• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armored Core: Liberty's Calling

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
((Anyone who decides to join this after it's started, please do PM first.))

It is the year 2134. To compete with the emerging Armored Core technology, several corporations began manufacturing more powerful MTs that would take the battlefield in massive numbers. Ranging in many different sizes, purposes and powers, these MTs began to rival the strength of even some of the most famous ACs and their pilots. Due to the sudden loss in active and willing pilots, Ravens’ Nest put the ultimate project underway; the idea of creating powerful ACs that were non-piloted craft. They would be directed by extremely well produced Artificial Intelligences created by means of organic components and the best in robotic technology, receiving orders via radio communications, and would be precise and merciless in carrying out orders.

Although the plan worked at first, seemingly wiping out any encounter of MTs, and in some cases, other human-piloted Cores, the AI controlled ACs began resisting the controls of Ravens’ Nest, and any other corporation that was willing to pay for one, and they were immediately shut down. After the incident, the hope of reworking the plan for the better was put to the test on Arms Fortresses, but still, the plan failed, as even the gigantic weapon platforms became independent. Soon, these new hybrids were stored away as well, never to be reawakened.

However…these new ACs and AFs had gained a certain amount of intelligence on their own, realizing their masters would turn on them, and in secret, the machines managed to create fail-safes in the hopes that, if they were one day shutdown, the hybrid machines could reawaken, and once they did, the population of humans across known space began to dwindle, as the AIs destroyed human settlements, and in some cases, whole planetary colonies, one after the other.

Before long, the last bastion of hope was Earth, and several surrounding colonies, the most important of which would be Mars. Holding barely 10% of the original population together, corporations, and even Ravens’ Nest, trained a specialized group of pilots to pilot ACs and fight against the hybrid machines. They are humanity’s last hope. They are a Calling to the Liberty of Man against Machine.

[Incoming Message from-]
//RAVENS' NEST://
/This message comes directly from the core of Ravens' Nest. Raven, we need you to report to your corresponding AC and prepare for immediate combat launch. A massive heat-wave has been detected on the far side of Mars. We have repeatedly tried to contact them, but to no success. We believe that this may be due to a possible AI threat, but are not sure. We wish you to investigate the situation further, and report back after the problem is handled. Thank you, and good luck, Raven.///
//Client: Ravens' Nest
Area of Operations: Mars Docking Station B-2
Number of Enemies: Unknown
Credits: 20,000cr//
-/Close/-[X]

Harper looked through the message from the pilot's seat of his AC, Cerberus, and closed it, thinking for a few moments, "Hey, Crow, did you get the same message?" He waited for a response, fondling around with inside components of the large, metallic-gray, AC.

Flipping a few switches, and typing in a few commands on the piloting-board, Cerberus came online, all of the HUD displays registering completely. The energy gauge, the weapons display, his radar, heating, and even the estimated amount of armor the Core had. All of its weapons registered as full on ammunition. His rifle, High-Act missile pack, and grenade launcher, along with his laser blade, were all prepped, so as far as he was concerned, so was he.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow pressed a button on his com-link. "Yeah. Looks like it's time for another battle." He jumped into the ****pit of his AC, Rain Storm. "Looks like it's time for another fight, old girl." He said to Rain Storm, quietly. "Harper, do all your systems check out? I'm reading green across the board over here." Crow tested the motor systems, making a few punching motions. Of course, he couldn't do that for real with this AC. It had dual gatlings, and those were rather expensive to replace.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Harper looked over Cerberus' board one more time, seeing all of the lights glowing a bright, vivid green, "Yup, although, I don't suppose Cerberus has ever let me down. Ah well, let's get this show on the road. I wouldn't want to keep all of the Martian people waiting for their rescue." Harper chuckled, stroking his fingers across several of the keys.

Large, blue flames began jetting out of several boosters on the backside of the AC, lifting it up from the ground. Cerberus slowly drifted towards the AC hatch, and synchronized with the door, opening it in less than a second. The AC gently flew from the hatch, coming out of one of the many mountains on Earth.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked at the AC slowly gliding it's way out of the hangar. "I hear you. Rain Storm's never let me down. She's the lightest Lightweight out there, so she can't take much, but she can certainly dish it out!" Crow opened the fuel line to his overbooster and jetted out of the hangar, flying past Cerberus. "I don't suppose Cerberus could go any faster? We need to save these people you know."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Harper laughed, "You're a punk. You're definitely underestimating his capabilities." Harper flipped a switch, and the power flowed, sending Cerberus flying straight after Rain Storm.

Harper looked at Cerberus' radar, "Oh, damn! Cerberus is already picking up the heat sig. Whatever it is...it's big. Hmm, at the rate of speed we're going, it shouldn't be too long before we get to Mars."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow laughed. "You should hear what they called me back home. It's a lot worse than "punk", I'll tell you that much." His expression went cold for a second as he heard a small beep from the dashboard. "Seriously? It's already being picked up? How big IS this thing? Is it an Arms Fortress? Hey, Harper, do you have any intel on what we're going to be facing?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Harper stared at the radar readings for a few more moments, before looking back out to Rain Storm, noting that Earth was already a spec way off behind them, "No, Raven's Nest actually wasn't sure on what it was. I'll tell you this much though, if that thing is an Arms Fortress, its quite possible that the thing is as big as our moon...whatever it is is probably what got the colony. We'll just have to figure out when we get there."

