• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Reactions

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'll watch the cutscenes when they hit YouTube.

Even though I'm getting the game on release day, I'll be trying to avoid youtube in case someone has an early copy. But the thing is, I'm terrible at looking for spoilers. :p

Nekodark

Even though I'm getting the game on release day, I'll be trying to avoid youtube in case someone has an early copy. But the thing is, I'm terrible at looking for spoilers. :p

I am as well, but then again I go looking for spoilers and I can have a copy of a game in my hands and still look at a play through before I play myself since I really like looking at others play.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'll probably freak out and run around my house like a Sergal cub waiting for the damn thing to get here. Then when it does get here I'll promptly go full retard and bash my door down to get to it.

Nekodark

Just going to pay off the Pre-order maybe on Friday after work so I can pick it up after work with no problem, waited to long to play it a late b-day/Xmas gift to myself since I can't stop playing the demo and it's fun as heck...but again will not avoid early play troughs since I live to watch them.

ZeroLove

Perhaps I should actually respond to the main topic. XD

When I get a new game, I usually get this tingling sensation in my stomach. Excitement and impatience, wanting to play it right away. So I walk home in a fast pace, as I usually buy the game at a store (not much for pre-ordering), I put it in and I feel a sort of relaxation in my body. I can finally play the game I have been waiting for. And then I play it, enjoying every moment of it.

Should the game end up disappointing me, I never dwell on it, because I can now make a truthful opinion about the game, because I have had it in my hands and played it through. It means I have something that those who refuse to play it hasn't - experience. I know how the game is where those who refuse to play it don't. So when they talk sh*t about it, I just give them the finger, because they don't know sh*t.

8BitHero

Scrub
> Buy game
*Next day*
> Play game

I buy games from Shopto.net soI get games (in the U.K) on the same day as North Americans with all my pre-order shi-. As dumb/corny as it sounds, I'm excited to see the community rip this game apart(in the good way). Seeing all the new tech' that'll be coming out from us, the new combos, combo videos, possibilities with the game engine. speedruns, fun glitches and how NT support this game.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to add
>Change pants

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Perhaps I should actually respond to the main topic. XD

When I get a new game, I usually get this tingling sensation in my stomach. Excitement and impatience, wanting to play it right away. So I walk home in a fast pace, as I usually buy the game at a store (not much for pre-ordering), I put it in and I feel a sort of relaxation in my body. I can finally play the game I have been waiting for. And then I play it, enjoying every moment of it.

Should the game end up disappointing me, I never dwell on it, because I can now make a truthful opinion about the game, because I have had it in my hands and played it through. It means I have something that those who refuse to play it hasn't - experience. I know how the game is where those who refuse to play it don't. So when they talk sh*t about it, I just give them the finger, because they don't know sh*t.

Just curious, if you happen to be disapointed in the game (or any other game you buy for fullprice) wouldn't you regret spending 60$~?

In my case, I have played the DmC demo several times to know that I won't get any enjoyment out of the game. They changed too much for it to bear the name DMC. It's a decent action title on its own for sure but it isn't a DMC game.

In my opinion that is.

ZeroLove

Just curious, if you happen to be disapointed in the game (or any other game you buy for fullprice) wouldn't you regret spending 60$~?

In my case, I have played the DmC demo several times to know that I won't get any enjoyment out of the game. They changed too much for it to bear the name DMC. It's a decent action title on its own for sure but it isn't a DMC game.

In my opinion that is.

Of course I would. But I don't spend 60$ on it. I usually have a few games I trade in Gamestop and then get a discount, because I've got one of those member cards. That said, unless I'm not more or less certain that the game is something I want, then I won't buy the game at full price. I will either wait until the price is lowered or buy a second-hand version for less money. I've seen the trailers, I've played the demo and I like what I have seen, so I am rather certain I won't be disappointed. I believe it will be worth the money.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Of course I would. But I don't spend 60$ on it. I usually have a few games I trade in Gamestop and then get a discount, because I've got one of those member cards. That said, unless I'm not more or less certain that the game is something I want, then I won't buy the game at full price. I will either wait until the price is lowered or buy a second-hand version for less money. I've seen the trailers, I've played the demo and I like what I have seen, so I am rather certain I won't be disappointed. I believe it will be worth the money.

I see, you seem to have done your research and want it for the game itself and not solely because of the name DMC itself.

I can respect that.

ZeroLove

I see, you seem to have done your research and want it for the game itself and not solely because of the name DMC itself.

I can respect that.

Of course not. Who does that? It's been proven time and time again that DmC isn't the same as DMC. It is a reboot. It is new, it is different, but with recognizable elements, because that is what a reboot is, however, it doesn't mean it will be the same like past DMC titles. I've tried the demo and it does feel different, it does feel new, but as said, with recognizable elements of past DMC games. And I like it. Only two things have disappointed me so far...

1) He doesn't smoke.
2) He doesn't turn into a cool demonic/angelic/half-breed entity in his Devil Trigger.

But if those are the only two things that have disappointed me so far, well, then I say the game seems like it will be great, though not perfect. But then again, I don't believe in anything being perfect, as what is perfect is different from person to person...

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Of course not. Who does that?

That's the funny thing, I have talked to different persons both on the internet and real life that they wanted DmC for the name alone and not because of the changes, aka blind faith.

I'm just happy that you have proven to me that not everyone are like that.

ZeroLove

I may be a little over paranoid with all the stuff here lately, my bad.

I must have missed out on something then... Something bad happened? You can PM me about it so we won't fill up this thread about this. ^^

That's the funny thing, I have talked to different persons both on the internet and real life that they wanted DmC for the name alone and not because of the changes, aka blind faith.

Blind faith and blind hatred are both bad, imo. People hating on something, because it isn't what they wanted it to be, or people liking something, because they think it is right up their alley, both sides not actually knowing what they get into... It's just too naive.

No, research is important and to me, a true opinion cannot be formed before one has experienced it. I will play the game and then form my ultimate opinion about it. Luckily, as said, I like what I have seen so far, so I am positive about it.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I may be a little over paranoid with all the stuff here lately, my bad.

I find this discussion rather wellmannered and I can assure, despite my Metal Gear Rising avatar, I'm not here to stir up angry reactions or cause trouble, just wanna understand the viewpoint of the people looking forward to DmC.

Grey-Frog

Welcome to the forums. You'll actually find here that most members here have played through the demo many many times before they made their final decisions.

I find this discussion rather wellmannered and I can assure, despite my Metal Gear Rising avatar, I'm not here to stir up angry reactions or cause trouble, just wanna understand the viewpoint of the people looking forward to DmC.

I didn't think so, just like I said, I'm a bit over paranoid as of late. Besides it takes two to tango, even if I did think you were only here to cause trouble (which again, I do not) it would need someone else to get into it anyway.

ZeroLove

Hey, I think Metal Gear Rising looks awesome and I love Raiden! He's a cyborg ninja who can cut everything into little pieces with his blade... What is there not to like?! Why choose between Raiden and Dante when you can love them both? Anyways, that's a discussion for another thread...

Top Bottom