• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I don't think they're ever clear on the healing thing. Maybe he needs to consciously focus on it? or maybe whatever healing factor he's got was working overtime on his massive hangover and it just so happened to finish and get around to sorting his back scratches just as he was waking up. That's the more entertaining option, I choose to believe that one.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Nero destroys Donte with mid-difficulty, no questions asked! Honestly it would be fun to watch Donte try and pull him just to get swept off his feet and face planted into a skyscraper. My scale is maybe:

Nero: 65%
Donte: 35%

Sorry just can't see Donte coming anywhere near victory on this one, Nero has him neck-n-neck without the use of various weaponry. In the end Nero comes out with a couple bruises and an hot head from all the smack talking Donte would have delivered, while Donte, on the other hand, is reduced to chunky salsa and a aging mullet. XD

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I don't think they're ever clear on the healing thing. Maybe he needs to consciously focus on it? or maybe whatever healing factor he's got was working overtime on his massive hangover and it just so happened to finish and get around to sorting his back scratches just as he was waking up. That's the more entertaining option, I choose to believe that one.

DmC dante seems to be able to take being impaled by a harpy's blade pretty well

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Nero destroys Donte with mid-difficulty, no questions asked! Honestly it would be fun to watch Donte try and pull him just to get swept off his feet and face planted into a skyscraper. My scale is maybe:

Nero: 65%
Donte: 35%

Sorry just can't see Donte coming anywhere near victory on this one, Nero has him neck-n-neck without the use of various weaponry. In the end Nero comes out with a couple bruises and an hot head from all the smack talking Donte would have delivered, while Donte, on the other hand, is reduced to chunky salsa and a aging mullet. XD

1. NTDante is faster than Nero, showcased by both his Angel and Demon dodges.

2. NT Dante (without Eryx) can punch out skyscraper sized Demon gods

3. Dante's physical Strength seems to be on par with Nero's without Eryx

4. Dante's "**** you physics" DT stops time and suspends enemies in the air. Nero doesn't have a counter for it.

Don't spread lies, I've heard enough as it is. Ninja Theory are big fans of the past games and aren't out on a mission to screw up the series just for the sake of ticking off the fans. So accept that and let it go.
I still have my doubts about that. If you're such a big fan of something you don't try to change it so much.
Then again,I don't even care about NT or Capcom and such since I know they don't give two shi*s about games or if it's liked by fans and people in general. I would have cared if they tried to make something good to please a large number of people.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

4. Dante's "**** you physics" DT stops time and suspends enemies in the air. Nero doesn't have a counter for it.
let-me-tell-you-why-thats-bullshit.jpg

1. If we are going by dodge speed, then Nero and Dante seems to have the same speed.

2. Dante punched Mundus while using his DT, more or less making Mundus float to and making it easier for Dante. Plus, let's not forget that Nero is actually stronger than DMC4 Dante in terms of raw strenght. Nero also can manifest a huge ass hand to crush things, like The Saviors face.

False_Savior_(in-battle).png

The Savior and Mundus are about the same size too.

3. From what we can see, I would guess Dante would have to use Eryx to be actually on the same level as Nero. Or maybe not. Kinda hard to compare when it is two different videogames.

4. Dante used his DT abilities in Limbo, we can't really if it works in the real world. The Vergil fight is an execption since Limbo and the real world was merged there. Hell, we don't even know if it would affect Nero since Vergil didn't seemed to be bothered by it.

Honestly, they would be evenly matched I say.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
let-me-tell-you-why-thats-bullshit.jpg

1. If we are going by dodge speed, then Nero and Dante seems to have the same speed.

2. Dante punched Mundus while using his DT, more or less making Mundus float to and making it easier for Dante. Plus, let's not forget that Nero is actually stronger than DMC4 Dante in terms of raw strenght. Nero also can manifest a huge ass hand to crush things, like The Saviors face.

False_Savior_(in-battle).png

The Savior and Mundus are about the same size too.

3. From what we can see, I would guess Dante would have to use Eryx to be actually on the same level as Nero. Or maybe not. Kinda hard to compare when it is two different videogames.

4. Dante used his DT abilities in Limbo, we can't really if it works in the real world. The Vergil fight is an execption since Limbo and the real world was merged there. Hell, we don't even know if it would affect Nero since Vergil didn't seemed to be bothered by it.

Honestly, they would be evenly matched I say.

Touché, my attack on titan loving friend. Touché.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I still have my doubts about that. If you're such a big fan of something you don't try to change it so much.

One's love for something doesn't quite factor into not changing it so much when you were hired strictly to change it so much :/ Their original concept art looked a lot like the old DMC, but Capcom kept saying "Narp, go further away."

