• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your favorite voice actor(s)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm for one who thinks that voice actors don't get the spotlight they deserve sometimes. So I thought of dedicating a thread to your favorite one(s).

Mine, I don't even have to think about it, is Luca Ward.

luka-ward_280x0.jpg

A deep charming voice, an incredible ability to always nail the right tone and emotion. Voice of many actors, including Kevin Bacon, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel Jackson or Russel Crowe (and also historical voice of Sam Fisher here in Italy - and I've no qualms admitting I even prefer him to Michael Ironside). Speaking of which, here's one of my absolute favorite performances of his, in Gladiator. Listen to this ****.

You came. You may deny it, but I know you did.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Michael Ironside -
. In the voice acting industry, he's best known for playing Darkseid and Sam Fisher, more for the latter. In the live-action industry, he's best known for punching a certain Governor in the face and also blowing someone's head so hard that it turned into a dank meme. My point is; dude's amazing. And with rumors that he's coming back for the new Splinter Cell game that's in development, I'm psyched. I really hope they pan out to be true in the end.

Honorable mentions go to Troy Baker, who has a real wide vocal range. Also, Robin Atkin Downes, who actually mo-capped and gave voice to Doomsday in the Batman v Superman film.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm ashamed to say I could barely name any voice actors. :unsure:

I really should start paying more attention.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Now hold on a second, I don't care if this is off topic. A new Splinter Cell in development? Is that confirmed or a rumor too?
It's unclear. I read somewhere that it is indeed happening but that it's still in the early stages.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, if I really had to narrow it down to one actor...it would be Nakata "George" Jouji.

616_0069.jpg

If you need a deep voiced villain, this is one of the guys to go to. He is probably best known for the JP voice of Alucard, The Count in Gankutsuou, Sol Badguy in Guilty Gear and he dubbed that one dude from that film who says "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Here's a recent clip of him playing an evil priest.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He is probably best known for the JP voice of Alucard, The Count in Gankutsuou, Sol Badguy in Guilty Gear and he dubbed that one dude from that film who says "THIS IS SPARTA!"

So lemme get this straight. You can remember the names of all those Japanese guys but when it comes to 300's Leonidas, from one of most quoted and memed scenes ever in cinema history, he's "that one dude"?

:')

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So lemme get this straight. You can remember the names of all those Japanese guys but when it comes to 300's Leonidas, from one of most quoted and memed scenes ever in cinema history, he's "that one dude"?

:')
To be fair, I love Hellsing. Gankutsuou is based on my favourite novel and I played a lot of Guilty Gear when I was younger. Plus I've never actually seen 300.

Speaking of which, here's that scene...in Japanese!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Some of these are favourites (starred), others most recognizable, and others both.

*Robert McCollum
*Travis Willingham
*Vic Mignogna
*Johnny Yong Bosch
*Patrick Seitz
*Kari Wahlgren
*Liam O'Brien
*Crispin Freeman
Greg Ayres
Tress Macneille
Tara Strong
Scott Menville
Bryce Papenbrook
Colleen O'Shaugnessy
*Rami Malek (at least as Tohno)

There are probably more, but suffice it to say I've had a knack for picking up on certain VAs since childhood.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Yuri Lowenthal
Johnny Yong Bosch
Lara Bailey
Takeshi Kusao (JP voice of Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear)
John Ratzenberger (A Pixar movie isnt complete without him in it)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Kevin Conroy (Batman obviously)
Rodger Craig Smith (Batman, Sonic, Ezio)
Reuben Langdon (Dante)
Tim Phillipps (DmC Dante)

Top Bottom