• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am i the only one who liked Nero more than Dante

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well I'm hoping, and some others are too, that they'll continue the original series since there's still a lot of unanswered questions that remain...

Nerofanheart

Project X Zone?
oh would you look at that yuri and estelle from the tales games are in it too i think the japanese dont really like reboot dante so i guess all the games made there will have cameos from the classic one(and maybe nero :0) look almost confirmed good news XD(game looks preety fun too *---*)

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Its a cross over game between Capcom, Namco Bandia, and Sega with characters from Resident evil, Devil may cry, tales of, God eater burst, Dead rising, Ghosts and Goblins, megaman, xenosaga, tekkan, street fighter, darkstalkers ect.
I'd still prefer there to be a DMC game on its own, not with others...

Nerofanheart

I honestly can barely tell and theres only a slim chance that this game will come over since its the sequel of Namco x Capcom and THAT never got localized

I would have to guess not many people but it could be a mixed bag same as over here :/
they made DmC more of a western game in theory should sell worse there and better here .-----.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
they made DmC more of a western game in theory should sell worse there and better here .-----.
Why would you try to westernize it though for the most part it felt more European in terms of monsters and environments the only thing japanesey for probably just dante and vergil

Nerofanheart

Why would you try to westernize it though for the most part it felt more European in terms of monsters and environments the only thing japanesey for probably just dante and vergil
maybe they wanted to catter the 2kool4school audience and they tought the old over the top and lack of swearing style wouldnt cut it?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
tumblr_m85bw9fGtf1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

ZeroLove

maybe they wanted to catter the 2kool4school audience and they tought the old over the top and lack of swearing style wouldnt cut it?

Thank you for the stereotyping and the generalization. I really appreciate it.

/sarcasm

Well, my thoughts of Nero is that he is a whiny twat. A sad little character with a simple mind - killing demons and crying over Kyrie.

First of all, his design is a Dante rip-off. He's a clone in appearance, not a single ounce of originality was put into his design. Oh, maybe other than his demonic arm, that is. Other than that, he looks like he's a younger Dante.

Second of all, his personality is, as mentioned above, rather one-tracked. It is all about whining about Kyrie. That's all he shows us and that is all there is to the story. Girl get kidnapped, boy goes on a quest to save her... not really an interesting story.

Third, I hate that Dante was a secondary character in DMC4. It would have been ALOT more awesome if he was the main protagonist, him wandering around and figuring out who the Order of the Sword is, why they do what they do, their connections to demons and stopping them. That would have been so much more interesting, imo.

Fourth, we don't learn ANYTHING about Nero along the game other than he has some kind of connection to Dante, Vergil and Sparda. We don't learn why, how or what. That's not Nero's fault though, that's just Capcom's bad writing skills. However, it does add to the lack of Nero's personality.

I really don't like Nero, and him being in the best selling game of the series does not have anything to do with Nero being popular. It's because of the gameplay and the fact that it was released on multiple platforms. I will never know why there are people who like Nero better than Dante.

Oh, and one other thing... You said you haven't played the past games? So you base ALL your knowledge of Dante on ONE game? A game where Dante is severely lacking in presence... then it is understandable that you prefer Nero over Dante, but it also means that your opinion is REALLY flawed! Dante has 4 games to evolve in, Nero has 1. If you ignore the 3 other games, then your opinion is simply not valid enough to make such an arguement. Play the other games and then come back, then I might consider your opinion worth of anything.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think Nero is a easier character to write in a non-game medium as Dante is too reliant on being cool to be more than just an action figure. The writers dont want to develop his character or actually treat him as a person so it makes little sense to base an anime around him where you dont have gameplay to ease that tension.

the anime was a snore-fest because of that and so was Dante's 7 misions in DMC4. So nero is better than Dante in that way but the reboot and past dmc stories have shown that it is possible to make Dante a cool/compelling character so now why do we need nero?

Top Bottom