• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armored Core: Liberty's Calling

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Acknowledging the private channel, Duoss replied: It was a complete accident. It wasn't meant to happen like this. I truly am sorry. As rough and menacing as his voice was, it had a hint of truth in it.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz sighed, "Well...that's all I wanted to know for now. Thank you..." Maiden finally took off behind the others.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Looks like we're all set then...After you, Duoss."
Angelus spoke softly, there was a hint of nervousness in his voice, he knew full well that given the history between Duoss and Anubis, this could never end well.

Anubis' thrusters fired up, taking him along at a steady pace with the others.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just then, three blips appeared on Crow's radar.

Warning: Three AC's incoming. They are NEXTS. One of them is... Nine-Ball.

"Lovely. Guys, we have trouble."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Got it...Nine-Ball?! Oh this'll be fun! I've been waiting for this for quite some time, Anubis, just for funzies, chances of success please?"

The feminine voice of Anubis' AI flared into life.

Analysis: With our current upgrades, not including the Vector Cannon addition, success rate stands at 90%, with the five of us fighting at once, we are assured victory.

"Just what I like to hear...Son of a bitch is going to pay for what he did to Harper, slowly and very painfully."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz sighed, "So Tempest already showed up too, eh? I never met Harper, but hope for your sake that we can avenge him."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Everyone's comms crackled to life as Nine-Ball came in range.

Nice to meet everyone. So, the kid and the other guy are Harper's replacements? They look like crap. And the big guy isn't much better.

Duoss moved to the side a bit so as to look at Nine-Ball. You arrogant little... Learn some respect! Angelus, Crow, Zazz, Drake, let's blow them out of the sky!

Crow turned Rain Storm around and activated his gatling guns. "That's my line." He said to Duoss as he opened fire.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Nine-Ball...Arrogant as ever I see, you remember me I'm sure."

"Ahh! The guy I blew out of the sky last time! I'm amazed you're still alive, back for more are ya? Give it a minute and I'll do the same thing again, only this time I'll finish the job!"

Angelus broke out laughing, barely able to contain himself.

"Alright then! Just what I like to hear, you know what, I'll give you a free shot, throw whatever you want at me!"

"You'll regret giving me the chance!"

Nine-Ball's CANOPUS cannon lit up like a Christmas Tree, readying itself to fire a high energy burst. The shot was released, energy crackling, curling and spiralling through the air until it hit Anubis' chest clean on. Plasma fire enveloped the sky, engulfing Anubis and making it impossible to see.

The plasma cleared, Anubis hovered in the middle of the cloud, unmoved and unharmed, Nine-Ball was gobsmacked.

"Wh-What?! How did you sur-"

He was cut short as Anubis faded out of view, the trademark thunderclap of it's Zero Shift drive cracked through the air, it reappeared behind Nine-Ball's NEXT, Anubis' tail whipped out, gripping the NEXT around the waist, Nine-Ball was no match for the twice overdone upgrades installed, and along with the upgrades fitted in Crow, Nine-Ball was as good as dead.

Anubis' arms shot out, gripping Nine-Ball's, his right arm clamped down on the NEXT's left, crushing it's CANOPUS cannon under the mighty grip, leaving it utterly helpless and unable to do a thing. Angelus opened up comms with Crow.

"I've got the worthless son of a bitch here, he's harmless, pathetic really...Wanna fill him full of lead? Or shall I spear him through the chest? Alternatively you could unleash everything you have whilst I fire up the Vector Cannon and we murder him as brutally as he murdered Harper, what do ya say?!"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Rain Storm hovered over, extending the blades from his wrists, he began to stab, but stopped short. "Let him go. He's learned his lesson."

Duoss couldn't believe what he heard. Are you serious? You're just going to let him go? The one who killed your ally?

"Yeah. It's senseless revenge, and what good will killing him do? He can't fight already. Leave him to sputter and probably fall and crash. I don't care."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Let him go?! After what he did to Harper?!" Angelus yelled, an obvious dose of seething rage tainted his voice.

Anubis released Nine-Ball from his grip, the damaged and wounded NEXT began to fly away, a glimmer of hope as the pilot attempted to grab onto life...

Only to have it snatched away, the bulky frame gripped it's spear, stabbing it clean through the chest of Nine-Ball's NEXT, Anubis' left arm gripped it's head, ripping it from the Core's torso, Nine-Ball screamed, begging for mercy.

"Please! Oh god let me go! Don't kill me!"

"You expect me to show you mercy? Mercy that you didn't even consider granting Harper? Pathetic...Hypocritical even...You'll burn, just like he did."

Anubis crushed the NEXT's head unit before kicking the body away, launching it backwards, Anubis lifted its arm, crimson red energy crackled from the plasma cannons implanted inside it, much like the CANOPUS cannon, the energy was released, crackling, spinning and burning through the air, it collided with what remained of Nine-Ball's NEXT, obliterating it in a hellish red fire.

Anubis and Angelus spoke as one, the eerie, robotic, feminine voice in tandem with the calm, collected human one.

"I was created...To destroy."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz' eyes grew wide, "Amazing..." Maiden slowly backed away from the scene, taking no part in the fight at all.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow's jaw dropped, he couldn't believe what Angelus did. "Angelus you fool! Don't you have morals?!"

Duoss boosted forward, sliding next to Rain Storm. Angelus, that was uncharacteristically cruel of you. Are you okay?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's an intermittent program that I have no control over. I seem to have been built with it. Again, I'm sorry. It was never meant to cause pain. Duoss looked again at Anubis, which was still sparking from the attack it used. Angelus, we should pull out. You obviously have lost basic reasoning.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
The pain steadily grew worst. More so than the last time. Zazz began to grunt under the pain, "I...don't...think it's...actually you...this time..."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Again Angelus and Anubis spoke as one.

"In war, morals are meaningless, there is such a fine line between life and death...Those that were killing are moments later dead themselves."

Anubis span round, facing the other two NEXT units, it held its arm out again, the crackling crimson energy leapt fourth, eager for another kill. The plasma split in two, each new strand diverting itself towards one of the NEXT cores, obliterating each in the same fiery red inferno that their leader had just moments earlier been consumed by.

"Pull out? Why would we pull out? We are decimating the very foes you wish destroyed, is this not what you wanted, dear Duoss?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know why, but... Something in my programming says that... That was just wrong.

Crow furrowed his brow. "You aren't Angelus anymore, are you?" He said coldly. "Stop killing people without good reason, Anubis." He looked at Zazz. "Zazz, we need as much help as possible to stop him. He's not Angelus. Not anymore."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Oh god! My head! Aaahh!" Angelus screamed, breaking away from the influence of Anubis for just long enough.

You knew this would happen, Angel, yet still you fight it, surrender yourself to my will... The feminine AI laughed an eerie, unnatural, robotic laugh.

"I didn't think it would happen this soon...Crow...Help me, please..." Angelus whispered, almost at the point of tears, he was racked with agony, pressure built up in his head, to the stage where it felt like it was going to explode.

"Anubis' back...There's a power coupling...Linked to the AI core...Try and remove it, Anubis' AI should be shut off...Hurry, please...AHHH!"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz sighed, "Maiden. Initiate program Alpha."

Are you sure, Zazz. The end effect...has an 89.3% chance of killing you.

"Just do it. I won't initiate program Omega until we're completely done with Tempest and Duoss."

As you wish.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Rain Storm took advantage of Anubis being distracted as he ran around back and thrust his AC's fist into the back. Not taking any chances, he ripped out a few wires.

Duoss scoffed. There's no chance it can be that easy.

Top Bottom