• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XBL Player has DmC a week and a half before release

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
That person must be lucky to see game before release. I had sometimes these types of situation but they happened in other genre of gaming. Im only happy that I will get game only an days before Poland gets translated copies well, after playing Polish version of DMC 4 Im more happier to play it in English than mine country native language.

m100t8s

There must be other weapons in the game as well....it can't be...if the 2 angel weapons and the 2 demon weapons are acquired in missions 1 through 10 ... then 10 through 20 what are we going to get ????
Maybe there's other weapons as a DLC, It's Capcom so don't expect something else.

Valcorn

There must be other weapons in the game as well....it can't be...if the 2 angel weapons and the 2 demon weapons are acquired in missions 1 through 10 ... then 10 through 20 what are we going to get ????
Shotgun and the Kaboomhey

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I can't belirvr somsone has the game so early, and I have to admit I'm a little jealous. :p Does that mean there might be more leaks soon? Methinks there might be.

Gbraga

I already accepted that I'll have to wait 10 more days after everyone's playing with Donte, so I'm not really jealous.

Donte can wait, only a few more days!

Gbraga

I'm mostly interested in the reviews (user made)
I want to read some reviews too, but what I'm really excited about is the community finding out new tech and making videos, I can't wait!!

If I can keep up with the skill level I'll make some videos myself

Nekodark

I don't see anything from the first link, and since I am not the type that care for achievements the second link does not matter to me. What I can't wait is to freaking play the game myself and hope the game store I normally get my game from get's it early like it sometimes do, I've got games really early at times from there.

Not disappointed in anything since all I am looking forward for the story and if I did have expectations or wants I would be surprised that it would not be in the game because my wants or thoughts what should be in the game is not what the people who made it put in the game since our minds are not connected and we are different thoughts and ideas so I can't wait to see what goes on, I want the damn story which I will seem to get and I am looking forward to...hope I be the lucky few to get it early since the game comes out on my last day off before work and would love to have it on my first day off to have more time with it.

8 more days Fuuuuuuuuuuuu come onnnnn! or maybe 5 or 6 if the store gets it early!xD

DarkSlayer54

So much for my platinum...
Completing it on SoS = Possible
Completing it on DMD = unknown
Completing it on Heaven or Hell = Possible
Completing it on Hell or Hell = I'm not going to even bother

EvilX-81

Jeez, they've made sure that you are supposed to stay in the air. :/

Which is why I was thinking with their statement of making the combos/combat more aerial, the enemies would also be made more around aerial combat, forcing you to somewhat constantly have to angel/demon evade in midair, Angel pulling, enemy stepping, and Gliding around from enemy to enemy, etc in the later levels.

But that'd probably be much tougher to implement then to dream up, and with how ground oriented the demon weapons are...

Maybe the problem isn't having no other weapons though, so much as possibly not having anything especially awesome about the weapons currently, like doing Beowulf/Gilgamesh's Real Impact. But then, maybe it's in the upgrades is where they will really shine...

8BitHero

Scrub

ChaserTech

http://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achievementid=173108
I guess they got the game shipped to them early. It's happened before. All in the U.K.
2 are generic gamers. I'm tempted to go to ASDA or Tesco and see if they are selling DmC early.
but the other is LaurenWainwright who worked as journalist so I guess it makes sense she has it but since when was she supposed to be working on this game? She lost A LOT of reputation this year anyway(so eff her is all I can say).

Yeah that's what happened to Skyward Sword. The game got shipped out early and someone uploaded it for everyone to download. Still got good sales regardless though. Beast game imo.

Which is why I was thinking with their statement of making the combos/combat more aerial, the enemies would also be made more around aerial combat, forcing you to somewhat constantly have to angel/demon evade in midair, Angel pulling, enemy stepping, and Gliding around from enemy to enemy, etc in the later levels.

But that'd probably be much tougher to implement then to dream up, and with how ground oriented the demon weapons are...

Maybe the problem isn't having no other weapons though, so much as possibly not having anything especially awesome about the weapons currently, like doing Beowulf/Gilgamesh's Real Impact. But then, maybe it's in the upgrades is where they will really shine...

You can technically do that without the game trying to force you. I don't see many enemies in the game that actually fights you in the air. Most enemies that were shown fight on the ground. If people fought airborne enemies that fight back in the air, people would get frustrated.

And I honestly doubt that weapons would get much better than they are now. Seeing from the upgrades list, I have really low hopes on an interesting moveset, cept from Aquila and possibly Kablooey. Everything else is kinda rehashed and unoriginal. I had hoped that there would be an interesting moveset from all the weapons that are given to you, but I guess not.

TyIquan_DmC

People really expected more weapons? And are now putting the game down because it doesn't have more?

Well ok.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
We still haven't gotten to see how we can use them all together. That's one big thing. Gregaman is just one dude, there's plenty of other imaginative people out there to help think of combos and set-ups. I'm less interested in getting more weapons, and more about seeing how we can make them all work together.

I've already loved doing 180 Helm Breakers during Osiris combos to help me set up for other stuff, and I can't wait to get my hands on Revenant :3

DarkSlayer54

We still haven't gotten to see how we can use them all together. That's one big thing. Gregaman is just one dude, there's plenty of other imaginative people out there to help think of combos and set-ups. I'm less interested in getting more weapons, and more about seeing how we can make them all work together.

I've already loved doing 180 Helm Breakers during Osiris combos to help me set up for other stuff, and I can't wait to get my hands on Revenant :3
There's so many things I want to try!
Like, Slash, Slash, Slash with the big fists!... or, maybe... Slash, Slash, Jump, shoot.
I can already tell, I'll be the cool kid on the block. I have a lot of imagination!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
YEAH! And then...andthenandthenandthen...AND THEN! I'll punch 'em in the butt!

...yeaaaaah~

Dante94513

I've been alright with the amount of weapons in the game ever since Aquila. 5 is enough and while each don't a HUGE list of move sets like DMC3, having them on the fly and coming up with a lot of combo depth is enough (that's what DMC's gameplay is to me, its not about variety of weapons, or moves. Its about how to use them in different ways and coming up with devastating combos). I have to admit, I prefer DmC's weapon system over DMC4's. But I'm still highly amazed on the quality of combos that Dante made in DMC4. I can't say DmC is on the same level YET, but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Plus this is a reboot, I don't expect a large amount of weapons and moves, but the best elements from the previous game. Maybe in DmC2 there will be a lot more.

Top Bottom