• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your favorite Devil May Cry OST?

Viper

Premium
Devil May Cry 2 OST

Of all boss battle and basic battle themes, this one has ones that suit me the best. I don't know what else to say that won't sound like pretentious bullshit, so here is a sample:

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
Pretty much all the DMC tracks on my iPod are from the first or second game.

I am a big weirdo so here are two that stand out to show I am a big weirdo.

Heads or Tails:

Ring the Noise:

And Dante's Theme from the anime as a shout out, the anime had some good music too.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I pretty much agree with @RadiantWolf , I'm torn between 1 & 2 for my favourite OST. I can tell you which is my least favourite though, that'd be 4 - aside from the battle theme I can't remember a single other track, such a forgettable OST.

The anime did indeed have very good music, in particular I loved tracks 17 and 25...

TheGoodLife

DJ/Graphics Designer
Pretty much all the DMC tracks on my iPod are from the first or second game.

I am a big weirdo so here are two that stand out to show I am a big weirdo.

Heads or Tails:

Ring the Noise:

And Dante's Theme from the anime as a shout out, the anime had some good music too.

Imo, DMC2 had badass OSTs, but nothing tops Public Enemy #1 and Lock N' Load from the first Devil May Cry.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC1: S, Seeds of Love, Lock 'n Load, Mental Machine
DMC2: Pretty much every battle theme except maybe Arius-Argosax
DMC3: I used to like Taste the Blood before it got too repetitive for me. Now I like Divine Hate and Vergil 1 and 2
DMC4: All the battle themes, especially Swipe of Sword and the Bianco Angelo theme
DmC: Never Surrender, that's about it

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
I just realized this franchise has two songs called "Never Surrender" and "Shall Never Surrender". Both are pretty good but crazy different.

Aurelius

My favorite OST's would definitely be Devil May Cry 2 and 3. I can't remember much of the first game's soundtrack (been a whitle since I've played it).
... Oh yeah, and I've been a long time fan of the band, Combichrist, before the reboot came out.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Devil May Cry 4 Bianco Angelo theme. Why in the world the devs used this marvelous track only once in the whole game (when you meet the first Bianco), I will never know.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil May Cry 4 Bianco Angelo theme. Why in the world the devs used this marvelous track only once in the whole game (when you meet the first Bianco), I will never know.

It's used twice, when the Bianco Angelos are introduced and then when the Alto Angelos are.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Hmm... Let's see what I can get from every game.
1: Ultra violet, Lock and load, Red-Hot-Juice, Flock off! and Super Ultra violet.
2: Shoot the works and Head or Tail. (I don't remember much about DMC 2, this is all I can get...)
Edit: Now that Viper mentioned it, I'll add Cursed Giant too. Damn I didn't remember that song. Oh, I'll add Parasitic Evil, Faithful Servants and Evil Tower too. Bless internet for having the ost. Man, it's really good.
3: Taste the blood, every Vergil battle theme, Suffer (Beowulf version), Jester battle theme, Nevan Battle theme, Devils Never Cry, Doppelganger theme, Divine Hate (Vergil's version), Lady's Battle Theme, Demon World Choir version and Divinity Statue theme.
4: The time has come (or Shall Never Surrender), Sworn Through Swords, Blackened Angel, Lock and Load, Swipe of Sword, Let's just see (Vergil's intro theme in DMC 4 SE), The Viper, Irregularity Attacks and Bianco Angelo.
Reboot: Empty, Lilith Club's Theme, Bob Barbas's theme, Succubus Boss Battle and Never Surrender.

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
DMC1.

I believe it was Masami Ueda, who worked on RE2 which also had the best soundtrack of the RE game series. You can tell, especially with that track in the underground waterways as it could easily be imagined interchangeable with an ambient RE area BG music piece.

Personally I think the first game has the most variety and largest number of fleshed-out interesting tracks, although I also like certain tracks from all of them.

YewGuy

There are plenty to list (ranging from the first Devil May Cry to the Animated Series), but my current top one is the third battle theme of Vergil from Devil May Cry 3.

Honorable mentions: Suffer (Cerberus theme), Devils Never Cry (I guess every DMC players must already know how awesome this track is), Swipe of Sword (Credo's theme).
P.S. Credo's theme is seriously awesome!

Anyway, have you guys listen to the Devil May Cry Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Arrangement album? Its Shall Never Surrender version is extremely awesome! Especially the rearranged piano part. Total eargasm

V

Oldschool DMC fan
1 and 5. I believe the composer for DMC1 was the same guy who did the Resident Evil 2 original OST which is amazing.

Top Bottom