• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitch_Blak

Lose yourself in darkness
If Capcom decides to create Devil May Cry 5, it'll be "custom-tailored to what fans want", the Japanese company has said.

In particular Capcom wants the potential game to be well-received by the media, global head of R&D Keiji Inafune told VideoGamer.com at E310 last week.

Rumour that a fifth game in the action slasher series is in the works has been rife in recent months.

In April US game mag Game Informer claimed Heavenly Sword developer Ninja Theory was set to work on a new Devil May Cry game.

While Infanue refused to comment on the rumour, he did insist that the Devil May Cry series was popular enough to continue.

"Yes, there are a lot of fans of the Devil May Cry series," he said. "We need to look at them, analyse what they want in a game, what they don't want in a game, and then take that into account for if we are going to create a future title, and see if there is something we can create that is going to overcome their expectations, as well as create a title that's going to get a lot of critical acclaim and be reviewed quite well.

"We don't just want to come at it and just say, oh it's a popular series, let's make a sequel. We want to say, let's make a sequel that's going to be custom-tailored to what the fans want, and on top of that, prove that, again, it's a great game, it's a fun game, it's got lasting appeal, and it's going to be particularly well-liked by the media as well."

http://www.videogamer.com/news/capcom_wants_dmc5_to_be_tailored_to_what_fans_want.html

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Goddammit. I bet this means the stupid and unneeded return of Vergil, and the throwaway of Nero. Just when the series was taking a turn I liked as well...

Pitch_Blak

Lose yourself in darkness
I didn't mind Nero, personally, but I would prefer a return of focus to Dante.

The inclusion of Vergil would be the icing on the cake. :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think Vergil has had his time, though. If they bring him back, it'll be just for the sake of bringing him back. He has no purpose anymore. And please don't say "Well he needs Yamato back" because that sword is Nero's now.

And I think Nero is a much better character than Dante, to be honest. And if the series goes back to focusing on Dante, we'll never know anything about Nero's past. I think there should be at LEAST one more game with Nero, THEN it can go back to Dante. Or better yet, a two disc deal like DMC2, one with Dante, one with Nero. Except this time, NO revisiting the same areas, NO repeat bosses, and the same number of missions.

Not saying you can't have your own opinion though. Just thought I'd give mine.

aka958

Don't trust people
How about this? A dmc where they focus on Nero's story, through Dante's perspective! :cool:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You obviously don't see what I mean... Read my lips. I don't wanna play as Dante anymore. He's old, outdated. Keep the new guy! Nero's better, IMHO.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Drakkar;249958 said:
DT
I cant believe yo betray the spardas family >_<

You can't believe that I have my own opinion?

And betrayal? Seriously? I don't think it's THAT serious of an offense.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I don't want to see Vergil return, the DMC4 Novel ruined the whole idea of him coming back (well for me anyway)

Vergil'sB*tch;249965 said:
I don't want to see Vergil return, the DMC4 Novel ruined the whole idea of him coming back (well for me anyway)

:O VBBBBB >_<
excuse me ...Im gonna die :dry:

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;249956 said:
You obviously don't see what I mean... Read my lips. I don't wanna play as Dante anymore. He's old, outdated. Keep the new guy! Nero's better, IMHO.

I obviously do... See the emoticon? Thought so...
I can't read lips nor can I see yours.

Watch what terms you use towards me. I may be more cheery, but I'm still defensive.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;249980 said:
I obviously do... See the emoticon? Thought so...
I can't read lips nor can I see yours.

Watch what terms you use towards me. I may be more cheery, but I'm still defensive.

*sigh* Sorry. Sorry. You're the second person I've had to apologize to now...

And I thought you were being serious. Heck, maybe you were and you missed my point, or I missed yours. I don't know.

