• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armored Core: Liberty's Calling

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow got into Rain Storm and opened a channel to both Drake and Zazz' ACs. "Alright, don't shoot at Duoss. We've agreed to a ceasefire. If you guys shoot, it'll blow it for all of us." Rain Storm activated and flew out of the hangar, towards Duoss. Opening a channel to the new contact, he spoke in a serious tone. "Duoss, it's Crow. Don't fire. Angelus, Zazz and Drake are coming. I told them not to attack as well."

Good. I look forward to seeing what you really look like.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus turned several corners, running as fast as he could. He eventually reached Lex's office, opening the door.

"Lex! Duoss is here! For the love of God tell me those upgrades are ready!"

A startled Lex jumped out of her chair.

"Duoss is HERE?! God damn it, I didn't expect it to make such a bold move, but yeah, the upgrades are ready, you should be able to put up a good enough fight to make him fall back and think twice before coming along again, I imagine you haven't got time to hear me go through all the new upgrades, so I'll tell you the two most important ones you need to know."

She pulled up a system schematic hologram of Anubis, pointing out two new primary features, in particular, the added broadness of the shoulders, thighs and torso, as well as the additional upgrades to the arms, linking to the primary weapons systems.

"Alright, first off is the upgrade to Anubis' armour, we've fitted her with an incredibly dense armour type which is resistant to even some of the heaviest weapons fire, however we've customised it so it won't hamper Anubis' movement speed, she'll still be as agile as ever, just a hell of a lot more resilient...Also, an upgrade to your ranged weapons systems, the Vector Cannon."

She pointed at the extensions and rebulking of the arms.

"When you activate the Vector Cannon, Anubis will essentially become an armoured fortress shell, the arms will move forward and two massive barrels spring up from the bulky parts in the forearm, it takes a long time to charge the weapon to full power, you'll be unable to move and it drains a HELL of a lot of energy, however, the weapon itself is able to punch through even fully built up and armoured battlecruisers...Now, we're not going to make this a permanent feature until we've devised a system in which it won't drain so much energy, this is just for now, to take on Duoss if it decides to fight you, it'll easily rip through the thing's armour in it's current state, however, without the necessary upgrades, Anubis won't be able to tackle it for an extended period of time."

Angelus stood back, amazed that she'd managed to get that much out in such a short amount of time, he knelt down next to her, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you Lex, don't worry, we're not dead just yet, if Duoss even tries to fight, he'll regret it."

He ran out of the office, flicking a button before he left, opening the c0ckpit of his Core, jumping over the side, he belted up and switched on the engines, a low rumbling emanated from the awe inspiring robot as it gracefully took off into the air, despite it's new found size.

Angelus forwarded a message to Crow and Zazz.

"Lex is done installing the temporary upgrades, if Duoss tries to attack us we stand a chance at beating him back, meet me in the mountain pass on the outskirts of the complex, we'll take him on together."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Maiden's boosters powered up and the AC blasted out of the hangar, flying past Rain Storm. Maiden's AI voice interrupted over Crow's comm, I'm letting you know that I am currently in control of myself, not Zazz. He is currently unable to pilot me.

EDIT: Took out Zazz' dialog

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Drake AC flew behind Crow, he opened a channel to Crow."Crow i dont think this is the right time or place, but i have to tell you something.....i am not from this planet either galaxy".

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow kept the channel to Angelus open. "That's a problem. He's already in my face." His face went pale as he saw the 3.3C version of Duoss Core walk out from behind the mountain. Even though it was smaller, it was still huge compared to Rain Storm. In one arm it carried a large laser rifle and the other a white, strangely shaped shield.

I thought we weren't going to fight. What do you need your AC for?

Crow, even in his state of fear, smirked. "Just in case." Looking at the small windows showing both Zazz and Drake, he acknowledged what Maiden said. "You don't look too good, Zazz. And Drake, that's not as surprising as you may think. Duoss is already alien technology anyway."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Drake smirked."Well to let you know i have some issues to talk about with Duoss, i might know him a lot before you". Drake talked with Duoss."Remember me piece of metal".

