• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

TheOneGirl

Say **** you all the time?

He has some great lines in the game. You just don't know what you're talking about.
LOL Great lines? The new Dante is intended to be funny like the classic Dante...he tries to hard..The new Dante tries to get in Lilith's club but the security guy stops him saying "your not on the list" Dante upper cuts him... writing his name as F*** You.... OK..Great Dialogue

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I understand your point but this is not "bad writing" at all. This is how the character is suppose to be, just by looking how the game presents himself tell us that the protagonist is a overpowered badass (talking about the original DMC here), and he's intended to be cool and not humanly.

Then what's the point of him being half human if hes suppose to not be "humanly"? Old Dante was half human not to show that he LOOKS it, but that he can have feelings as a human.

And i don't think it can be called a "lazy habit of the japanese", look at characters like Wolwerine, Hulk, Superman, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and so on, they are overpowered too but they are cool, my personal favourite from the HQs is Wolwerine.

Don't forget Deadpool; the biggest non-death character.

At the same time we have characters like Solid Snake or Kenshin Himura (from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X) who is very human and much more realistic than these other i named. I agree with you in this point, but it's kinda limited too, Donte acts like a rebelious teenager like most people already was before, that's why people can make that "connection". But i prefer to see Dante acting in his funny way than "making a connection" with Donte.

And your entitled to that, but I prefer to laugh, cry, and actually feel like I'm going through the same issues with my video game character.

But after all, this is a trait of the half/quarter-breeds on DMC and if they would fight against Donte this has to be considered. But as i said twice: it's hard to compare because both designs were intended to different purposes and were made with very different standards.

ZeroLove

LOL Great lines? The new Dante is intended to be funny like the classic Dante...he tries to hard..The new Dante tries to get in Lilith's club but the security guy stops him saying "your not on the list" Dante upper cuts him... writing his name as F*** You.... OK..Great Dialogue

It's alright that you don't like it. I respect that. But please respect that there are people who do like it. It is alright to disagree with others, but please respect their opinion. ^^

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

It must be so fun picking out scenes that prove your point while ignoring the ones that contradict it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

So? I consider them a step up from the same old 80's party lines, and the occasional "baby" add in. I prefer to go forward with one liners and not stay in the past.

TheOneGirl

It's alright that you don't like it. I respect that. But please respect that there are people who do like it. It is alright to disagree with others, but please respect their opinion. ^^
Look...the game is ok..it had its funny moments when Virgil shot Lilith in the back , Dante said..."The F***" and Vergil smiled was hilarious to me!...Im just ****ed because Ninja Theory changed Dante on purpose because they wanted to be known for what they did and be out there...I respect you guys liking the game that's OK, but i believe Ninja Theory could of did better.. Again...When Vergil shot Lilith...i couldnt stop laughing at his face...:lol:
images

ZeroLove

Look...the game is ok..it had its funny moments when Virgil shot Lilith in the back , Dante said..."The F***" and Vergil smiled was hilarious to me!...Im just ****ed because Ninja Theory changed Dante on purpose because they wanted to be known for what they did and be out there...I respect you guys liking the game that's OK, but i believe Ninja Theory could of did better.. Again...When Vergil shot Lilith...i couldnt stop laughing at his face...:lol:
images

First of all... you miss-spelled Vergil the first time. Sorry if me pointing that out seems disrespectful, that is not the intention.

Second, you seem to be miss-informed about why Ninja Theory changed Dante. They actually made the first concepts very close to the original, but Capcom asked them to go further away from the original. Alot further. And then they slowly connected the two to make the Dante we see in DmC. Different, but still the same. Therefore, the blame for Dante being that much different from the original would be Capcom's, not Ninja Theory's.

TheOneGirl

Of course Ninja Theory changed Dante on purpose - Capcom hired them to do that >_<
Actually....CAPCOM gave the Ninja Theory the job to make a good story, to add to Devil May Cry. But no...Tameem...said Lets make the series and Dante Contemporary to the Generation Today...:/

TheOneGirl

First of all... you miss-spelled Vergil the first time. Sorry if me pointing that out seems disrespectful, that is not the intention.

Second, you seem to be miss-informed about why Ninja Theory changed Dante. They actually made the first concepts very close to the original, but Capcom asked them to go further away from the original. Alot further. And then they slowly connected the two to make the Dante we see in DmC. Different, but still the same. Therefore, the blame for Dante being that much different from the original would be Capcom's, not Ninja Theory's.
NO you have it the other way around LIKE I SAID....Tameem wanted Dmc to be contemporary to the generation TODAY! Tameem wanted DMC to be different and Capcom helped by making more similar to the classic Devil May Cry skip to 1:20 on this video..and you'll see what im saying...and yes your right about Capcom coming to Ninaj Theroy

ZeroLove

NO you have it the other way around LIKE I SAID....Tameem wanted Dmc to be contemporary to the generation TODAY! Tameem wanted DMC to be different and Capcom helped by making more similar to the classic Devil May Cry skip to 1:20 on this video..and you'll see what im saying...and yes your right about Capcom coming to Ninaj Theroy

I'm sorry, but I am right. It was officially confirmed.
Tameem and Ninja Theory re-established who Dante is to DmC AFTER Capcom asked them to change Dante.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

That interpretation of yours contradicts pretty much all the information that has ever been given on the game's production, and that interview is them talking about what they (Capcom and Ninja Theory) decided on. Capcom wanted a dev to create a DMC that both focused more on its narrative, and had a contemporary Western "Hollywood" aim to it.

Domenic93

I always did hate that in characters. Alucard was an example. Since nothing could kill him, I couldn't really care for the guy.
but that is what made Millennium such fun villains to follow (highlight to read) They (Mostly the Major) spent 40 years planning the invasion of London with an army of vampire Nazis, putting every piece in place, to predict with certainty what will happen, he has two goals to have an endless war, and to kill Alucard. the reason as he says is because while he is a man that looks like a monster, the vampire is a monster that looks like a human, something he says he cannot forgive. long story short his plan causes Alucard to no longer exist(for about 30 years)

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I'm sorry, but I am right. It was officially confirmed.
Tameem and Ninja Theory re-established who Dante is to DmC AFTER Capcom asked them to change Dante.

Actually, Capcom asked NT to help them make a Western Reboot, then asked them to do it themselves with Capcom's help.

Alex Jones of Capcom said that.

If Capcom Japan and Itsuno-San wasn't happy with with DmC they wouldn't have released it. They're the creators of the game, they know more than you. So stop complaining and enjoy the game. Its not as bad as you think it is.

Ninja Theory never gave a middle finger to the fans. They gave a middle finger to the fans who wrote death metal songs and comics about them. And that, by me is perfectly fine.

Top Bottom