an insult? I personally liked that name. :/ Legit alternate spelling for the name, no extra letters added to get across which Dante I'm referring to. Though I guess it could be looked at as "DON'Te."

If DmC had DMC3's combat mechanics (60 fps, royalguard, lock-on, etc.) then it would be much better off because of that, in my humble opinion.

A royalguard mechanic and the elimination of those color coded enemies. Can't do a mock-gunslinger run with those assholes lurking about, ready to break my flow with their bulletproof or intangible backsides.

Top Bottom