• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

neubula 2010

DreadnoughtDT;249956 said:
You obviously don't see what I mean... Read my lips. I don't wanna play as Dante anymore. He's old, outdated. Keep the new guy! Nero's better, IMHO.

I agree with the idea that Nero has to be one of the main characters again in DMC5, Capcom put him there, so it's already to late, they can't just kill him off. The only thing I don't agree with is your opinion that Dante is old and outdated, most of the DMC fans complained that Dante wasn't the main character in DMC4, I don't think that's being old and oudated. Personally, I think Dante will be the hottest and the most bad-ass character in the game. Even though DMC4 focused on a new character, people still focused on Dante (I know I did!) but whatever it's your opinion. But I just think that Dante is epic and all and he's better than any newcomer. Until Nero could defeat the Prince of Darkness, then maybe he'll be in Dante's league :)

neubula 2010

Nero didn't cry throughout the WHOLE games, just like half of the time xD. I don't think it matters if Dante will be the main character again, because either way he's just gonna end up in the spotlight!!

Valdaglerion

DMC 5 should be DMC5: Nero's Story. It should clear up what we dont know about Nero. After that, the next game should be what happens after DMC 2 and the main character should be Dante again. After that, Capcom should come out with a DMC pvp game like soul calibur that uses DMC characters to fight against. thats just what I think.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Valdaglerion;262210 said:
DMC 5 should be DMC5: Nero's Story. It should clear up what we dont know about Nero. After that, the next game should be what happens after DMC 2 and the main character should be Dante again. After that, Capcom should come out with a DMC pvp game like soul calibur that uses DMC characters to fight against. thats just what I think.

I agree with everything except the fighting game DMC, unless, of course, that is going to be a spin-off and not a main part of the series.

Valdaglerion

I like the soul calibur series for a random fighting game just to play around with, and if there was one for just DMC characters that would be awesome

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Y'know now that I think about it, a DMC Soul Calibur-ish game wouldn't be too bad. I bet I'd play it. I mean, it's DMC, right?

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Long Post. Ye have been warned.

Just read through this whole thread. Usually stay away from DMC 5 wish threads with the steaming pile of crap it has become on the unity forums.

But I saw an idea I liked here so I'm gonna throw my lot in with it. As much as I didn't like the kid when I started playing, his character is interesting enough to me now to actually miss him if he didn't make a return. I'd love to see Nero and Dante both in DMC 5 for its entirety. It would be sweet if we could choose who we want to play as, or even better - do so in real time on the battlefield with the other guy following and fighting along behind you according to AI that you set for him. You'd spend orbs to unlock abilities for them both as well as AI behavior modifications. It would also open Co-op play too. So I really like that idea.

As for Vergil's return. I have basically no opinion of him, but it better make perfect sense for him to come back if they do so. And I can't think of any way for it to make sense at all without compromising what little timeline we have to cling to already. The childhood prequel was a nice idea but I don't want to see the game focus on this. I want to see it move on. But as an extra (unlockable maybe?) set of stages, it'd be pretty sweet I think. And solve a few mysteries in the meantime maybe.

Going back a bit here, but I gotta grump about it - @DT: I really hope I somehow misunderstood your handful of posts regarding those who want Dante back. It isn't stupid to want him back - he's been the hero from the start. Changing that permanently would be a very bad move, and they saw that in the knee-jerk reactions to Nero. Yes, a majority of fans want him back, and with good reason. But it doesn't make us Kobayashi's dogs. And it certainly doesn't make us less of a fan.

And neither are those who want to see Vergil back. We are all of us fans of Devil May Cry. You can't fault people for wanting to see their favorites play important roles in the next game. So what's with the insults?

As for the other stuff:
I just think they need to retcon DMC2 and forget about it already, but that's just me. Heh.
For the mystery of Nero - so much of it was explained, but only to that one demographic of fans in Japan. I think they should incorporate it into the game somehow. Maybe as a prologue, but I would not buy the game if it focused entirely on Nero again.
And no interest here in a DMC fighting game. I'm absolutely crazy about MvC3 now that Dante is in it, and Trish is awesome, and even though I'd likely still buy a DMC fighting game: I'd rather see the effort put into the series as it is.

Valdaglerion

Of course the DMC fighting game would probably be a last resort for capcom to make money off of DMC. I was thinking after they have put all they could into the series they could make the fighting game just for sh!ts n giggles.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Kittn;262240 said:
Going back a bit here, but I gotta grump about it - @DT: I really hope I somehow misunderstood your handful of posts regarding those who want Dante back. It isn't stupid to want him back - he's been the hero from the start. Changing that permanently would be a very bad move, and they saw that in the knee-jerk reactions to Nero. Yes, a majority of fans want him back, and with good reason. But it doesn't make us Kobayashi's dogs. And it certainly doesn't make us less of a fan.

I think you did misunderstand. I only wanted Nero to have the spotlight in DMC5, and MAYBE DMC6. After that they can keep Dante. I hate him, but it's the thing I have to live with...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Actually a fighting game mode or a fighting game version of DMC can easilly be made.Just like that :

a)Should they implement a VS/fighting game feature they could have the main chars + SParda unlockable for this mode.It will be the same as fighting bosses in DMC,just against players.And say...every two battles,there would be amonster battle[by that I mean an oversized Monster battle...like Bael]

or

b)Release a fighting DMC game for the PSP.It's gameplay will be the same as the DMC's main games but slightly different.The game will only feature battles.The exploring and puzzle elements will be gone.Just think of it as a Bloody pallace mode,but instead you face playable characters you can select yourslefs.Just like fighters.