There's two punches, and people are only counting one. Dante punched Mundus into a building while in DT, with Eryx. However, just before Dante rips open his chest in their fight, Dante uppercuts him bare-handed. The latter punch is the one people reference.

Even then, I still don't understand why people keep saying "Wull yeah, but only with Eryx," when Dante can equip Eryx in a split-second anyway :ermm: And his bare-handed strength is still pretty incredible.

The thing is, Dante was created with the impression that he's on par with his classic counterpart. Although, DmC Dante would be on-par to...like...endgame DMC3 Dante or early DMC1 Dante, based on age alone. Ah, but...Nero really just "awakened" by the time DMC4 started, so...hrm. Whatevs.

Remember that Vergil wasn't bothered by Dante's DT because he was also a Nephilim. His doppelganger, however, totally effected by it :p

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
And his bare-handed strength is still pretty incredible.
No doubt DmC Dante is strong but from I can see, Nero is stronger in terms of raw strenght. Plus, Nero have the advantage of his demon hand and can project a larger hand and extend it.

Remember that Vergil wasn't bothered by Dante's DT because he was also a Nephilim. His doppelganger, however, totally effected by it :p
What says that Nero would be affected too? He's part demon and more human, we have no idea how humans would respond to it at all.

I'm not sure you bring up the doppelganger since that is Vergils demonic energy projected into a human shape. Not a seperate person.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
No doubt DmC Dante is strong but from I can see, Nero is stronger in terms of raw strenght. Plus, Nero have the advantage of his demon hand and can project a larger hand and extend it.

That's sort of the one problem I'm concerned about, because a lot of Nero's potential seems to come from the Devil Bringer itself. It also seems to be ineffective if its constricted. Sanctus stabbed it once and suddenly it was of no use :(

What says that Nero would be affected too? He's part demon and more human, we have no idea how humans would respond to it at all.

Well, Dante's Devil Trigger worked on a King of Hell, so I'd imagine there are very few immune to its effects, let alone a whatever/4s demon that Nero is :ermm: Logically, the only people it wouldn't work on would at least be the Nephilim (it's part of why they were so feared; their planewalking skillz are the ****~). I'm not sure why the less magically-inclined humans would be exempt from those same effects, they get effect by demon magic the most, really.

I'm not sure you bring up the doppelganger since that is Vergils demonic energy projected into a human shape. Not a seperate person.

Maybe not a separate person, but the fact that his Devil Trigger is apparently good enough to constrict even magical energy projections is nothing to pass off. The Devil Bringer's hand is an energy projection, too, so Dante's DT could prove to be a great hindrance to it.

One's love for something doesn't quite factor into not changing it so much when you were hired strictly to change it so much :/ Their original concept art looked a lot like the old DMC, but Capcom kept saying "Narp, go further away."

So it means that they had to make it look repulsive just because Capcom told them to change it drastically? It's like a pay-back for not allowing them to do it in the style of old DMC?
Anyway it was Capcom's fault at first because they gave it to a non-professional development team.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
That's sort of the one problem I'm concerned about, because a lot of Nero's potential seems to come from the Devil Bringer itself. It also seems to be ineffective if its constricted. Sanctus stabbed it once and suddenly it was of no use :(

Well, Dante's Devil Trigger worked on a King of Hell, so I'd imagine there are very few immune to its effects, let alone a whatever/4s demon that Nero is :ermm: Logically, the only people it wouldn't work on would at least be the Nephilim (it's part of why they were so feared; their planewalking skillz are the ****~). I'm not sure why the less magically-inclined humans would be exempt from those same effects, they get effect by demon magic the most, really.

Maybe not a separate person, but the fact that his Devil Trigger is apparently good enough to constrict even magical energy projections is nothing to pass off. The Devil Bringer's hand is an energy projection, too, so Dante's DT could prove to be a great hindrance to it.
I agree that these are very valid arguments but in the end, there is alot of "if and maybe" from both of us. I don't think we can come to a good conclusion in the end.

uONmQqQ.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So it means that they had to make it look repulsive just because Capcom told them to change it drastically? It's like a pay-back for not allowing them to do it in the style of old DMC?
Anyway it was Capcom's fault at first because they gave it to a non-professional development team.

"Repulsive" would be a very subjective interpretation, but Capcom wanted their "gritty reboot," and Ninja Theory delivered, some were pleased, some weren't. Not sure about the "non-professionaly dev team," though...they seem pretty damn professional as any other dev team out there.

And if you're going to bring up some sh!t about how they insulted fans, then you can tell it walkin' sister, because this conversation has been had many times before, and it doesn't change anyone's opinion regardless of what we and logic have had to say on the matter. Tl;dr - There's a very big difference between being insulted, and feeling insulted.

