• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zero Time Dilemma (3DS/Vita/Steam)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

"Zero Time Dilemma" is a visual novel by Spike Chunsoft for the 3DS and the PS Vita. It is the sequel to "Virtue's Last Reward" and the final chapter of the "Zero Escape" franchise.

"On New Year's Eve 2028, nine people awaken trapped inside a strange facility and are forced to take part in something called the "Decision Game". The only path to escape is locked by six passwords, and each password will only be revealed when one of the nine dies. What's more, the nine prisoners are equipped with watches that will erase their memories every ninety minutes."

Here's the first two trailers released.

I'm pretty hyped. What about you guys?

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I was hyped till I saw art style. Sadly characters lacking personality in their looks. I hope that plot will be good though.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Though it is weird hearing the English cast for the first time. It make take some getting adjusted to.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I honestly liked the art change. I mean yeah the original style was nice but I don't know I just kinda adore how nice the new stuff looks

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Here's an interview with the game's creator Kotaro Uchikoshi who talks a bit about the game.

Also here's 9 (I see what you did there) minutes of gameplay.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
True but it translates to the game very well, I atleast I have no problem telling apart the main dudes.
Im not really sure who is who up to date tbh. They looking nothing like their original looks. Well Phi is easy, since she has noticeable haircut. That being said I like how they drawn, I just wish they put little more sublime details to add personality.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Im not really sure who is who up to date tbh. They looking nothing like their original looks. Well Phi is easy, since she has noticeable haircut. That being said I like how they drawn, I just wish they put little more sublime details to add personality.
I just think its because there are a lot more normal young good looking characters in this game and the plus for that is the story behind these characters we've met the crazy characters from Time Escape so we get to see what leads up to all of that.
For comparison...

Ok but like Junpei looks cool tho so its fine phi for the most part looks the same yeah and so does sigma for the most part akane also likes a little similar to her old art style
[edit] this was really supposed to be a response to how hot Junpei looks in the new art style while at the same time not mention the fact I think Junpei looks hot in the new art style......I don't mean to argue because I completely agree with what you all are saying

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Ok but like Junpei looks cool tho so its fine phi for the most part looks the same yeah and so does sigma for the most part akane also likes a little similar to her old art style
Ah no, don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with the shift in art style, in fact their new designs have really grown on me.

Especially Zero's...
latest
The whole "Plague Doctor" design really looks cool.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
For comparison...

Imho Alane doesnt looks like her at all. Neither Junpei. They look more generic and less unique than originally. I dunno who this guy with brown hair but he looks exactly same as Sigma only in different colour.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Ah no, don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with the shift in art style, in fact their new designs have really grown on me.

Especially Zero's...
latest
The whole "Plague Doctor" design really looks cool.
Yeah I kinda was rambling and have no idea what I was trying to go for since it was never confrontational. I just honestly love Junpei's design he looks like an asshole now and I love it. Sorry if my earlier comment made like 0 sense

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Moving away from the art style for a moment, there's some interesting trivia surrounding this game.

According to the game's creator Kotaro Uchikoshi, the game had been all but cancelled due to the predecessors low sales but thanks to fan support like "Operation BlueBird" that managed to convince Spike Chunsoft to give the game a chance.

Speaking of the previous game, Virtue's Last Reward's Japanese title had a subtitle called "Extreme Escape Adventure" which was translated to "Zero Escape" as the franchise name to include the antagonist Zero and the pun "There is no escape from Zero"...the creator Uchikoshi liked this and the Japanese title for ZTD is simply "Zero Escape".

Finally like with the previous games, there's a pre-order bonus available to the Japanese to get a watch shaped like the bracelet in the game. Pretty cool huh?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A new trailer has dropped, though it's targeted at the Japanese audience so it's completely in said language. However there's nothing noteworthy that we haven't seen in previous trailers.

Not much longer to wait now...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Seeing as the European release of ZTD is going to be Digital only, I decided to pre-order a Japanese physical copy with the Premium Booklet instead.

zeroescape_160406_thumb.jpg

Plus, the JP copy actually comes with the English dub as an option which was a pleasant surprise.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
For those wondering which version of the game to get, SpikeChunsoft released a bunch of videos showing the same scene but on 3DS, Vita and Steam respectively. I myself, have already pre-ordered the Vita version. But which one will you be getting?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Finally, my copy of ZTD arrived and with the Pre-order Booklet to boot.

vzcQhvJ.jpg

qD6Kh4u.jpg
Can't wait to start playing!

Top Bottom