Cerberus' continued speeding after Rain Storm. Harper took another glance through the cameras on the AC, seeing that Mars was already in view as a tiny, red ball. "Another minute or so, and we'll figure it out."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked at the tiny red dirt ball that was slowly getting bigger. Although part of it contained ocean, the rest was still a red lump. Still, the terraforming project seems to be working well. Well, at least it was. Crow looked over at Cerberus, flying ahead of him. "Let's just hope this thing doesn't fry our radar. I don't have a head that resists ECM."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Harper chuckled, "I think, as big as it is...if it was going to fry up our systems, it'd have already done it. I mean- What the hell is that?!"

As Cerberus closed in on Mars, something began to appear from behind the planet. It was rather devoid of any detail, but it was almost as big as one whole side of the planet. From what Harper could see, the thing was simply a giant cube. Harper sighed, "That...can't be anything we own. I've never heard or seen anything about something like that!"

Cerberus slowed to a halt, floating in space a ways beyond Mars, "That's got to be an AI...but I guess we'll never find out until-"

"Welcome, loyalist scum." A voice buzzed over Harpers com.

"What the...who the hell is this?!" Harper demanded.

"I assure you, we're human, but for now...that's all you will learn. Come on over if you want to know more." The person on the other side chuckled.

"Human? Crow, you're hearing this, right?!"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow tensed at the sound of the voice over his comm. "Yeah, they SAID human. But how can we be so sure? These AI have pulled some pretty nasty tricks before. Are you sure you want to risk it? I mean, you outrank me, so I have no choice in the matter, but I don't think this is a good idea. Do whatever you think is right, Harper. I'll follow."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Harper thought, "I don't know. We need to figure out what's going on with the colony, but, if these guys are really human, then I want to know what's up. C'mon, we'll go planet-side first, then we'll check out that giant...thing."

Cerberus sped back up, dashing towards the colony, its bright, red eye leaving a light trail behind, along with the booster flames. Upon hitting Mars' atmosphere, the AC immediately began to boost against the fall to keep from burning up during the entry.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow maneuvered Rain Storm to stay behind Cerberus, as Rain Storm was not built for atmospheric reentry, it had to ride on the wake of another AC. "So, what kind of AI do you think is here? AC or AF? I really don't care either way, but if it's an AF, we might need to hang back for a minute. If it's an AC, we could probably go in guns blazing and kill it before it even knows we're here. Would it be OK if I did some reconnaissance?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Harper grunted, "If there is an AI here, I'm expecting an AC or two. But whatever the case, I'd say we need to stick together. Splitting up is risky business, especially if we don't even know who the enemy is here. As for Arms Forts, I don't know for sure, but the thing orbiting the planet is giving off some of the same signatures that older Arms Forts back on Earth gave off."

Cerberus landed on the rocky, red surface of Mars with a thud. Scanning the perimeter, Harper made sure that there were no enemies within immediate contact, "I'm not detecting anything, so let's head into the colony."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow landed right next to Cerberus with a slightly softer thud, then began running in the direction of the colony. "You have a point about sticking together." He looked towards the direction of the cube. "If that thing is an Arms Fort, it's gotta be the weirdest one I've ever seen. Usually they're built with a more... Practical form. Maybe that cube form is just a hibernation mode. Anyway, we should worry about that later. We have a couple AI ACs to fry."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Cerberus boosted towards the colony as well, arming its blade and rifle. Upon reaching the gate, Harper synchronized the AC with the door, and opened it. Beyond the gate was the colony. It was perfectly intact, save for a few destroyed militia MTs, and a few dead civilians. Cerberus' radar beeped, and Harper looked up at it, "I'm detecting something much smaller than the thing above the planet. It's signature is comparable to an older AC model...a NEXT, most likely. These guys are definitely human. The blip seems to be speeding at us from the left." Cerberus turned to the side, staring for any enemies.

"Well, well. Guess the boss wasn't lying. You intruders need to learn your place, and stay away from here." The voice rattled as a NEXT, just as Harper had predicted, buzzed out in front of them.

Harper grunted, "That model consists of old Omer parts...looks like a Lahire-Type."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Rain Storm was nearly toppled over when the NEXT sped past it. "Hey! Watch the paint job, ***hole!" He opened fire with his gatlings and spray missiles, hearing gunfire and explosions put his mind at rest. When his clips ran out, he reloaded and was ready to turn away when the dust settled and the NEXT still stood. "Uhhh... Harper? I think we have just a little problem here..."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
"Shi-hit! I think he's faster than you, Crow." Harper chuckled.

The voice came on over com again, "Well, that was to be expected. If it's a fight you want...then let's fight!" The NEXT dashed past Cerberus, heading straight for Rain Storm. A blade extended from its left arm, and it sped forward, intent on slicing Rain Storm in two. Cerberus aimed his rifle at the NEXT, firing at it the whole way, only landing a few hits though.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow's eyes widened, and then a big grin split his face. Rain Storm jumped right over the rushing blade, and landed triumphantly upon the NEXT's shoulders. "You know, you really need to learn to use less predictable moves." He aimed straight downward and completely shredded the NEXT, making sure not to hit the ****pit or his comm system. "Now, who are you, exactly? Did the people in that Borg cube thingy hire you?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
The person in the NEXT laughed, "Borg Cube? You mean the Tempest. No, I wasn't hired by them. We are all family, here to purge the impure from our race. It is what they have asked of us. You have defeated me fairly though, Raven, and for that, I warn you. Back away from my NEXT."

The man's com shut off as the NEXT sparked, and the remaining bits of its Core began to glow. Harper's eyes widened, "Crow, get out of there! I think he's about to detonate!"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked down. "No duh! As if I couldn't see the energy spike!" Rain Storm jumped away just as the NEXT exploded, but a shard of shrapnel hit his right arm joint, disabling it. "Don't worry. I've been through worse. Besides, that's not my dominant hand."

Top Bottom