• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You've been Chosen

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well there's Mass Effect 3 and oh yeah, this.
It wasn't EA that forced them to f**k up ME3 after all.
If a company says anything related to that, then they're not worth it.
F**k Bioware.

Most companies dream of attracting the sort of sales numbers that CoD has, they didn't directly mean they want casual/young immature gamers flocking to their titles. :laugh:

I didn't mind ME3, ending wasn't great of course but overall I enjoyed it. They have been trying to balance the deep RPG aspects of their titles while not putting off casuals for a while but haven't got balance right yet. Bioware are still a great company they just need to nail down what crowd they want as can't please everyone.

Have some great games in their portfolio but don't want them going the more casual route just to please shareholders with sales. Every company has to make money but don't annoy your core fans in process. DA2 was step in wrong direction for most which they are trying to rectify with Inquisition.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Most companies dream of attracting the sort of sales numbers that CoD has, they didn't directly mean they want casual/young immature gamers flocking to their titles. :laugh:
Can't have one without the other :laugh:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Can't have one without the other :laugh:

Thing with those gamers is they are always flocking to the newest thing (newest CoD, TitanFall, Battlefield, Destiny). However they quickly move between them as another title releases.

This new IP is an interesting direction I I'm interested to see & hear more about it.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Thing with those gamers is they are always flocking to the newest thing (newest CoD, TitanFall, Battlefield, Destiny). However they quickly move between them as another title releases.

This new IP is an interesting direction I I'm interested to see & hear more about it.
It's the massive marketing that's giving all those games the attention, plus the fact that they're all FPSs helps their case too.

But I'm not touching anything Bioware related ever again, at least not brand new, anyone who states they want the masses is not worth supporting, it just leads to more unoriginal, dumbed down, story heavy bores.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It's the massive marketing that's giving all those games the attention, plus the fact that they're all FPSs helps their case too.

But I'm not touching anything Bioware related ever again, at least not brand new, anyone who states they want the masses is not worth supporting, it just leads to more unoriginal, dumbed down, story heavy bores.

Many don't state it but all the big developers want a piece of that pie & to get franchises that are as recognisable as those series.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Many don't state it but all the big developers want a piece of that pie & to get franchises that are as recognisable as those series.
All it really comes down to is marketing, it worked for Mass Effect 2, ME1 didn't have much marketing and sold ok, but ME2 had TV trailers and the like and sold way better, yet Bioware still thought it sold better cause they removed the Mako segments and made it more accessible, when it was in fact the marketing that caused the sales.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Duuuuuuuudes (and dudettes), this reminds me of some of the stuff I write. I don't care if it makes me never sleep again or makes me scared of the dark, I wanna plaaaaaay it. Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Then again, it could also be complete rubbish. :unsure: Guess I should wait for other trailers to come out before happy dancing.... *wondering if someone hacked into her brain, though*

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
When BioWare f*cked up Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, you have no idea how a lot of people have lost hope and trust for them. It's only two games yet most of them are acting like it's the end of the world. Example of this is in my time on CDPR forums. A lot of them are former BioWare fans and some of them keep chastising the new DA:Inquisition and even Bethesda games in general.

I think it would've been more impressive if the trailer was CG.

It would be better if they decided to show the trailer with the in-game engine.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Hmm, well my experience with Bioware's stuff has been pretty hit or miss. This trailer was intriguing to say the least so I'm interested to at least see more about the game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Bioware need to nail down what crowd they want to attract for their games instead of flitting between the hardcore and casual crowds. Bioware were a powerhouse once and would love for them to come back with a bang as some of their early games were superb. I personally played and enjoyed ME3 but I didnt enjoy Dragon Age and didnt even bother with the 2nd. However I will give the 3rd its chance to impress me and wont give up on them, this looks interesting and I shall remain optimistic.

Top Bottom