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz shifted, holding his head. The pain was still immense, but Zazz was coping with it for the time being, "I don't feel...normal. Maiden...run an analysis on me."

As you wish. There was a slight pause and then Maiden spoke again, Zazz, I'm detecting a large amount of metal elements in your body, showing up on a nano-molecular level. It just began to surface less than half an hour ago. It is too early for this to be hap-

"NO! Shut up Maiden!" Zazz went silent, worried that the others had overheard Maiden's analysis.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Duoss grunted. Yes I remember, and as much as I'd love to destroy you, I promised I wouldn't hurt anyone. He looked at Crow with his single green eye. Where is Angelus? We cannot talk until he's here.

"He'll be here soon. I know he will."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
"Huh its looks like your old brain doesnt gets old". Drake changed his face, from the serius one to a relaxed one."Too bad that Genu was not so strong as you, the guy didnt even holded for ten minutes".

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The fully remastered Anubis descended on the four of them, Zazz, Crow, Drake and Duoss, Angelus had Anubis grip it's vibro-spear, holding the fearsome weapon just in case. Anubis' thrusters powered down, keeping up just enough thrust to allow Anubis to hover alongside the other three.

"I'm here Duoss, what do you want?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Duoss sighed. A truce. He took a moment to let that sink in, then continued. The Tempest is far more a threat than I am. I suggest to do what would benefit both of us and try to take it out.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus laughed.
"A truce? The very Core that attempted to destroy us wants a truce? Still, if there's something out there that even you're concerned about...Then maybe it's worth paying attention to, I will have you know that if this happens, I don't plan on trusting you...As soon as it's over, we're enemies again...Now that's out of the way, tell us about this Tempest, if it truly benefits all of us, then it's worth you informing us of it's nature."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
"Who is Tempest Duoss, i remember you, you will try to make allys if there is something far too powerfull that you". Drake face keep relaxed.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's a huge Arms Fortress, created under the Closed Plan. The ones on board think they're the superior race, and want to kill everyone else, along with all the AI. I thought, since they want to destroy us both, we could find some mutual ground to stand on, although... He lifted up his arms and then let them drop. I don't know how much help I can be like this.

Crow suddenly understood. "Guys? Remember that cube? Where Harper... Died? That's Tempest. Nine-Ball even said so."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz sighed, and turned both his comm-link and Maiden's comm-systems. "Now, what are you trying to say, Maiden?"

My most accurate estimation would probably be that all of the emotional stress you've gained over these past two days is leading to your change. It's too early for that to happen within the correct time frame though, so both your sister and Duoss must have had a major impact on you.

"That goes without saying."

Zazz, may I ask why you have turned off both of our communications devices?

"I did it because the others...they don't know about me yet."

I advised you to let them know about your backstory before we began this operation.

"I know...just don't bring it up with anyone please."

Of course.

Zazz nodded to himself, and flipped their comm-systems back on. He'd been listening to the cnversation throughout the entire time he'd been speaking with his AC, and he spoke to Duoss, "If we help you, will you tell me why you're so interested in me?"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
A look of fire spread across Angelus' face.

"Tempest...I remember now, for Harper's sake I think I can safely say that we'll help you, my only condition thus far is that you answer everything Zazz asks of you."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Drake closed all his channels only leaving open the channel he maded with Crow."And what about me, i didnt crossed am entire galaxy for just fly here with my AC damaged".

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Duoss chuckled softly. I guess that's it then. Zazz, I'll tell you everything you wish. Angelus, I won't fight any of you, even after the fight with Tempest. And Drake... He pointed his gun and fired, but the laser completely repaired Savior. That's all you needed, correct?

Crow gripped his controls tightly. "Let's go. Harper needs to be avenged."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
"Thanks Duoss, now lets go, in the way can you tell me who is this Harper". Drake moved both of Savior arms, he opened his hangar and grab his Vibra-Blade and put it in his arm.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Maiden stayed still for a few moments, and Zazz opened a private channel with Duoss, "I do have one question that I'd like answered right now. It was you that preemptively triggered my cybernetics, wasn't it?"

Top Bottom