I agree that these are very valid arguments but in the end, there is alot of "if and maybe" from both of us. I don't think we can come to a good conclusion in the end.

uONmQqQ.jpg

Oh God yes. I like the debate as much as the next guy, but without a clear quantification of power between two possibly entirely different worlds, it's impossible to come to a conclusion. I do like the revelation that Dante's DT could act against the Devil Bringer's ghost hand...that's just an interesting turn of events :p I wonder if it'd mean it could also effect Nero's DT spirit...

Anyway, I'll gladly take that shrug, my good man.

"Repulsive" would be a very subjective interpretation, but Capcom wanted their "gritty reboot," and Ninja Theory delivered, some were pleased, some weren't. Not sure about the "non-professionaly dev team," though...they seem pretty damn professional as any other dev team out there.

And if you're going to bring up some sh!t about how they insulted fans, then you can tell it walkin' sister, because this conversation has been had many times before, and it doesn't change anyone's opinion regardless of what we and logic have had to say on the matter. Tl;dr - There's a very big difference between being insulted, and feeling insulted.

It may not have been a good term to use,but I was talking from what most people thought when they first saw it,not from my point of view.
Not so,I haven't heard it to have a good game released before this reboot,not so well-known to give such a franchise so they make a reboot out of it.But well,I'd personally preferred to give DMC to a more well-known and professional team rather than NT.

No,I'm not going to do that,why did you think I'd do that? ;) ...This leads me to believe many think if some have a disappointment or two they're gonna hate or argue..Hmm.

seraphmaycry

no solid way to win for either side as was said there just too many ifs and maybes though if you just take them and take away their devil trigger things maye a bit easier to judge

devil bringer and eryx seem similiar but im pretty devil bringer has more raw strength

rebellion and red queen are tottaly different but dante has all his other weapons some of which can deliver ridiculous damage (to DmC demons probably the same with nero but no certainty's)

dantes guns easily beat blue rose the worst blue rose can do to dante would be take away several chunks of health and knock him back a bit dante however has infinite aerial juggling nero literally cant escape being juggled (without DT burst) the shotgun would be near useless most of the time and kablooey stick a dart into them and they cant get it out it, simple.

their own abilities seem equal but since they never used them against in the same scenario there's no way to be sure. the eryx and devil bringer argument can't be won by either side. dante and neros dodge ar pretty similiar (dante has extra invincibility frame, i think.) they both have a double jump nero's is better for dodging though.

there's a lot of stuff i missed and there is one think you have to keep in mind if you fight a boss in dmc or DmC if you do exactly what you did last time it's possible for the outcome to be different like it or not luck IS involved and another thing nero could be a 100 times more powerful then dante but if they are fighting over a boiling pit of lava either could win considering the are. it litterally is impossible to win this or similar discussions/debates/whatevers taking everything into a account without the already messy issue of devil trigger is already impossible as luck and the arena could both change the outcome.

inset DT into the mix and well things simply get extra messy.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."

handle-the-truth.jpg

1. You have no valid proof that Donte can blitz Nero. Not only does the Angel dodge never actually shown feats outside of battles with minor demon henchmen, it doesn't even distance him enough to counter the dreamrunners. Nero at the very least could handle going toe-to-toe with Dante and take down Credo who moves at supersonic speeds all over area.

2. Lol no that never happened dude. First off Mundus in his final form looks like he's about maybe the size of a 8 story building.
Largest-homegrown-bank-in-area-becomes-part-of-Huntington-3.jpg
Second he is a demon king not a god. Just because he calls himself a god doesn't make him anywhere near godly and the fact remains he doesn't have to feats to justify such a title. Third Mundus didn't even have the size strength and mobility that the savior did. When he slams at the building Donte and Vergil2 were on it hardly even shakes from the impact. Not only that but when Donte used DT to punch him he blinded him momentarily before hitting him in the eye and with Eryx even then all he did was tumble backwards a little bit, heck he didn't even take a knee. Funny thing is when he threw Donte he didn't crash into the building rather just bounced off until Vergil2 caught him through a window.

