• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox or ps3?

Which Console Did You Buy DMC 4 For?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • PS3

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
Bandoor;67866 said:

becuz when i bought it on xbox it didnt work, so i bought another one for ps3.
and after 2 days the game worked on xbox.

anyway idc, im rich!:p thats why i didnt change it or ask for refund:lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ultimadream;67946 said:
i still find the Xbox 360 release a bit silly alot of Xbox 360 owners probably never played Devil May Cry 1 & 3 (I missed out Devil May Cry 2 for valid reasons), I can't help but think it wont appreciated well on the Xbox 360, Look what happend when Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance went on the Xbox people barely noticed same with Silent Hill 2 & 4.

Seem to forget that most Xbox 360 owners also owned PS2's at some point. Also according to sales figures its sold more on the Xbox 360 right now so Capcom will be thinking it was a smart move profits wise. With Metal Gear and Silent Hill it merely gave people the choice and more people owned PS2's so bought it for that instead which is why it might have gone relatively unnoticed on Xbox. Some excellent Xbox only games also went relatively unnoticed (although it was for PC too) such as The Chronicles Of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay. Its also the marketing that can make or break the sales of a game on a particular console.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ultimadream;68219 said:
That Riddick game was fantastic, I was never a fan of the movies but i did enjoy what i played of that. Whats also Interesting to note is how Resident Evil 4 sold better on the PS2 . Personally i dont think RE4 is that great i liked the other 3 better. also the gamecube releases of Dreamcast games had hardly any impact either like Shenmue 2 didnt when it went to the Xbox ( If that came to the PS2 like it was going to i definatly would have bought it.

Ah well at least DMC4 was still on the PS3 if it were an Xbox 360 exclusive i would be really ****ed.

The remake of Riddick 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena' should be awesome. I loved the movies and loved the game, and hope the new one is even better than the original. Also Shenmue 2 didnt have such an impact mainly because it wasnt translated. I played it and loved that too and would love there to be a Shenmue 3, if that came it would be up there with Mass Effect, Oblivion and Lost Odyssey. Resident Evil started on the PS2 so people were used to it on that, and with how many people owning PS2's it was the sensible option to buy it for that (stick to what you know and all that).

Capcom would never just scrap it for one console unless they felt that the profits wouldnt be enough to warrant a release on it. Overall the more platforms the game is on the wider the appeal and the more game sales.

Top Bottom