• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'll echo IncarnatedDemon's question: Tameem apologized?

Sorry, but I kind of view it as, "too little, too late". How much bull did they talk, when speaking of the DMC fans? How many times did they fuel the fire that broke the fans into two opposing sides? How many times did they bring the damn white hair into the argument? Know what I'm willing to bet? That THEY started the whole, "It's because he doesn't have white hair" argument. Because as far as I've seen (and based on my own feelings on the matter) the lack of white hair was either a non-issue, or a minor issue in contrast to all the other problems people had with the reboot.

If Tameem had been professional to begin with, he could have spared himself, his team, and his game from some of the bad press they suffered.

And while humans make errors, I doubt Tameem's apology was sincere. He just wanted people to give him what he wanted; their support.

Like a damned politician, that guy.

Anyway, like I said: people can like whatever they want. I personally want nothing to do with the reboot.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You wouldn't be talking about Jim Sterling, would you?

And shame on you for fat shaming other people (whether game journalists or not). Not everyone has their own personal trainer, you know.

Go ahead...

... Say something else about the "fatasses".
I actually like Jim Sterling. When he started out on the Escapist he was quite obnoxious but he grew in to a person who's opinion I can respect and is actually worth hearing. He makes a lot of good points and hits the nail on the head about the problems in the gaming industry.

Thank Godzilla for Jim.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'll echo IncarnatedDemon's question: Tameem apologized?

Sorry, but I kind of view it as, "too little, too late". How much bull did they talk, when speaking of the DMC fans? How many times did they fuel the fire that broke the fans into two opposing sides? How many times did they bring the damn white hair into the argument? Know what I'm willing to bet? That THEY started the whole, "It's because he doesn't have white hair" argument. Because as far as I've seen (and based on my own feelings on the matter) the lack of white hair was either a non-issue, or a minor issue in contrast to all the other problems people had with the reboot.

If Tameem had been professional to begin with, he could have spared himself, his team, and his game from some of the bad press they suffered.

And while humans make errors, I doubt Tameem's apology was sincere. He just wanted people to give him what he wanted; their support.

Like a damned politician, that guy.

Anyway, like I said: people can like whatever they want. I personally want nothing to do with the reboot.
What the hell does he have to apologize for? It was the stupid fans who cast the first stone and berated him every single day. He left some snarky remarks but, I couldn't blame him. You have idiotic fanboys consistently berating him every single day for just doing a job that Capcom (the boss) asked for. And it's not like he's Hideki Kamiya which straight up insults people also sometimes very unprovoked.

This is nothing to do with freaking DmC and DMC. It's just how this fandom consist of some pathetic freaking pieces of crap and it's a goddamn shame. Every day whining like little babies who didn't get their way, a petition to the WHITE HOUSE, and even death threats, no. Nah. Nope. It was just a game and it wasn't even a bad one.

So what if it wasn't an anime like Devil May Cry this time around. That doesn't mean these fans gotta get so goddamn retarded. Makes me sometimes wish I didn't like Devil May Cry. This fadom has developed a stigma just like Sonic and CoD fans. And it all started with the most trivial of f#king reasons.

:shifty:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What the hell does he have to apologize for? It was the stupid fans who cast the first stone and berated him every single day. He left some snarky remarks but, I couldn't blame him. You have idiotic fanboys consistently berating him every single day for just doing a job that Capcom (the boss) asked for. And it's not like he's Hideki Kamiya which straight up insults people also sometimes very unprovoked.

This is nothing to do with freaking DmC and DMC. It's just how this fandom consist of some pathetic freaking pieces of crap and it's a goddamn shame. Every day whining like little babies who didn't get their way, a petition to the WHITE HOUSE, and even death threats, no. Nah. Nope. It was just a game and it wasn't even a bad one.

So what if it wasn't an anime like Devil May Cry this time around. That doesn't mean these fans gotta get so goddamn retarded. Makes me sometimes wish I didn't like Devil May Cry. This fadom has developed a stigma just like Sonic and CoD fans. And it all started with the most trivial of f#king reasons.

It is sad that such a good fanbase got so ****ty because both sides couldnt shut the hell up and reach an understanding. NT got the worst of the end by being the brunt of everyone's hate while Capcom were pretty good in comparison. Then people consider Tameen the antichrist when there have been far worse developers out there who have been sh*tting all over their fanbase for years.

Our fanbase has really fallen.

But I don't care anymore. How far can we possibly fall after the white house petition?

That was the most embaressing thing I had ever seen as a fan of the same series. Very shameful.

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

I agree that there was things i and others in fanbase did that were not right.
But what we did not do is send death threats or sign up a petition for white house to cancel the game.

I highly doubt many did that, and by many i mean practically none.