EDIT: It's just that, if it's tailored to what the "fans" (aka Kobatroll's slavering dogs) want, we'll get a crappy story, have Vergil back for no good reason, and Nero will probably die in the opening cutscene. Some people wouldn't care. I definitely would.

aka958

Don't trust people
Hence what I said DT. It was a way to make the majority of fans pleased in having Dante through the whole game.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The majority of fans are quite stupid then... But if they want a crappy game, let them have it. I won't even touch the case, let alone buy it and play it.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU----

KEIJI HIMSELF STEPS IN???????Holy CrAPS?

Anyway,this is a great find.Thanks Pitch_Blak.I'll also take Keiji-san's silence as a "no",personally.This guy's silence is the complete opossite of Nomura's laughs : it is a "set-in-stone" answer of no contrary to Nomura's "mysterious" yes + extras in his laugh.

It's good to know that it has been confirmed to be in development though.If it is going to be tailored for fans I expect a solution,right in the middle...something that resembles Super Dante's idea a bit : A two disk system,one for Nero and one for Dante and Vergil will probably come back[the fans want him back...and moreso the fangirls/fujoshi].And if the game does exceed their sell counter I can easily predict a three disk special version of it,with Vergil playable.

...Well,at least that's me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;249992 said:
It's good to know that it has been confirmed to be in development though.If it is going to be tailored for fans I expect a solution,right in the middle...something that resembles Super Dante's idea a bit : A two disk system,one for Nero and one for Dante and Vergil will probably come back[the fans want him back...and moreso the fangirls/fujoshi].And if the game does exceed their sell counter I can easily predict a three disk special version of it,with Vergil playable.

...Well,at least that's me.

Am I seriously the only fan that DOESN'T want Vergil back? Ugh... Never mind, it's a lost cause to argue. People will just flame me anyway.

But, it's better than what I imagine what will happen. I.E. Vergil coming back for no good reason and Nero dying in the opening cutscene. I'd buy a two disc game. Hell, if there's a third disk with Vergil in it, I'll buy it. I won't expect any miracles with the story though.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
If this doesn't have a good story,the fans will flame Capcom so hard it's gonna be over for them.There is already an uproar from Eu and US fans for the extreme YAOI tones that the "translated"[read : absolutely NOT in the original text at all] titles and dialogues the game has...f*ck!

And don't worry,DT many others don't want Vergil back.That's why I said that,"in the middle".My brother FE is a Dante fan,doesn't like Nero and thinks Vergil was good only in 3 and never wants him back again.I think the twins are awesome,Vergil needs to come back and Nero should become a proper main as well.See?And each and every other fan on the site have their own opinions.Just because fans of the game want Vergil back,it doesn't mean that all the fans want him back.The fujoshi do because they can't live without the "twincest" crap.Ew!

Meg

*comes to DT's aid* I'm worried about this. The fans want Dante and Vergil, so if Capcom just gives them what they want the already confusing story will get even worse. It will basically be a fan fiction :dry: I think I said this before, but I want *raises voice so Capcom can hear* DMC5 to be about Nero going on an adventure to find out about his arm and past and such which leads him to Hell where he meets up with DMC2 Dante. It then shows their escape. Nero's story is done. DMC6 is the sequel to 2 and focuses on Dante with Nero in there as a NPC, or maybe even as an unlockable character. I feel like that will make the most sense as it will tie all the games together.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;250057 said:
*comes to DT's aid* I'm worried about this. The fans want Dante and Vergil, so if Capcom just gives them what they want the already confusing story will get even worse. It will basically be a fan fiction :dry: I think I said this before, but I want *raises voice so Capcom can hear* DMC5 to be about Nero going on an adventure to find out about his arm and past and such which leads him to Hell where he meets up with DMC2 Dante. It then shows their escape. Nero's story is done. DMC6 is the sequel to 2 and focuses on Dante with Nero in there as a NPC, or maybe even as an unlockable character. I feel like that will make the most sense as it will tie all the games together.

Thank you. See, this is the point I'm trying to drive across.

We should all e-mail Capcom at the same time and give them this message that we won't stand for a half-assed game with a half-assed story. We want completion, dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom