• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

The Final Offer

tumblr_m6pa2iJ0dP1rzub40o1_500.gif

Now what do we have here? A place to go when you want help...

Fine then. I'll ask the questions most won't dare.

Question 1: "How are you fine gentlemods today?"
Question 2: "How about those donations?"
Question 3: "Will you mods accept my apologies in advance?"
Question 4: "I have a problem, will you gentlemods assist me?"
Question 5: "What does a member, that has donated, gain from donating?"
Question 6: "Is it leniency?"
Question 7: "How about the new moderators?"
Question 8: "What can a member do to ignore a mod not being a mod but being himself/herself?"
Question 9: "What if a member had the new mod on ignore beforehand (for reasons)?"
Question 10: "What if now that mod is abusing it's power to undermine the member's request to leave him/her alone?"
Question 11: "What if said member goes to other mods for aid in this situation?"
Question 12: "If accused of wrongdoing, but not intentionally doing it, is it innocent until proven guilty?"
Question 13: "Or is it mod guilty until proven innocent?"
Question 14: "Or maybe mod guilty without solid grounds?"
Question 15: "If a member doesn't officially make it clear what their focus is in a post, can a mod be the judge of said member's actions?"
Question 16: "If a mod suspects said member of ill intent, can that mod give out punishments?"
Question 17: "What are the mod precautions if one mod is being criticized for misbehavior?"
Question 18: "What if said mod is proven guilty?"
Question 19: "What precautions would be taken?"
Question 20: "Would said mod, be punished as any other member of this community?"
Question 21: "Have any of you considered getting a public ignore button for mods?"
Question 22: "Do you believe a public ignore button for mods will solve the defects of mods here?"
Question 23: "How many warnings can mods get?"
Question 24: "Who determines the punishment of mods?"
Question 25: "After warnings, can a mod be banned?"

Meg

@The Final Offer I don't know the history behind you and berto. Please send me a PM so you can properly explain your side. You can always add DD and/or Angel too, so the admins are aware. I think before we go any further, we need to be brought up to speed on what exactly happened between the two of you. Thanks. Hope we can get this sorted out.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@The Final Offer

Every member should they choose to is able to come to any and all staff members to speak about any matters or issues they desire. Though this may be the case we are not always going to side with you if we believe that you yourself are in the wrong. Then again the same works both ways and if we do see your side of things to be right then we'll take the necessary actions to sort your problem out.

It's within our right to make our own personal assessment of any members posts or content. That would mean that it's more a case of members making their posts as clear as possible to convey the appropriate message they intended. Therefore we are not really held accountable for completely misjudging posts, if members hold up their end by doing their best to get their initial points across in a clear, non-offensive manner.

In regards to whether mods get punished the same as any other member of the community, the answer is quite simple really. Moderators, who were once members beforehand anyway, always remain as members here who can be punished and dealt with the same as any and all members.

Members of this forum who gain three warnings get either temp-banned or depending on the situation permanently banned. As for moderators, we are inclined to follow rules and understand procedures better. So should our actions be at fault we would be expected to know better. Therefore I could not say three warnings as standard.

I was tempted to say admins would be responsible for handling/dealing with a mod's behaviour, but thinking over it I would say it's the responsibility of all staff members in general. It'd be dealt with, discussed at length and decided upon by all of the staff to determine a mods punishment. As most situations and scenarios, especially one concerning a staff member who is in the wrong, usually do require all other staff to act upon it.

To look at whether a mod could/should be banned would honestly depend on their behavior overall. If that means they've behaved unnecessarily, irrationally and irresponsibly to the point where we think they deserve to not only be stripped of their position as a moderator but to also be banned, then yes I would say that it could happen. Despite its improbability.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hey guys! ^^

So, just going to ask what many others are wondering--what happened to the forums, and where did the entire weekend's worth of posting go? o_O

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey guys! ^^

So, just going to ask what many others are wondering--what happened to the forums, and where did the entire weekend's worth of posting go? o_O

Guessing it was a server issue, usually is when this sort of thing happens.

How do i disable getting an email everytime someone post a comment in a thread i posted in?

Normally means you are set to "watch" the thread, go into profile and select watched threads and remove it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If I may ask, was/is there a thread of how you were or got into the Devil May Cry series?

There have been several threads revolving around this particular subject. However there are none currently. I would suggest making a topic yourself if you wish to find out other people's stories and share your own. Your best bet is to post in the Devil May Cry General Discussion section of the forums.

Meg

Why is updating old threads instead of opening new ones treating the same topic not allowed?
I'll take this one. :thumbsup:

Bumping an old thread isn't okay because you're responding to people who have long since left the forums. The conversation died out. Even if some of the people involved are still around, restarting a dead topic is just silly. Imagine having a conversation with a group of friends, and then a year later trying to restart the conversation where you left off a year ago. It wouldn't make sense,

So we'd rather you make a new thread instead of digging through threads that are several years old. It also keeps the forums healthy and growing if new threads are always popping up rather than old ones getting pumped. Plus, it's a lot easier to jump into a thread with only two pages, rather than one with fifty. Shifting through old posts to see where the conversation is at is a pain. It's much easier to just make a new thread. :happy:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
1. Good looks
2. Lots of cash
3. Political endorsement
4. Friendship with the ticket people at Disney World (so you can get in for free)

Dang, I don't have any of those. Unless a dollar counts as lots of cash. :eek:

--

Okay, silly question: what's you guys' favorite types of pizza?
Serious question: what's the hardest part of your job?

Meg

Dang, I don't have any of those. Unless a dollar counts as lots of cash. :eek:

--

Okay, silly question: what's you guys' favorite types of pizza?
Serious question: what's the hardest part of your job?
*endorses Shadow* There, now you have one. :D

Also, I forgot to mention that what it's not required *per se* it is strongly encouraged that all potential mods have bullfighting experience.

Pizza with extra pizza is my favorite. :wink: Seriously though, I love meatball pizza. Also really like it topped with tomatoes, onions, and black olives. Hell yeaaaaah.

And the hardest part of my job is hiding the bodies. :ninja:

Top Bottom