• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XBL Player has DmC a week and a half before release

ChaserTech

We still haven't gotten to see how we can use them all together. That's one big thing. Gregaman is just one dude, there's plenty of other imaginative people out there to help think of combos and set-ups. I'm less interested in getting more weapons, and more about seeing how we can make them all work together.

That's the problem.

From what we know so far, DmC has even less moves than DMC4 Dante. (I believe DMC3 Dante had the most moves in total). And that is just with 8 weapons so far. (Rebellion, Osiris, Aquila, Arbiter, Eryx, Ophion Whip, Ebony & Ivory, and Revenant) We don't know Kablooey's moves as of now but I almost want to say that it won't have that many moves. Unless it has some sort of a combo system like Lucifer or if it can transform like Pandora.

From what we've seen already, DmC Dante has 58 Abilities so far (if you count Just Charged attacks, it would be around 60+) and DMC4 Dante has 76 moves (if you counted Just Charged attacks for Gilgamesh, they would be around 90+)

People are getting discouraged about this since PRs were saying "We haven't seen the bottom of the barrel" in terms of weapons. It made it seem like there were still a lot of weapons left.
If there are more weapons to be discovered, it would be awesome. Judging on the evidence that we've seen, I'd say that either there will be more hidden weapons that no one knows about or they will be DLC, which would be a complete rip off in my opinion.

Nekodark

Meh do not care of extra's I will be happy with finally playing the game then wanting anything else since I've waited so long to finally see and play it, I mean extra stuff is good and all but I want the full thing that people worked hard on for so long and that would be good enough for me. damn is it the 15th yet? or maybe I should start stalking my local game store checking to see if it is in already since the manager wants to play the game as well..he talks about it so much. xD

EvilX-81

That's the problem.

From what we know so far, DmC has even less moves than DMC4 Dante. (I believe DMC3 Dante had the most moves in total). And that is just with 8 weapons so far. (Rebellion, Osiris, Aquila, Arbiter, Eryx, Ophion Whip, Ebony & Ivory, and Revenant) We don't know Kablooey's moves as of now but I almost want to say that it won't have that many moves. Unless it has some sort of a combo system like Lucifer or if it can transform like Pandora.

From what we've seen already, DmC Dante has 58 Abilities so far (if you count Just Charged attacks, it would be around 60+) and DMC4 Dante has 76 moves (if you counted Just Charged attacks for Gilgamesh, they would be around 90+)

People are getting discouraged about this since PRs were saying "We haven't seen the bottom of the barrel" in terms of weapons. It made it seem like there were still a lot of weapons left.
If there are more weapons to be discovered, it would be awesome. Judging on the evidence that we've seen, I'd say that either there will be more hidden weapons that no one knows about or they will be DLC, which would be a complete rip off in my opinion.

Eryx is the only thing really holding my interests thus far. Should have an interesting plethora of Just Charges, that hopefully will really alter the moves. And I wouldn't be too down on the DLC weapons; could wind up being free ala NG3/RE.

ChaserTech

Eryx is the only thing really holding my interests thus far. Should have an interesting plethora of Just Charges, that hopefully will really alter the moves. And I wouldn't be too down on the DLC weapons; could wind up being free ala NG3/RE.

That is if they are free. I just have my suspicions since Capcom has been iffy about DLC practices still.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That is if they are free. I just have my suspicions since Capcom has been iffy about DLC practices still.

I dunno, they've been doing pretty good so far. I mean, in RE6 Ada's entire campaign was totally free, you just hadto beat all the other campaigns. Like the good old days :p

Aaaah, nostalgia~

ChaserTech

I dunno, they've been doing pretty good so far. I mean, in RE6 Ada's entire campaign was totally free, you just hadto beat all the other campaigns. Like the good old days :p

Aaaah, nostalgia~

I won't say Capcom has been doing alright in terms of practices until I see multiple games from them ensuring that they have changed their ways. Until now, I'm still quite skeptical.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, it's a step in the right direction at least :p And DmC won't have any Day 1 DLC, Vergil's Downfall ain't even done yet to be on-disc :p

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
i have never liked the wait for games coming out. why? because someone always breaks street date and spoils the game for everyone by going around trolling and bragging. i predict that will happen on forums everywhere and im gonna have to say adios to these forums for a week or two. i usually play and beat the game before returning to forums when im super excited for games like i am now. i told my wife if there is a midnight launch we will be outside gamestop waiting for it :cool: . she doesnt understand why i paid the entire game off a week early and why i like games so much. so i asked her,why do you like looking at makeup for sometimes hours at a time ? its a hobby and we both enjoy our hobbies.

Dominus

If there are dlc weapons in this game I don't know if I should be mad that Capcom is charging for them or happy that there's more variety . I reckon with bloody palace might be dlc down the road, or they might have scrapped it in favor of developing the Vergil dlc. I remember people data mined MvC3 vanilla and it had folders for Doc Ock and some other characters that didn't even end up being in UMvC3. Bloody palace could also be a wait and see release depending on the sales....

Dominus

It was a demo, why would it have the files in it?
It's only a folder that is shown and it looks to be the menu screen folder for the bloody palace (aka the image files of the menu). All the other folders with the prefix DVGFxContainer look to hold images or assets of the various menus in the game. So either its A) unlockable B) down the road dlc, or C) placeholders left for something they did not get to finish (which is the case in many games).

Dante47

Considering all Devil May Cry games have had Bloody Palace as an unlockable mode and Capcom does not want to further push the idea that they enjoy selling locked content for high prices, I don't see why it wouldn't be an unlockable mode.

DarkSlayer54

Considering all Devil May Cry games have had Bloody Palace as an unlockable mode and Capcom does not want to further push the idea that they enjoy selling locked content for high prices, I don't see why it wouldn't be an unlockable mode.
Not all.
If you count DMC3: DA, and DMC3:SE as separate games, then 3 out of the 5 games would have had it.

Nekodark

Humm looks like two others played the game if you look at the others who have seem to played the game why didn't I notice that.....o0

Edit: Don't know if anyone else researched the player as well as the other two or maybe they have but I found out the that the link player is in the gaming not just as a player or am I late to the party realizing this guy as well as the other two have game industry jobs..I am catching a cold so that must be why I must have missed that if anyone else pointed it out or knew already..now don't mind me I am sneezing my head off over here. lol

I thought he was a non industry player but that would explain why he and the other two have the game early, now going to try and get comfy or some sleep.

Top Bottom