• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XBL Player has DmC a week and a half before release

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
I hate to be the guy to throw someone randomly into the spotlight but I found someone who apparently has (and completed) the game early. On Xbox.com, you could see the achievements he/she has unlocked, the official game title "DmC Devil May Cry", etc. It appears they had the game since January 3rd and completed it just yesterday. Here is the link:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=Redriceman82

Try not to kill him guys :p

EDIT: Also, here is the achievement gathering the total players tracked who unlocked what achievements:
http://www.trueachievements.com/DmC-Devil-May-Cry/achievements.htm

ChaserTech

. . . Huh.

Are those all of the achievements that you can unlock in the game? If so, that means there might not be any more weapons available. Kind of a let down, if you ask me.

Devil Player

I just saw that one, lol.

I can't believe it still hasn't been leaked yet. It's a matter of time, now. :)

Anyway, good find and let's hope for a good stuff to be released today.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
. . . Huh.

Are those all of the achievements that you can unlock in the game? If so, that means there might not be any more weapons available. Kind of a let down, if you ask me.

I said the same thing. Considering how the reps said they haven't revealed all the weapons, I guess they're using Kablooey as the one thing they haven't shown so they could say "We haven't shown you everything". I was hoping for more angel & demon weapons as well. =/

ChaserTech

I said the same thing. Considering how the reps said they haven't revealed all the weapons, I guess they're using Kablooey as the one thing they haven't shown so they could say "We haven't shown you everything". I was hoping for more angel & demon weapons as well. =/

Yeah. Personally even if there were more weapons, I think it would confuse the control scheme more. Unless the D-Pad was used for other weapons. Or if Dante actually ends up using Yamato at the end of the game or something. (After the Vergil Boss fight)

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
Yeah. Personally even if there were more weapons, I think it would confuse the control scheme more. Unless the D-Pad was used for other weapons. Or if Dante actually ends up using Yamato at the end of the game or something. (After the Vergil Boss fight)

That is true. Adding a third for each might've complicated things considering each side on the D-pad gets one press to scroll.
This game might be my quickest completion out of all the Devil May Cry games with achievements. The originals took me around a month to perfect. I'll try and go easy on this game. I'd hate to burn it out after waiting for so long. Especially since there seems to be no Bloody Palace mode from current speculation.

m100t8s

I've always wanted to be the guy who gets games before it release, I'm pretty sure it's an awesome feeling.

ChaserTech

That is true. Adding a third for each might've complicated things considering each side on the D-pad gets one press to scroll.
This game might be my quickest completion out of all the Devil May Cry games with achievements. The originals took me around a month to perfect. I'll try and go easy on this game. I'd hate to burn it out after waiting for so long. Especially since there seems to be no Bloody Palace mode from current speculation.

I honestly think that Bloody Palace is technically the training mode that is within the game.
I also think the training mode is a bit silly since it's extremely plain. At least in DMC4 you could pick and choose where you wanted to train (with the debug mode). With the training mode that is given to you, all you have is a blank room with 1 enemy to practice combos on.

Speaking of which, I JUST noticed that the enemies that you combo against in the demo are all the same. Like they have the same properties (physics wise, hitstun wise). In DMC4, almost every type of enemy had different properties when you did JC'd combos against them.

An example of this is JCing against (Mega) Scarecrows with Dante. Scarecrows normally descend even when you use Jump Cancel. But this wasn't apparent for all of the enemies in the game. Some enemies would stay in the air while JCing and some wouldn't be able to be launched any higher without using a Melee attack that causes them to ascend. (Nero could only do this in midair).

Jeez, they've made sure that you are supposed to stay in the air. :/

Dominus

Could have just allowed you to equip only 4 weapons total (out of 5) and you could mix and match with say 10 total melee weapons. One can dream though.

ChaserTech

Sorry for the quote-fest. lol

I've always wanted to be the guy who gets games before it release, I'm pretty sure it's an awesome feeling.

I actually did that with Skyward Sword. :p

MY GUESS FOR WEAPONS!!!! Is that they are gonna be dlc :)

That would be Capcom's way of saying "Pay more money for stuff that changes the game's combat system!"

@Chaser, there goes deep combat system.

After looking at the movelist, I was already set on the game not being that advanced. Especially since Eyrx and Arbiter are really clunky and have horrible aerial moves. Eryx is just a really bad version of Gilgamesh/Beowulf that's slower, less practical (for aerial combat) and Arbiter is kind of a deadweight weapon in terms of being creative in combos.

Could have just allowed you to equip only 4 weapons total (out of 5) and you could mix and match with say 10 total melee weapons. One can dream though.

People would probably complain. Plus it'd be controversial if Capcom/NT did that since they wanted the weapons to be literally "at your fingertips". Not in the menu and having to select them. lol

Valcorn

Someone make "DMC3 weapons" mod (not possible, I guess T_T) for DMC4 and we have some best gameplay around.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No Bloody Palace isn't going to be much of a let down for me. Considering it wasn't in Devil May Cry 1. Maybe it will be included in DLC or something =/

Devil Player

I noticed that most of the achievements had some differences if compared to the list shown a month ago...

For example, one of them is "complete the final mission on human, devil hunter or nephilim difficulty". However, it wasn't called that. Instead, it was called "defeat spoiler character on any difficulty".

Other one was for defeating Hunter, but it changed to defeat your pursuer...

neccowells

i have a feeling there will be a **** load of unlockables for NT to compensate for all these spoilers. We still have Vergil's Downfall un spoiled

KIRA

There must be other weapons in the game as well....it can't be...if the 2 angel weapons and the 2 demon weapons are acquired in missions 1 through 10 ... then 10 through 20 what are we going to get ????

Top Bottom