Let us first agree to number of total dmc fans ok? Let's say 300K, even though i am positive it's much more.

There have been no attempts of killing Tameem. Infact NT have not shown the material they received. And without us having seen them, how can we conclude if they really received a death threat as serious as it can be?
There hasn't been mentioned a investigation of the material either. Because if someone sends a death threat to a developer, i sure as hell would expect game journalists to report on investigation of the threat.
Something along the lines of "TAmeem: We have contacted the police and the material is now in their hands".

Yes, i know people may have made "death threats" on a social media but that's questionable. First of all, writing a message with a alias on a social media is less serious than actually sending a death threat to a company' or person's adress. Who would be so dumb to post a serious death threat on a social media? They can be tracked...
Even if someone says "I'll kill you!" to Tameem, what makes you think they are serious? I saw a comment that was a reaction to Bayo 2 exclusivity that went along the lines of "I'll kill myself now".

Let's put these problems away, and believe that they received death threats. In that case how many? one, 5 or 10 threats? If they received 5 or 10 death threats, surely we would have heard of a investigation?
Ok, let's settle with two death threats.
Do you remember how many dmc fans we agreed to might be? 300K.
That means two of 300,000 fans sent death threats, while 299,998 fans did not send death threats.
So...when did dmc fanbase send death threats? Because what i possibly see is just few individuals sending death threats, so few in number that it doesn't even register on the radar of representing the dmc fans as a whole.

Let's move on to the dumb whitehouse petition. First of all, it was a futile petition because the game had nothing to do with US.
Second it seems the people who "signed" used aliases.
Here is what Escapist writer had to say about it:
Now, ignoring that the grammar of the request suggests it was typed by a 5th grader, let's all take a moment to appreciate the absurdity of the request. Is it a joke? I honestly can't tell. It's worded in such a way that the person who wrote it - one "R.J." from Franklin, Vermont - really seems to believe that the quality of the game is somehow a violation of human rights.
Plus i believe the amount of people who signed it was between 30-70 (i dont remember).
That number is again not even barely enuff to represent dmc fanbase.
Also, how can we even determine if all of the people who signed it was dmc fans? If there are people who are crazy (and stupid) to make white house petitions asking for a game to be stopped or send death threats, then we might as well believe that there could be dmc reboot fans that would do things to make dmc fans look bad.

I haven't seen death threats. Even if they have received death threats, i did not send one, and most of dmc fans did not either.
The petition is very stupid and again neither does the total number of people who i think signed it qualify to say dmc fans send death threats.
Because dmc fans is the majority not the minority.

Let's be honest, when people say "dmc fans sent death threats" they dont think of two or three individuals, but they think of the fanbase as a whole.
People generalize.

EDIT:
Tameem's statement about the threats is quite revealing:
“So I was half prepared for it, although I have to say that it has been pretty eye opening to see some of the creative ways in which people have chosen to vent their hatred. We didn’t expect death threats in comic book form or anti-DmC death metal songs!”

Do you see it? No? Let me highlight it:
“So I was half prepared for it, although I have to say that it has been pretty eye opening to see some of the creative ways in which people have chosen to vent their hatred. We didn’t expect death threats in comic book form or anti-DmC death metal songs!

How can anti-Dmc death metal songs be death threats? It's not threatning Tameem nor Ninja theory's other employees but the death of a game they worked on.

Plus i have seen this song and it is a anti dmc metal song that mentions something must die:

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

Actually dude, he reacted badly even to fans of DmC. There were cases where, people who actually liked the game made suggestions on how to improve the combat if/when the sequel came out, and he outright insulted them. Tameem isn't innocent by any stretch of the imagination; he played the martyr really well, but at the end of the day, he still antagonized people which led up to that martyrdom.

I'm not saying it's all on him, of course; many people (Alex something or other of Capcom) were likewise to blame for the PR mess.

All this being said, anyone making death threats to him over a videogame really ought to have their heads examined. Like you said, it's just a game; take it or leave it, they didn't need to blow it that far out of proportion.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

Lol, what now? It's a simple opinion; I don't like Tameem's attitude, but likewise, I didn't like the way certain members of Capcom handled the PR, either.

If his apology was sincere, good for him. But, I remain cynical. More to the point, it's moot; I don't like the reboot, plain and simple-regardless of how PR was or wasn't handled.

To each our own, right?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It is sad that such a good fanbase got so ****ty because both sides couldnt shut the hell up and reach an understanding. NT got the worst of the end by being the brunt of everyone's hate while Capcom were pretty good in comparison. Then people consider Tameen the antichrist when there have been far worse developers out there who have been sh*tting all over their fanbase for years.

Our fanbase has really fallen.

But I don't care anymore. How far can we possibly fall after the white house petition?