Also we would have original enemies and old enemies upgraded with a Human sized DT form and a "true DT" mode[huge monsters] to spice things up.

Also Dante would be a ble to select between five styles of fighting : DMC 1,2,3,4 and custom-made from all four.The known characters could be : Nero,Sparda,Vergil,Trish,Lady,Credo,Sanctus,Agni and Rudra and some "new" guys...loke Mundus in a human sized DT form.

I would choose the second one.And this is a hasty thoguht I had just now.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;262276 said:
Actually a fighting game mode or a fighting game version of DMC can easilly be made.Just like that :

a)Should they implement a VS/fighting game feature they could have the main chars + SParda unlockable for this mode.It will be the same as fighting bosses in DMC,just against players.And say...every two battles,there would be amonster battle[by that I mean an oversized Monster battle...like Bael]

or

b)Release a fighting DMC game for the PSP.It's gameplay will be the same as the DMC's main games but slightly different.The game will only feature battles.The exploring and puzzle elements will be gone.Just think of it as a Bloody pallace mode,but instead you face playable characters you can select yourslefs.Just like fighters.

Also we would have original enemies and old enemies upgraded with a Human sized DT form and a "true DT" mode[huge monsters] to spice things up.

Also Dante would be a ble to select between five styles of fighting : DMC 1,2,3,4 and custom-made from all four.The known characters could be : Nero,Sparda,Vergil,Trish,Lady,Credo,Sanctus,Agni and Rudra and some "new" guys...loke Mundus in a human sized DT form.

I would choose the second one.And this is a hasty thoguht I had just now.

I think you should also be able to play as some of the monsters from throughout the series. Like a Blade, a Frost, a Plasma... Lots of stuff. Playing as a Plasma, I think, would be interesting because you could copy your opponents and such.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Why not?It is a fine idea.And implement a "further DT" system for the demons[the ones that already have a demonic form] to look more demonic,not just having runes run around them.Lots can be done.The limit isn't just bosses and enemies.It can be game original characters as well.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Kittn;262240 said:
Going back a bit here, but I gotta grump about it - @DT: I really hope I somehow misunderstood your handful of posts regarding those who want Dante back. It isn't stupid to want him back - he's been the hero from the start. Changing that permanently would be a very bad move

I want Dante back too but he himself has been changed permanently since DMC3. The old Dante will never come back people like his new one dimentional personality too much to ever want anything else out of him and even if he ever did most people would react like the whole series is going emo since 4 I can hear it now.
"what happened to Dante in DMC5!? he used to be so cool? stupid Nero made him go all emo"
Damn that immature word..

If Dante went back to being a bit more balanced there would be no need for Nero and I would be willing to let go of him. I am happy to admit that is never going to happen so I may as well just write Dante off.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Darth Angelo;262284 said:
I want Dante back too but he himself has been changed permanently since DMC3. The old Dante will never come back people like his new one dimentional personality too much to ever want anything else out of him and even if he ever did most people would react like the whole series is going emo since 4 I can hear it now.
"what happened to Dante in DMC5!? he used to be so cool? stupid Nero made him go all emo"
Damn that immature word..

If Dante went back to being a bit more balanced there would be no need for Nero and I would be willing to let go of him. I am happy to admit that is never going to happen so I may as well just write Dante off.

Holy crap you just said what I've never been able to put into words. Thank you...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^If Koba goes on with the same logic...yup!Kiss DMC 1 Dante good bye for good.It will be a pity.I seriously wonder wwhat made him change his mind.BASARA was a fujoshi based series that happened to have a huge male audience[it's actually on par with the fujoshi one] but with DMC it's nothing like that.It's aimed at gamers in general not just one of the sexes.The fact he focused in doing a fujoshi game is sad and rageworthy.

I hope he really changes his mind...or else...I'll seriously go there and teach him hell.ALONE![If others come with me,they'll stop me half way due to the horrors they'll witness.]

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Which is horrible, because DMC1 Dante was awesome. Like DA said, if Dante went back to his roots, I would have no problem letting go of Nero. Although I would be kind of p*ssed that I would no longer have the Devil Bringer...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Koba can easily go back to the DMC1 roots.He was part of it.As much as Kamiya and Mikami were,he was too.It's not just luck that he got to be the leader of the DMC team.He can.Yet he trolls us.That's it.And he can do while upgrading the devil bringer to make it even more awesome.He can.And he should never let go of Nero...unless we're talking about a prequel.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;262354 said:
^Koba can easily go back to the DMC1 roots.He was part of it.As much as Kamiya and Mikami were,he was too.It's not just luck that he got to be the leader of the DMC team.He can.Yet he trolls us.That's it.And he can do while upgrading the devil bringer to make it even more awesome.He can.And he should never let go of Nero...unless we're talking about a prequel.

Knowing Koba, after he saw the fan backlash about Nero, Nero's not coming back. Which is sad, really, as there is much that needs to be explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom