• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't follow. Do you mean you want to make a piece of text or an image the link rather than posting the full address, or is it something else? If it is that then there is an option on the text editor with options. That chain is to turn something into a link. Highlight what you want to turn into a link, click the chain, input the URL and there you go.

If it's something else just PM one of us, anyone, and we'll help you out with it.
That was it. Sorry if the way I worded it was confusing.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey guys!
I'm still (sorta) lurking about whenever I get the time to do so. Something very worrying was said recently by @LordOfDarkness and I was hoping you could elaborate/explain what was meant by it:

''These are rules and guidelines we have stuck to and whether you view us as doing our jobs competently or not it is not in the slightest bit any of your business or anyone else's for that matter.''

My honest question to this is, if, say I was caught in a scenario where I was being bullied and threatened by another member here, and I reported them and was told they've been given x, y, and z warnings/talks to, yet they continue to harass me: who do I go to if the moderators say they've already dealt with it? I mean does that mean you're going to wring your hands and say 'sorry, we've done all we can' and just leave it to continue?

I'm just putting this forth as a possible scenario, anything and everything else going on on the forum right now being irrelevant to the topic. It's concerning that this is the type of attitude the mods will adapt, regardless if a situation has been resolved or not. I'm presuming this was said in the heat of the moment but it doesn't make less of an impact. So could you please clarify this to me?

Ps. I debated taking this to private messages but that would run the risk that someone else would have taken the wrong message home (as I have). It would be nice to know that the mods have the best interests of all the members at heart, and I believed this was the case up until that statement was made.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Dante's Stalker: Allow me to clarify my point. It was actually more in relation to Lord Nero's point which was "I don't see why members are made into moderators" and furthermore how he views us as being biased. So you see what I was really meaning by that statement I made was -

'It's not really in anybody's right to question why we were made moderators. Because there are reasons as to why we were picked. Your view as to whether we are competent of our position or not should in no way be a reflection as to why we shouldn't be moderators'.

You could say I put it in more of a heated tone. But it's in no way meant to sound like what you took from it. Hope this clears up your question?

Meg

Hey guys!
I'm still (sorta) lurking about whenever I get the time to do so. Something very worrying was said recently by @LordOfDarkness and I was hoping you could elaborate/explain what was meant by it:

My honest question to this is, if, say I was caught in a scenario where I was being bullied and threatened by another member here, and I reported them and was told they've been given x, y, and z warnings/talks to, yet they continue to harass me: who do I go to if the moderators say they've already dealt with it? I mean does that mean you're going to wring your hands and say 'sorry, we've done all we can' and just leave it to continue?

I'm just putting this forth as a possible scenario, anything and everything else going on on the forum right now being irrelevant to the topic. It's concerning that this is the type of attitude the mods will adapt, regardless if a situation has been resolved or not. I'm presuming this was said in the heat of the moment but it doesn't make less of an impact. So could you please clarify this to me?

Ps. I debated taking this to private messages but that would run the risk that someone else would have taken the wrong message home (as I have). It would be nice to know that the mods have the best interests of all the members at heart, and I believed this was the case up until that statement was made.
LoD already addressed this, but I would like to add something.

If anyone is being bullied, don't hesitant to PM me or any other member of the staff. I understand that sometimes the situation is too difficult to sum up while reporting a post. I don't take too kindly to bullying or threats of any kind. So if we say that we talked to/disciplined the person, but they haven't stopped, please let us know.

This is a purely hypothetical situation, right? Because if something happened to you or a friend and you feel the response from staff wasn't adequate, please send me a PM about it. :eek:

Back me up on this, Dante!

Dante: Whatever she said, double!
sjNWlk4.gif

.....................Thanks, Dante. That was helpful. :cautious:

berto

I Saw the Devil
So like, is that Lord Nero guy gonna leave me alone? I haven't done anything.

I went to greet a new member, and suddenly found myself being painted as public enemy number one.
Lord Nero seems to have left for now. I'm sorry you got pinned and I'm rather afraid that the guy who signed up might not be coming back because of that spout. Why don't you add him to your ignore list, you will save yourself so much headache by doing that.

Dark Drakan

Admin

LoD already clarified this in his post and anyone who feels bullied or threatened should ALWAYS bring it to our attention and we will take action. If a member has been warned for an incident then they do something else then bring it to our attention again. However its unfair to punish a member multiple times for the same offence, hopefully they learn from the first warnings/bans etc and do not repeat it again. We always have the best interest of the community and its members at heart.

So like, is that Lord Nero guy gonna leave me alone? I haven't done anything.

I went to greet a new member, and suddenly found myself being painted as public enemy number one.

He has been banned for good, its unfair in the manner in which he singled out certain members to have some personal problem with so he has been removed from the forums.

Very important question to all staff:

Do you guys like cookies/biscuits? If so, what're your favorite kinds? ^^

What? Sweets are important.... >_>

I love Custard Creams, Chocolate Digestives and Chocolate Malted milk.

do any of you guys have twins?

My sisters are twins.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Does Ebony and Ivory count?

@Chancey289: As Dark Drakan has already made clear he has been permanently banned. It seemed as though he couldn't quite get over his personal issues with you and a few other members here. I did try reasoning with him and raised the point that I don't see his 'personal selection of forum baddies' running around slandering his name. But of course it was merely like talking to a wall. Hm, no, I would rather talk to a wall.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Some years ago we were expecting twins but sadly they didn't make it. I myself am not part of a twin and neither is Steve.
Very important question to all staff:

Do you guys like cookies/biscuits? If so, what're your favorite kinds? ^^

What? Sweets are important.... >_>
Bourbon creams, oreos, those weird little Korean panda things filled with chocolate, party rings, orange creams, rich tea, mcvities caramel filled chocolate digestives and viscount biscuits.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
To all new staff members who I first met prior to being one:

What were your reasons to become DMC.org staff? Please explain too.

KRSkull

I have a question regarding one of the rules. Just to be clear i have nothing against the rules. i would just like to understand it more

Its about this rule and to be more spicific its about the part in blue.

Double-posting" is a no-no. Please wait an appropriate amount of time before replying to your own topic.

Meg

I have a question regarding one of the rules. Just to be clear i have nothing against the rules. i would just like to understand it more

Double-posting" is a no-no. Please wait an appropriate amount of time before replying to your own topic.
Excellent question! I say give it a full 24 hours. This doesn't apply to threads for art, fiction, or RPs of course. :thumbsup:

I suppose it would make more sense for the staff to agree on an exact amount of time instead of leaving up to interpretation.

This is the first step on my path to world domination. Mwahaha! :wink:

Dark Drakan

Admin

Steve asked and I said ok (after some convincing).

We dont mind double posting if you are adding news/updates to a thread (though be better to edit previous post with new info if there is very short time difference) but replying to multiple quotes all in separate posts is a no no and also purposely double posting shortly after a previous post merely to 'bump' threads etc.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was asked, thought about, almost said no, and then I agreed because I get to enforce rules and if I see someone acting a fool now I can do something about it. Before all you could do was say it to them or at most report people. It's a matter of authority, the capacity to 'keep the peace' is paramount, especially in something as stormy as a video game forum where opinions reign supreme and no one's, except oneself's, is right. Been the adult sucks and sometimes I fail at it but for the most part it turned out to not be that different from what I was doing before.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Well I was asked if I wanted to become a moderator here, same as Meg and berto were. I mulled over the thought and decided to accept the staff position because I wanted to be capable of helping out here more.

Top Bottom