That was the most embaressing thing I had ever seen as a fan of the same series. Very shameful.

Well the antichrist is someone people will at first worship and honor and perform great miracles but then again certain DmC fans do sort of does that and some view NT as the savior of the DMC franchise and some consider what they did for DmC was miracle considering their past games......but I don't believe in the antichrist or a better term the antichrist is a concept of the ultimate evil human being (a person who personifies the opposite principles of Jesus Christ who personifies the best of mankind the good) and we already got one.

images

And he is dead. Plus there has been plenty of wicked and evil people almost as bad or maybe worst than Hitler in history. Lucky we have plenty of Jesus in history like Ghandi and MLK Jr. to balance out the antichrists and Hitlers otherwise well humanity would have no redeeming qualities.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Kamiya is there to balance out Tameem.
Praise be PG.

Then they balance each other out terribly because Kamiya's as big of a dumbass as Tameen.

Well the antichrist is someone people will at first worship and honor and perform great miracles but then again certain DmC fans do sort of does that and some view NT as the savior of the DMC franchise and some consider what they did for DmC was miracle considering their past games......but I don't believe in the antichrist or a better term the antichrist is a concept of the ultimate evil human being (a person who personifies the opposite principles of Jesus Christ who personifies the best of mankind the good) and we already got one.

images

And he is dead. Plus there has been plenty of wicked and evil people almost as bad or maybe worst than Hitler in history. Lucky we have plenty of Jesus in history like Ghandi and MLK Jr. to balance out the antichrists and Hitlers otherwise well humanity would have no redeeming qualities.

I don't think he was literally calling Tameen the antiChrist.

I agree that there was things i and others in fanbase did that were not right.
But what we did not do is send death threats or sign up a petition for white house to cancel the game.

I highly doubt many did that, and by many i mean practically none.

Let us first agree to number of total dmc fans ok? Let's say 300K, even though i am positive it's much more.

There have been no attempts of killing Tameem. Infact NT have not shown the material they received. And without us having seen them, how can we conclude if they really received a death threat as serious as it can be?
There hasn't been mentioned a investigation of the material either. Because if someone sends a death threat to a developer, i sure as hell would expect game journalists to report on investigation of the threat.
Something along the lines of "TAmeem: We have contacted the police and the material is now in their hands".

Yes, i know people may have made "death threats" on a social media but that's questionable. First of all, writing a message with a alias on a social media is less serious than actually sending a death threat to a company' or person's adress. Who would be so dumb to post a serious death threat on a social media? They can be tracked...
Even if someone says "I'll kill you!" to Tameem, what makes you think they are serious? I saw a comment that was a reaction to Bayo 2 exclusivity that went along the lines of "I'll kill myself now".

Let's put these problems away, and believe that they received death threats. In that case how many? one, 5 or 10 threats? If they received 5 or 10 death threats, surely we would have heard of a investigation?
Ok, let's settle with two death threats.
Do you remember how many dmc fans we agreed to might be? 300K.
That means two of 300,000 fans sent death threats, while 299,998 fans did not send death threats.
So...when did dmc fanbase send death threats? Because what i possibly see is just few individuals sending death threats, so few in number that it doesn't even register on the radar of representing the dmc fans as a whole.

Let's move on to the dumb whitehouse petition. First of all, it was a futile petition because the game had nothing to do with US.
Second it seems the people who "signed" used aliases.
Here is what Escapist writer had to say about it:
Now, ignoring that the grammar of the request suggests it was typed by a 5th grader, let's all take a moment to appreciate the absurdity of the request. Is it a joke? I honestly can't tell. It's worded in such a way that the person who wrote it - one "R.J." from Franklin, Vermont - really seems to believe that the quality of the game is somehow a violation of human rights.
Plus i believe the amount of people who signed it was between 30-70 (i dont remember).
That number is again not even barely enuff to represent dmc fanbase.
Also, how can we even determine if all of the people who signed it was dmc fans? If there are people who are crazy (and stupid) to make white house petitions asking for a game to be stopped or send death threats, then we might as well believe that there could be dmc reboot fans that would do things to make dmc fans look bad.

I haven't seen death threats. Even if they have received death threats, i did not send one, and most of dmc fans did not either.
The petition is very stupid and again neither does the total number of people who i think signed it qualify to say dmc fans send death threats.
Because dmc fans is the majority not the minority.

Let's be honest, when people say "dmc fans sent death threats" they dont think of two or three individuals, but they think of the fanbase as a whole.
People generalize.

EDIT:
Tameem's statement about the threats is quite revealing:
“So I was half prepared for it, although I have to say that it has been pretty eye opening to see some of the creative ways in which people have chosen to vent their hatred. We didn’t expect death threats in comic book form or anti-DmC death metal songs!”

Do you see it? No? Let me highlight it:
“So I was half prepared for it, although I have to say that it has been pretty eye opening to see some of the creative ways in which people have chosen to vent their hatred. We didn’t expect death threats in comic book form or anti-DmC death metal songs!

How can anti-Dmc death metal songs be death threats? It's not threatning Tameem nor Ninja theory's other employees but the death of a game they worked on.

Plus i have seen this song and it is a anti dmc metal song that mentions something must die:

Yeah, because when I have death threats I want everyone to know to feel pity for me.
-_-

How do you know that all the death threats were just what's been revealed while the rest were more dangerous? How do you know that the police reports weren't done in secret so that there wouldn't be anymore bad PR then there already was?

Last thing a developer on a harsh start needs is the news that police reports got out.

Duh.

IncarnatedDemon

Then they balance each other out terribly because Kamiya's as big of a dumbass as Tameen.
But will they blend? o_O

Yeah, because when I have death threats I want everyone to know to feel pity for me.
-_-

How do you know that all the death threats were just what's been revealed while the rest were more dangerous? How do you know that the police reports weren't done in secret so that there wouldn't be anymore bad PR then there already was?

Last thing a developer on a harsh start needs is the news that police reports got out.

Duh.
I don't understand your points well, so i hope you can clarify them and elaborate more.
But if Tameem didn't want people to feel pity for him (not that i am making the point), why mention he got death threats?
Tameem received the "death threats" during DmC development, i don'tremember when, but 11 months have passed since DmC's release, and still no mention of a police investigation.
Either the "game journalists" were lazy or there was no investigation.

But the point i argumented for was not that there was no death threats but that the amountof death threats is not even close to an amount where you can even generalize that DMC fanbase sent death threats.
As i pointed out, MANY and by many i mean MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY

did not send death threats.

And observing those that did send death threats and say "I am sad that DMC fanbase sent death threats" when so many did not...is just wrong.

Bazilican

I don't understand your points well, so i hope you can clarify them and elaborate more.
But if Tameem didn't want people to feel pity for him (not that i am making the point), why mention he got death threats?

The way I read it, he was like "haha, I got death threats. How cute." But again, how do we know he wasn't just making light of it so that he wouldn't show his concern for the actual death threats being sent? Getting worried for your life isn't something you wanna show your buyers (Or what little he had at the time)

But the point i argumented for was not that there was no death threats but that the amountof death threats is not even close to an amount where you can even generalize that DMC fanbase sent death threats.

What were the ammount of death threats? And I don't mean the ones that we know where sent, but the others that weren't even mentioned?

IncarnatedDemon

The way I read it, he was like "haha, I got death threats. How cute." But again, how do we know he wasn't just making light of it so that he wouldn't show his concern for the actual death threats being sent? Getting worried for your life isn't something you wanna show your buyers (Or what little he had at the time)
How is sharing with people death threats you received asking for pity, but mentioning you got death threats isn't ?

What were the ammount of death threats? And I don't mean the ones that we know where sent, but the others that weren't even mentioned?
I don't know, but i wouldn't look at every post someone makes on internet and take it seriously. It becomes serious when you do something about it.
Plus if someone really wanted to kill Tameem, the best thing to do is not advertise it.

I dont know how many death threats Tameem received, but he reported only a few.

But if Tameem received 10 or 20 death threats, then I question if he will ever live to make another game after 2014.

Bazilican

How is sharing with people death threats you received asking for pity, but mentioning you got death threats isn't ?

Because it's Tameen. What will the reaction of the fanbase be if Tameen showed concern for death threats? They'd think he was weak and some would say "serves you right". Hey, if some people are retarded enough to wish a bunch of people at NT lose their jobs for one damn game, then people will ridicule him for being worried about death threats.

I don't know, but i wouldn't look at every post someone makes on internet and take it seriously. It becomes serious when you do something about it.
Plus if someone really wanted to kill Tameem, the best thing to do is not advertise it.

Which is why he only mentioned the few that he did and not the hardcore whining ones that were probably cluttering his desk.
We don't know if NT called the police or not, nor do we know if someone really did something or not.

I dont know how many death threats Tameem received, but he reported only a few.

But if Tameem received 10 or 20 death threats, then I question if he will ever live to make another game after 2014.

I may not like Tameen, but I'm not that ****ty of a human being to wish for his death all because of one rebooted game. Gamers these days make me vomit.

IncarnatedDemon

I am not that ****ty either. I dislike Tameem but i would never wish for his death. But i dislike him for a reason, not because of who he is.
I dont like that he is involved in DMC.

But if he revealed the death threats he received and i saw them for myself, then i would have loosened up to him.
I wouldn't mock Tameem for sharing with me the death threats if they indeed are death threats.

Top Bottom