• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yu Suzuki talks Shenmue III

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Yu Suzuki talks Shenmue III
Legendary Sega developer and Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki has been speaking in public about the future of his most famous franchise, during a press event for Shenmue City in Japan.

There continues to be considerable confusion over what exactly mobile phone game Shenmue City (aka Shenmue Town) is, but it seems to be a social game influenced by Facebook title Mafia Wars. Perhaps more importantly Yu Suzuki is now fully behind it - despite earlier rumours to the contrary.

If only we could read this article by Famitsu we'd probably understand more, but the screenshots alone seem to suggest a fairly involved and high budget product.

Website Andriasang did translate an interview with the great man though, where he insisted that Shenmue City was not Shenmue III.

'I want to make 3 with the same volume as in the past. There have actually been a lot of requests from fans for 3 as well. There were even petitions signed by by tens of thousands of people. I wanted to carry out my obligations for the series,' he said.

Asked whether he ever planned to completely finish the story started in the first two games, he explained that, 'It would be possible to finish the entire story in a single game if we were to show just the highlights and skip over parts.'

'If given the chance, I'd have to think about the scale and the time frame. The Shenmue essence is, of course, in the scenarios I've made. I'd have to think how to make something from them,' he added.

There seems to be no suggestion that Shenmue City will ever be released in the West, but Sega has always said it's willing to consider a proper new Shenmue game if there appears to be the demand

DEMAND?! Have Sega not been listening?!

Make what you want of this news. Personally, I still wouldn't hold out much hope... but that's just me.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
trollface.jpg

That, my friends, is the look Yu Suzuki wears on his face constantly whenever he talks about Shenmue.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Reported on this on another of our sites the other day. Come on Microsoft... anyone fund this to happen, ive been waiting over 8 years for this!

Top Bottom