• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Alright, my cousin and I have been debating this on the subway for ages now, so I've decided that whoever gets the most votes in the poll will be declared the winner in this argument.
Who would win in a battle to the death Dante or Nero? (I mean DmC Dante, of course, not Classic Dante)
Note: We both agreed that being half-angel and half-demon would make DmC Dante stronger, with a possible exception being the Devil Bringer, but even then, Dante has Eryx.
Feel free to discuss and, most importantly, vote :)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Dante for sure. At least Dante has a variety of weapons, plus the angel dodge to get out of the way of the devil bringer.

And I don't know what Nero is. Quarter devil? So he'd be no match even if Dante was just half devil.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Dante is a mixture of Devil and Angel, boasting both of these species abilities. In the official wikia page, it states that Dante has crushing, brute strength and amazing agility and speed. Not to mention his speed of combat and wide variety of weapons, and this Dante is just a kid. My bets go to Dante.

BLACKSWIPE

Does anyone actually know what Nero is? Is he a quarter devil? Or is it a mystery? :/
There's some speculation and heavily implied evidence that Nero is in fact the son of vergil, though I'm not sure on that. All I know is that Nero's DT is just a demon soul standing behind him, so I automatically asume that he's a quarter devil. Dante and Vergil can turn completely devil, while Nero can only transform his soul into that of a Devil's.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
There's some speculation and heavily implied evidence that Nero is in fact the son of vergil, though I'm not sure on that. All I know is that Nero's DT is just a demon soul standing behind him, so I automatically asume that he's a quarter devil. Dante and Vergil can turn completely devil, while Nero can only transform his soul into that of a Devil's.
Yeah, I heard about a Japanese book wher it said Vergil slept with a hooker. But that seems so out of character for him, especially considering his attitude about girls being whores who grow up too quick (said that in the manga). Plus, is the book cannon?
So he stalked by a demon soul? :p Creepy.....

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Does anyone actually know what Nero is? Is he a quarter devil? Or is it a mystery? :/
I've always thought of it as part of Vergil is inside Nero and that's why his DT soul standing behind him looks similar to Nelo Angelo, but hey, DMC4 brought WAAAAY more questions then answers

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I've always thought of it as part of Vergil is inside Nero and that's why his DT soul standing behind him looks similar to Nelo Angelo, but hey, DMC4 brought WAAAAY more questions then answers

Yeah, the demon soul design looks a lot like an updated version of Vergil's DMC3 demon design, including an organic sheath for Yamato. Plus, there's the fact that Nero was able to bond with Yamato at all. Clearly Nero has some kind of connection to Vergil, but it's never explained what. The fact that he can't transform doesn't necessarily mean anything, either - Trish doesn't have a demon form, but she's 100% demon. So, who knows.

BLACKSWIPE

Personally I think both of them would get along, they'd work out good as friends. They don't care very much for rules, rule breakers. They aren't afraid to protect the ones that they love, nor fight for what they believe in. I can easily see them waiting in line at a music store together for a new combichrist album.

TheNoHeartedBeing

This Dante may be young but still. This dude is half angel and half demon no lick of human. He wins no question asked. We haven't even seen half of this Dante's true potential. Nero is my dude but lol Dante would lol...... im not even going to finish that sentence.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Please

This
tumblr_mgoyju0XSs1r61syyo6_250.gif

tumblr_mgoyju0XSs1r61syyo7_250.gif

tumblr_mgoyju0XSs1r61syyo9_250.gif

tumblr_mfoahgJGXe1qhqpozo1_500.gif
tumblr_mhvebdv4cp1rblqwco1_400.gif

tumblr_mgdw92Vf8A1rqbr7yo1_500.gif

aginst this
tumblr_inline_mgvmld24WW1qdclq7.gif

Funny.

ChaserTech

Ok I'm sorry but:

Half angel and Half demon =/= automatically obtain immense strength and power.

Nero is just half demon (perhaps quarter demon but most likely half) yet he's able to crush the face of False Savior with his Devil Arm alone, without using the power of Yamato or D.T. And I doubt he was using his full power at all.The only thing that DmC Dante has over him is his own D.T. And we haven't seen anything amazing from DmC Dante

And in brute strength, Nero is arguably stronger than Dante in DMC4, which DmC Dante heavily revolves around since he doesn't display feats of super speed within cut-scenes as well.

I'd hate to say it, but Nero wins in my book.

Top Bottom