• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am i the only one who liked Nero more than Dante

Nerofanheart

Thank you for the stereotyping and the generalization. I really appreciate it.

/sarcasm

Well, my thoughts of Nero is that he is a whiny twat. A sad little character with a simple mind - killing demons and crying over Kyrie.

First of all, his design is a Dante rip-off. He's a clone in appearance, not a single ounce of originality was put into his design. Oh, maybe other than his demonic arm, that is. Other than that, he looks like he's a younger Dante.

Second of all, his personality is, as mentioned above, rather one-tracked. It is all about whining about Kyrie. That's all he shows us and that is all there is to the story. Girl get kidnapped, boy goes on a quest to save her... not really an interesting story.

Third, I hate that Dante was a secondary character in DMC4. It would have been ALOT more awesome if he was the main protagonist, him wandering around and figuring out who the Order of the Sword is, why they do what they do, their connections to demons and stopping them. That would have been so much more interesting, imo.

Fourth, we don't learn ANYTHING about Nero along the game other than he has some kind of connection to Dante, Vergil and Sparda. We don't learn why, how or what. That's not Nero's fault though, that's just Capcom's bad writing skills. However, it does add to the lack of Nero's personality.

I really don't like Nero, and him being in the best selling game of the series does not have anything to do with Nero being popular. It's because of the gameplay and the fact that it was released on multiple platforms. I will never know why there are people who like Nero better than Dante.

Oh, and one other thing... You said you haven't played the past games? So you base ALL your knowledge of Dante on ONE game? A game where Dante is severely lacking in presence... then it is understandable that you prefer Nero over Dante, but it also means that your opinion is REALLY flawed! Dante has 4 games to evolve in, Nero has 1. If you ignore the 3 other games, then your opinion is simply not valid enough to make such an arguement. Play the other games and then come back, then I might consider your opinion worth of anything.

well arent you the one being entitled, buts its ok ill agree if this new game sells more than DMC4 then you'll have facts to support your points i personally tought that this game was aimed at the crawling in my skin audience

ZeroLove

well arent you the one being entitled, buts its ok ill agree if this new game sells more than DMC4 then you'll have facts to support your points i personally tought that this game was aimed at the crawling in my skin audience

"Entitled to your opinion" means that you have every right to have that opinion of yours and that I respect your opinion.
As I am entitled to my opinion. ^^

But no, it doesn't matter how sales will be, as this is merely MY opinion!

MaximumLobsters

I liked Nero better too, but only the Dantes from 1, 2, and 4. Mostly because of Bosch voice acting Nero was impressive like always, but i still cared more about what happened to Nero in one game, than i cared about old Dante in 4 games.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I just wish they'd done more with his character. There was a load of potential gone to waste. They just turned him into a stereotype who had a personality as deep as a flat pancake. So much wasted chance with him. All I can remember about Nero from that game was the infamous KYRIEEEE crying scene.
They should have given him more motivation other than track Dante for a group he doesn't even like. Then it's save the love interest who he barely had any interaction with outside the 1st scenes of the game. There's no time for an audince to see a relationship develop between the two. It's just shown that he likes her and the audience has to accept that.
It seems like saving the world from Sanctus' plans is a secondary goal for Nero. He only gets involved because of Kyrie.

As for Dante, he was like DMC3 Dante, which I found to be odd considering the time that passed between the games. His personality really suffered. Then when Nero and Dante did meet, it was like two school kids trying to one-up each other with wise cracks and showing who's the coolest.
The again, for me, all the plot of DMC4 was awful.

NeroDMC4

Much better that dante and they blew it up by bringing a reboot to the game...when i first show the trailer i was like !?!?!? so i said i will give it a try...i played for over 2 hours now and my thoughts are : its a nice stylish game with many combos BUT it doesnt feel like ORIGINAL dmc

AND WE WANT NERO BACK

Nerofanheart

Much better that dante and they blew it up by bringing a reboot to the game...when i first show the trailer i was like !?!?!? so i said i will give it a try...i played for over 2 hours now and my thoughts are : its a nice stylish game with many combos BUT it doesnt feel like ORIGINAL dmc

AND WE WANT NERO BACK
AHAHAHA NERO FANS ASSEMBLE !

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Who said you were the only one ??

Dante seemed more like a passive NPC rather then an actual protagonist Nero was more serious and more calculated

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I too prefer Nero over Dante. I just do....I think Capcom left him open in DMC4 so they can easily further develop him in future titles and not f*ck up Dante's character development with their number dyslexia syndrome.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^^^^Ichigo???

F*ck that carrot top, one move boy wonder, zero dimensional twat....Johnny will always be remembered as the Black Power Ranger from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
mmpr-rg-adam.jpg

Also Lelouch from Code Geass and Yu from Persona 4.

- The True Nephilim -

Devil Trigger Expert
I liked Nero at the beginning, trying to save her is understandable, but as time went on, he started to become annoying, besides saving the girl(forgot her name XD) and his Devil Bringer mystery, there wasn't that much stuff I remembered about him, he's really a bland character to watch during cutscenes and his behavior during the later half of Nero's story didn't help build his character either.

Nerofanheart

I liked Nero at the beginning, trying to save her is understandable, but as time went on, he started to become annoying, besides saving the girl(forgot her name XD) and his Devil Bringer mystery, there wasn't that much stuff I remembered about him, he's really a bland character to watch during cutscenes and his behavior during the later half of Nero's story didn't help build his character either.
its kyrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:
nero is hot-headed its a good character trait

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
I like Nero a lot but Dante will always be my favorite :) . He is a bit more "Stylish" Then Nero imo. Although Nero Is a great character. Its a shame we will never learn his past with the reboot : /

Top Bottom