• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Rarest Games

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
My heist crew needs to know which of your houses to hit, so if you can please do me a favor, please list your rarest games. :3

Here, to develop trust I'll list some of mine! ;) Really though, I figure there's a few collectors amongst us, so this is your chance to brag. At least once:

• Einhander (PS1)
  • Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1)
  • Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition (N64)
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC)
  • Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)
  • Xenosaga Episode III (PS2)
  • Infinite Space (NDS)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Best Buy version (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy VI Advance (Unopened) (GBA)

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Mine rarest ones well :

• SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers ( PSX version not 3ds one)
  • Persona 2 Innoncent Sin ( PSX)

The Good Gentleman

Mine rarest ones well :
  • SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers ( PSX version not 3ds one)

This one is considered rare? Can't you get it for like $20 in mint shape on eBay? I dunno, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, lol. You have my sympathies though - it's pretty depressing thinking you have something valuable, to learn it's not so much. :| I always felt that way about Smash Bros. Melee. Except, it's not rare - it's just a target for frequent scalping due to tourney demand.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
This one is considered rare? Can't you get it for like $20 in mint shape on eBay? I dunno, I could be wrong.

Thats is well JP version of game, port of Sega Saturn game as SMT DS : SH started in history Sega Saturn game, later ended onto PSX game and now on 3ds, so i have well imported PSX version and thinked that it would be rare game well but seems this is not rare as i tought

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Skies of Arcadia
that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

The Good Gentleman

Huh, apparently the Bravely Default Collector's Edition is pretty rare, so I guess that gets added to the pile as well.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Rule of Rose.
Ditto.

I also have Space Channel 5 special edition for the PS2. Not a popular game, or even that expensive, but still rather rare. I also have, somewhere, a PS1 copy of Threads of Fate. The only really rare other item I have is a P4 Solid Gold Edition for the Vita, unopened and another one that is. I have to go look again to see what else I have that isn't that common.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
In no particular order:
  • Biohazard 2 for PC (Japanese Sourceport version) (Complete in Box)
  • Streets of Rage III for Sega Genesis (Complete in Box)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyperstone Heist for Sega Genesis (Complete in Box)
  • Shining Force III for Sega Saturn (NTSC-U) (Complete in Box)
  • Knuckles Chaotix for the Sega 32X (NTSC-U) (cart only); the PAL version is apparently way more valuable, though
  • Captain America & The Avengers Arcade PCB (fully working and in excellent condition)
None especially rare, but one or two of them cost a pretty penny when I acquired them. Had to use a middle-man company to get the Biohazard 2 Sourceport purchased via eBay Japan. American (NTSC-U) retro game imports tend to be either pleasingly cheap or obscenely expensive.

Trying to reacquire a copy of Probotector for the Sega Mega Drive, but prices for a good condition CIB are crazy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hey, I got that one as well! :D Though, I had no clue it was considered rare.
It's rare on the bases that I have neither ever seen it at a store nor do I know a single other person besides you whose even ever heard of this particular release, much less own a copy, so it's rare on the virtue of lacking been a common game. Before today I thought only I had it.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Duke Nukem 3D Screen Saver & Entertainment Pack, Brand New and Sealed.
Extremely rare and almost impossible to find as bidding wars have pretty much always gone around the $1000 mark for one of these.
untitled_by_wesker500-d90hlmy.jpg

East Meets West Duke Nukem 3D & Shadow Warrior Bundle boxes. Very rare, these usually go for around $500 each now since they're so damn hard to find whether they are new or not.
untitled_by_wesker500-d90hloq.jpg

A good deal of the stuff in my Duke collection is pretty rare but these are most definitely the rarest as you can never ever get them cheap, old school collectors like myself dish out massive bucks for these.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Killer 7, I guess. It's a cult favorite among some but I have met 2 people, ever who knew what it was and only I have a copy. I also own PN04 and RE0 for the GC and SMT: Strange Journey on the DS.

Edit:
Are Beyond Good and Evil, GodHand, Rez, Primal or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne rare? I don't know, now that I think about it, if my games are rare or not? What determines it? It's not price, I take it, since that would be Little Nemo for the NES and I've seen it around at shops, hardly a difficult game to find among gamers or stores. How do I find out if my games are rare or not?

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Rocking a copy of Metroid Prime: Trilogy. Though now that it's on the e-shop it's not so rare anymore.

I also have a copy of the PS2 version of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. As I recall, that got a pretty limited printing.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Nintendo GameCube.

The damn thing goes for $100-200 on eBay...and some glorious simpleton at a flea market gave it to me in mint condition for $15.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
All are PS2 games
  • Kingdom Hearts 1
  • The Lucia disc for DMC2
  • TMNT 2 Battle Nexus
  • One Piece: Grand Adventure
  • DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Top Bottom