• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

KRSkull

Trophy points kind of remind me of PS3 Trophies (And Xbox achievements) though they don't exactly 'give' you anything - like super human powers, or whatnot. They're a nice little incentive for members in terms of say, reaching post count milestones, receiving a vast amount of likes or even just a nice thank you for staying a member here for a long period of time.

Well then i have a suggestion. How about we have a shop? where we can go and spend our point (Trophies) on name colors (beside the four main colors which are Blue, Green, Gold and Red), buy badges that will be shown under our username for ourselves or we can gift them to other members, and we can use them to send virtual hugs to other members.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Please refrain from trying to get...Oh wait, you said fudge. Well that's fudging fine then you fudging piece of fudge ;)

I think the real questions are

1. Do you want a hug?

2. Do you really need a hug?

3. Do you deserve a hug?

and lastly

4. Do you want a small hug or a full grope? Because I can provide you with neither as this is a forum and I'm only able to provide you with virtual affection as an oppose to physical affection.
Fudging hug me you magnificent creature. GROUP HUG!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@KRSkull: Thanks for the suggestions, they're always welcome. I'd say that it would have to come down to the capabilities of the forum software.

I'd just like to point out that there are currently various colours for usernames (Normal members, gold supporters and staff members) So I'd say that adding even more colours into the mix might make things more confusing as there is already different colours for different types of members. And we wouldn't want to make things too confusing for everybody.

I do like the badge idea. We had this once before. Like I said though it comes down to what the software is capable of achieving, as @Dark Drakan has said before "we only have the certain tools to do what we can".

@Chancey289: Okay, I give *Bear hug*

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
*sigh* Did I really just get reported over nothing again? Apparently because I called someone a "DmC hater"? For one, I didn't do that.

Two, I just think that sounds silly myself. If I wanted to insult someone, I'd actual do it and make it burn. (I'm not gonna do anything mods lol. I'm being a good boy. Just saying)

Three, anybody else find that kinda silly that something like that is crossing a line and considered an insult in the first place?

Apparently
33861-seriousgames.jpg

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
*sigh* Did I really just get reported over nothing again? Apparently because I called someone a "DmC hater"? For one, I didn't do that.

Two, I just think that sounds silly myself. If I wanted to insult someone, I'd actual do it and make it burn. (I'm not gonna do anything mods lol. I'm being a good boy. Just saying)

Three, anybody else find that kinda silly that something like that is crossing a line and considered an insult in the first place?

Apparently
33861-seriousgames.jpg
You did heavily imply it by saying ''It's you people who always think it's some battle here.'' Implying I think it's always some battle between DmC and DMC, i.e. hating. And I don't know what you meant by ''you people'', but I don't like it. I don't like generalizations either. You have done this in the past, making passive-aggressive statements to act like you aren't being aggressive. Sorry, but the word aggressive is right there in the word passive-aggressive itself.

If you didn't mean to imply I'm a hater, then I will accept your *sincere* apologies should you want to supply sincere apologies. I'll do that in the interest of the forum. But know this, I don't take kindly to personal attacks.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Please guys, enough is enough already. This isn't the place to express your feelings towards things either of you may or may not have said. There are other places for that outside of this thread as this is to ask staff members questions. Thanks.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Please guys, enough is enough already. This isn't the place to express your feelings towards things either of you may or may not have said. There are other places for that outside of this thread as this is to ask staff members questions. Thanks.
You're right, and don't worry, I was going to keep it to *one* reply to Chancey's comment.
Sorry if that was wrong of me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well then i have a suggestion. How about we have a shop? where we can go and spend our point (Trophies) on name colors (beside the four main colors which are Blue, Green, Gold and Red), buy badges that will be shown under our username for ourselves or we can gift them to other members, and we can use them to send virtual hugs to other members.

We had this type of idea before but unsure what tools we have with new software but could "maybe" be considered I think if enough demand. We are always open to suggestions.

Do you have a favorite video game character or characters?

Can't really say I do, I rarely have a favourite overall anything (band/movie/game etc) as it changes depending on mood etc or what I've been listening to, watching or playing at the time. People have probably noticed my changing avatars/sigs throughout my time here using such characters as Jackie Estacado (The Darkness), John Marston, Bigby Wolf etc.

How do you guys feel about holidays? ^^

As in time away from work or actual holidays that are taken in other countries?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Any kind of holiday. ^^ Though I am mainly thinking of Christmas, at this exact moment. ^^;

I like Christmas, good excuse to drink early in the day & eat all kinds of things throughout the day & use the excuse "It's ok it's Christmas." It seems to have crept up on me this year though & severely unprepared & lack of free time & cash isn't helping. Will be happy to start being able to afford more parts for my new PC after Christmas is over though.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What does it mean when it says robots are among the forum? Is the hostile A.I. takeover happening before our very eyes already? Should we get John Connor?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
What does it mean when it says robots are among the forum? Is the hostile A.I. takeover happening before our very eyes already? Should we get John Connor?
Fret not! 'Robots' are search engine indexers or 'spiders' sent out by Google, Bing, Santa, etc., which scope out the forum (and virtually everything else on the 'net) and send back the necessary info to get stuff indexed in the search engines' ever-growing catalogue of lolcat sites and Rick Astley videos.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Fret not! 'Robots' are search engine indexers or 'spiders' sent out by Google, Bing, Santa, etc., which scope out the forum (and virtually everything else on the 'net) and send back the necessary info to get stuff indexed in the search engines' ever-growing catalogue of lolcat sites and Rick Astley videos.
Spiders? Robot spiders?!

Top Bottom