• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WTF Sony? Some bad news regarding Spider-Man

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The video did say that the problem might be handled "really soon."

I don't think there's going to be a venomverse anymore since, according to the more recent vid I posted, Marvel might be trying to absorb Venom (along with the rest of the venomverse characters like Morbius) into the MCU as well.
Thats probably for the best. The Venomverse was a long shot anyway.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

This feels like the best case scenario. Basically both Sony and Marvel would get to use Spidey in their films. Tom Holland would have a confirmed job for the next decade.

However, it feels too good to be true so i expect it not to happen.

I'm on the fence about the Sonyverse. I'm curious to what it could lead up to. I'm interested in lesser known characters like Morbius getting a shot. But Sony is dealing with C/D-listers without really an overarching story to lead up to so its a cause of concern. Ironically i think Fox had more of a shot with X-men than Sony does with Spidey.

This might feel like hypocrisy but I'd dig deep in spidey's supporting cast/antagonists and spread the wealth. He's got a ton of people who either haven't been used or will be used so they are ripe for reinvention.

These are examples of what im talking about-

Top Bottom