3. No not even close. Nero very easily out muscle's Donte. Heck it isn't the same ballpark even with Eryx. Donte is surely inhuman in strength but he'd get his arms torn off if he tried to tackle Nero in a fist fight and that's a fact my friend. Just to get a multitude of feats, Nero fights Dante (who is toying with him) and he displays strength feats, speed feats, accuracy feats such as drop kicking Dante across a room then jumps back and fires a shot at him that would have tagged Dante mid-flight if he didn't block, whipping the giant stone sword, punches Dante across the room then appears right next to him punching Dante's face into a small crater in the ground, kicks the giant stone sword out of the statue's grip and ultimately getting told by Dante he underestimated Nero. Then the fact that apparently Nero's human arm isn't so weak either. As shown he does a multitude of moves that involves both arms, such as barraging with all his limbs during the Enchidna fight, ripping Chimera in half he actually uses his human arm to pull and his demon arm to hold them, and there's the scene with Santus where he beats he to a pulp with both arms then he holds him up with his human arm before one final uppercut.

One overlooked feat is when Nero puts a bunch of burning buildings out with a swing of his sword and blocks Berial's attack attack easily and over powers him without using his demon arm.

4. Donte's **** you physics might be the only thing effective here as it will make Nero mad... so I guess that's something. But just keep Kyrie away and he's just as crude :p Another thing about the Donte's DT, the time stop thing doesn't really seem to effect boss enimes rather than stopping them from performing a deadly attack. Heck when I used it on the Succubus she was still swinging at me >_> It certainly didn't slow down Vergil2 any.

seraphmaycry

1. You have no valid proof that Donte can blitz Nero. Not only does the Angel dodge never actually shown feats outside of battles with minor demon henchmen, it doesn't even distance him enough to counter the dreamrunners. Nero at the very least could handle going toe-to-toe with Dante and take down Credo who moves at supersonic speeds all over area. supersonic? im going to assume it was a exaggeration

2. Lol no that never happened dude. First off Mundus in his final form looks like he's about maybe the size of a 8 story building.
Second he is a demon king not a god. Just because he calls himself a god doesn't make him anywhere near godly and the fact remains he doesn't have to feats to justify such a title. Third Mundus didn't even have the size strength and mobility that the savior did. When he slams at the building Donte and Vergil2 were on it hardly even shakes from the impact. Not only that but when Donte used DT to punch him he blinded him momentarily before hitting him in the eye and with Eryx even then all he did was tumble backwards a little bit, heck he didn't even take a knee. Funny thing is when he threw Donte he didn't crash into the building rather just bounced off until Vergil2 caught him through a window.

3. No not even close. Nero very easily out muscle's Donte. Heck it isn't the same ballpark even with Eryx. Dante is surely inhuman in strength but he'd get his arms torn off if he tried to tackle Nero in a fist fight and that's a fact my friend fact? prove it. Just to get a multitude of feats, Nero fights Dante (who is toying with him) and he displays strength feats, speed feats, accuracy feats such as drop kicking Dante across a room then jumps back and fires a shot at him that would have tagged Dante mid-flight if he didn't block, whipping the giant stone sword, punches Dante across the room then appears right next to him punching Dante's face into a small crater in the ground, kicks the giant stone sword out of the statue's grip and ultimately getting told by Dante he underestimated Nero right because any random human can do what dante (DmC) does easily.Then the fact that apparently Nero's human arm isn't so weak either. As shown he does a multitude of moves that involves both arms, such as barraging with all his limbs during the Enchidna fight, ripping Chimera in half he actually uses his human arm to pull and his demon arm to hold them, and there's the scene with Santus where he beats he to a pulp with both arms then he holds him up with his human arm before one final uppercut.

One overlooked feat is when Nero puts a bunch of burning buildings out with a swing of his sword and blocks Berial's attack attack easily and over powers him without using his demon arm. overpowers? i dont seem to remember doing a no damage triple s never touch the ground run when i first battled him

4. Donte's **** you physics might be the only thing effective here as it will make Nero mad... so I guess that's something mad? ok go on dark souls hack in a character with maxed out vitality stat now tell me how you feel once you disable controls, even a weak enemy could turn you into a pile of ash a weak enemy and if arbiter is anything to judge by nero is going to get destroyed once he is incapable of moving. But just keep Kyrie away and he's just as crude :p Another thing about the Dante's DT, the time stop thing doesn't really seem to effect boss enimes rather than stopping them from performing a deadly attack. Heck when I used it on the Succubus she was still swinging at me >_> It certainly didn't slow down Vergil2 any. no but you did need it to finish the fight as i found out after many hours of quoting vergil about why is this not working besides if you paid attention you would notice it changes the fight anyway in different ways for each boss

there's no way either of them has clear victory for a start how do you even define power? is it strength? is it skill?is it the ability to lead? create a exact mathematical calculator for it and there';s one problem down the other being luck factors into it as well i already said when you kill a boss on dmc once that does not mean you can perform the exact same input and get the exact same result otherwise it would not be real it would be a static event that plays out for you and it will never make a proper fight

i hate nero but i still feel like neither of them has clear victory

Top Bottom